What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Roosters rd 10 2018

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Haha it used to be a running joke on here from one of the old posters (might’ve been Kipper or NZwarrior) about kicking the cat when we lost. No way I’d actually kick my cat, even though he’s an annoying fat bastard at times!

Reminds me of the old Dogs hooker Hethrington on the Footy Show years ago talking about Halligan

"The way he's kicking I'd hate to be his dog"

Lisone got hooked pretty quick after the mistake then penalty.

Do we believe Hiku gets replaced next week???
How did Beale go in ISP?

spear tackle

Juniors
Its all pretty easy if you ask me , Roosters turn up to play ,we didn't.
Yes we had a couple of key players missing but that shouldn't matter too much especially with all the talk of this depth we have this year. Surly that cant be a media beat up???

Juju

Juniors
And man that stadium announcer needs to learn when enough is enough. By the end of the game his "defence" chant was becoming a cruel joke.

and we didn't need to hear about the goddam Mitsubishi Diamanti with its lights on 9 times.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, now we can start worrying a little bit. There's a few guys who just aren't cutting it. Lisone is clearly one, for some reason I softened on him for a while but after all the NRL football he's played he's not better. He needs to bugger off to ressies, bring in Satae - I know they're different players but Lisone offers nought. His handling errors and defence is a liability. I don't know if we can keep justifying Hiku either if Beale shows form and confidence in his leg or Ayshford is fit again. The amount of one on one tackles Hiku misses is incredible.

Yes no SJ and Luke but the piss weak defence, poor hands and questionable commitment got us. We're carrying passengers.

One Warrior

Bench
Lisone, Hiku & Tevaga must go, replace with Sao & Beale, with Luke hopefully back at Hooker and Lawton to 14, Lawton was off the field too long yesterday. Don't want to see Lisone or Hiku back in first grade, why we ever re-signed Lisone to 2020 I will never know, he can be released now for all I care and with Beale and Ayshford now available, Hiku can play ISP.

Blair

Coach
Jarred in the bin.
1 min to go.

I watched the game at my local, drinking a couple of fire engines due to the mid-afternoon start. Very pleasant, with a fireplace, decent company, rustic, late-Autumn charms of Sydney's Blue Mountains...

Anyway, that's the positives.

Back to the footy, with all those errors we were only in the game so long because of the Roosters, both starting out making more mistakes than us, and then still making a few later on (as echoed here in this thread).

But I was shocked by our performance. During the crap days of last year we at least scored points, were on top for good periods, then often we fell apart. This year I'm a bit concerned about a possible Jeckyl and Hyde personality of our team.

Yesterday though was hopeless. The reseves were kept scoreless too, is that some kind of record? Two Warriors sides at Mt Smart, 160 minutes of football, and no points scored by us?

The poor fans at the game. Thank god I was in a warm pub.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Just on that Hargreaves binning. A non-league sort of guy asked me whether that nine minutes not used in that carries over to the next game.

I thought it was a very valid point.

Blair

Coach
Problem is it’s not entertainment, it’s culture, and you can’t ask people to cut it short just for the sake of an audience if you’re taking it seriously. Anyone who’s ever been welcomed onto a marae knows sitting/standing in the cold for ages wondering if the kaumatua will ever bloody stop talking is part of the deal, haha.

From my experience, every time I went to a marae the speeches soon stopped once everone's stomachs started rumbling.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Lisone got hooked pretty quick after the mistake then penalty.

Do we believe Hiku gets replaced next week???
How did Beale go in ISP?

But that happened to Lisone in the same circumstances v Melbourne. He's particularly hopeless in a hiding, isn't he?

Hiku still looks good when he's going forward. We didn't score a damn point yesterday, does the coach drop a player who can usually help score them?

It can't be easy being a head-coach.

But that happened to Lisone in the same circumstances v Melbourne. He's particularly hopeless in a hiding, isn't he?

Hiku still looks good when he's going forward. We didn't score a damn point yesterday, does the coach drop a player who can usually help score them?

It can't be easy being a head-coach.
I'm no coach and no expert, but Lino didnt adapt to Mitchell's up and in defense. Which similar to Kata but actually got his man with the ball.
Lino couldn't step inside or react quick enough to pass to centre.
So either move closer to pass and use run around to create numbers, step to outside Mitchell's shoulder for longer pass ( but sets up for intercept) or drop deeper to give yourself time.

Attack didnt get many shots. But can't recall many running plays, mostly left to right and grubber thought the line.

Who gets dropped???
SJ and Lino look unavailable, Harris to 5/8???

TheDMC

Bench
I'm no coach and no expert, but Lino didnt adapt to Mitchell's up and in defense. Which similar to Kata but actually got his man with the ball.
Lino couldn't step inside or react quick enough to pass to centre.
So either move closer to pass and use run around to create numbers, step to outside Mitchell's shoulder for longer pass ( but sets up for intercept) or drop deeper to give yourself time.

Attack didnt get many shots. But can't recall many running plays, mostly left to right and grubber thought the line.

Who gets dropped???
SJ and Lino look unavailable, Harris to 5/8???
You are spot on, With quicker hands Lino could have released the outside backs two or three times but instead he got crunched , was pretty poor. Could have made Mitchell’s rush defense end very badly...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
You are spot on, With quicker hands Lino could have released the outside backs two or three times but instead he got crunched , was pretty poor. Could have made Mitchell’s rush defense end very badly...

I’d say that’s 50% Lino, but the shit service he was getting from dummy half certainly didn’t help in giving him time/space.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It's amazing how tough people are on the Warriors, they have had a decent start to the year, but turn up to work this morning and the comments about the Warriors have drifted back to where they were at the end of last year !!

Benek

Juniors
It's amazing how tough people are on the Warriors, they have had a decent start to the year, but turn up to work this morning and the comments about the Warriors have drifted back to where they were at the end of last year !!
Well to be fair, they played like the end of last year on Saturday.