What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 V Souths

Rabbits20

Immortal
The better side won but EVERTHING went their way today. They must have used up all their luck in one game
Explain how everything went our way please? Ok the AR one was a call our way.

The way I saw it at the game was you guys were consistently back only about 7-8 metres.

McInnes got away with about 5 forward passes. Yeah we got away with 1-2 but not 5.

One of your forwards knocked on attacking in the first half and they let him go back and play the ball. Please.... I had this Tigers guy next to me who was with his Souths mate who I know and was there for his mate and even he called out of frustration at that call.

Also Ah Mau' shot on Sam was slightly high and warranted a penalty. If Sam did that then he'd have been out on report most likely.

You guys are still the benchmark but if you wanna start pinning things on a couple of calls when you guys had a good run of calls considering it was an away game then you guys obviously don't wanna get better next week. Blaming the refs for that is an absolute cop out. We lost to Brisbane in Round 8 and I could've blamed the refs for one to two things but I realised we just did not tackle well enough.

In our game back in Round 5 I thought GI was taken without the ball and then Dufty got away with it and went the field. I thought it should've been a penalty to us. Plus other dodgy calls. It was our home game today and once again a mixture of calls. This is the first time I have mentioned it on the whole of LU though in regards to Round 5. Like I didn't cry over it as you guys were just that bit better that night and the better team won. I had to accept that! @ouryears

Dragonslayer

First Grade
As many have already said, McGregor's team selection this week remains a mystery and unfathomable, particularly against a pack like the Bunnies and a player who hadn't trained all week.

I'm not saying Lomax didn't deserve to be selected in the team, however, this was not the game. Sele, Lawrie or even dare I say Allgood should have been in the 17. To carry LAM as our only recognized forward is laughable really.

Watching the presser also disappointing. It was like McGregor had already conceded defeat before the team selections. Some players didn't train all week and JDB didn't train at all. Doesn't that say something!

IMO it wouldn't have made any difference to delay Lomax to next week against the Raiders. It would have been an interesting match up with 2 young guns Lomax V Cotric. But alas, I feel this won't happen now.

Interesting side note: the 2 games we have lost this year we have not worn the traditional white with the red V.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

The way I saw it at the game was you guys were consistently back only about 7-8 metres.

McInnes got away with about 5 forward passes. Yeah we got away with 1-2 but not 5.

One of your forwards knocked on attacking in the first half and they let him go back and play the ball. Please.... I had this Tigers guy next to me who was with his Souths mate who I know and was there for his mate and even he called out of frustration at that call.

Also Ah Mau' shot on Sam was slightly high and warranted a penalty. If Sam did that then he'd have been out on report most likely.

You guys are still the benchmark but if you wanna start pinning things on a couple of calls when you guys had a good run of calls considering it was an away game then you guys obviously don't wanna get better next week. Blaming the refs for that is an absolute cop out. We lost to Brisbane in Round 8 and I could've blamed the refs for one to two things but I realised we just did not tackle well enough.

In our game back in Round 5 I thought GI was taken without the ball and then Dufty got away with it and went the field. I thought it should've been a penalty to us. Plus other dodgy calls. It was our home game today and once again a mixture of calls. This is the first time I have mentioned it on the whole of LU though in regards to Round 5. Like I didn't cry over it as you guys were just that bit better that night and the better team won. I had to accept that! @ouryears

The second paragraph....sshh...no one on the forum wants to admit that McInnes gets away with a hell of a lot of forward passes.

You'll only upset 'the natives'.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
As many have already said, McGregor's team selection this week remains a mystery and unfathomable, particularly against a pack like the Bunnies and a player who hadn't trained all week.

I'm not saying Lomax didn't deserve to be selected in the team, however, this was not the game. Sele, Lawrie or even dare I say Allgood should have been in the 17. To carry LAM as our only recognized forward is laughable really.

Watching the presser also disappointing. It was like McGregor had already conceded defeat before the team selections. Some players didn't train all week and JDB didn't train at all. Doesn't that say something!

IMO it wouldn't have made any difference to delay Lomax to next week against the Raiders. It would have been an interesting match up with 2 young guns Lomax V Cotric. But alas, I feel this won't happen now.

Interesting side note: the 2 games we have lost this year we have not worn the traditional white with the red V.

Again, I don't understand the "mystery" as McGregor has conclusively proven he cannot utilise the bench properly, let alone chose appropriate players.

On current form from what I've seen in the ISP, Sele should be the fourth pick after Au Mau, Latimore and Mann.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The second paragraph....sshh...no one on the forum wants to admit that McInnes gets away with a hell of a lot of forward passes.

You'll only upset 'the natives'.
I'll take the hint mate and get out cheers. All the best next week.

Just call it as I see it mate.

SET2JT

Juniors

You guys deserved your win buddy.
Only gripe i had with the refs today was when u guys were 10 nill up and we had all the ball on your line, we got 5 penalties and you guys didn't even get a warning. Have they changed the sin bin rule in a week?

You guys deserved your win buddy.
Only gripe i had with the refs today was when u guys were 10 nill up and we had all the ball on your line, we got 5 penalties and you guys didn't even get a warning. Have they changed the sin bin rule in a week?
Only?
How about Nighty getting up to play the ball and a Souths players arm knocks the ball out of his hands and it’s not a penalty?

Not that we played well enough to win mind you

ouryears

Bench
The main thing like after the Warriors loss, we MUST bounce back and win this week.

3 forwards on the bench and do not play any injured players!

How a coach can think an injured player will be better for the team than giving one of the ISP guys a go is unfathomable to me.

Let alone the risk of further injuring the player playing with the injury.

# Bounce back.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Yep, you got it mate.
You guys will score so many tries it’s scary.
We’re all shit scared.
“Glory, glory to Souff Fidney, glory, glory to fouth fydney....”
To be fair, it wasn’t as many tries as I thought we’d score but you know.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
The main thing like after the Warriors loss, we MUST bounce back and win this week.

3 forwards on the bench and do not play any injured players!

How a coach can think an injured player will be better for the team than giving one of the ISP guys a go is unfathomable to me.

Let alone the risk of further injuring the player playing with the injury.

# Bounce back.
You guys will bounce back, you came up against us at a time when we simply fired on a cylinders while you guys didn’t.

Forget all the cries about refs and forward passes etc, if both teams played out that game at the top of there powers the attrition would be massive.

Those sort of games ya want to leave for the finals... if either of us are there?

Alec's-saints

Juniors
You guys will bounce back, you came up against us at a time when we simply fired on a cylinders while you guys didn’t.

Forget all the cries about refs and forward passes etc, if both teams played out that game at the top of there powers the attrition would be massive.

Those sort of games ya want to leave for the finals... if either of us are there?
indigenous round you had to win this game you didn't wanna let down your mob.

Old Timer

Coach
To be fair, it wasn’t as many tries as I thought we’d score but you know.
Just a shame about your first try as it was only a metre forward but that's ok evidently only a minor issue 5 minutes in and the ref's got plenty wrong both ways after that shocker.
You guys were the better team and it is just unfortunate that howlers from the refs still happen despite the bunker, pocket refs and lines people who all hamper the result.

giboz71

First Grade
Rabbits are a good side. We were lucky to win the first game to be honest and they are one of the few teams that can out muscle our forwards.

It was a pretty fair performance by them, much like the Warriors when they beat us.

We were off our game but in a month where we have played Warriors, Roosters, Storm and Rabbits who are all potentially top 4 sides, there was always going to be a let down.

I don’t mind losing to good sides when they play well, the test will be next week when we come up against a side we should beat easily.

These were the type of games we lost last year.

rednwhites

Juniors
I agree OT..only just watched the replay at 9.30pm as I was out all day....it was a good metre forward and said the same to my wife you notice these commentators dont sat a word....

The commentators are still too busy going on about Nene's put down against the Roosters and poor Addo Carr's no try to mention the Bunnies blatant forward pass try.

At least they can't go on about the fact we have no injuries now.

They are so predictable.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Dragonslayer.
They new there was a risk with player how were half fit and sould not of played.
As you say perfect opportunity to have played lawrie and have a extra forward.
Also if you are only going to give lomax 5 min in a game like that.
He would be better off having play isp.
South's were good we were terrible.
I hope if there is injuries like last week they rest the players and give lawrie a run.
Also pat herbert is better option of the bench as he can play anywhere in the back line.
Mary use your bench.
You don't have to be a genius to you to correctly.
End of rant we will bounce back

Last edited:

MilanDragon

Juniors
Dragonslayer.
They new there was a ridk with player how were half fit and sould not of played.
As you say perfect opportunity to have played lawrie and have a extra forward.
Also if you are only going to give lomax 5 min in a game like that.
He would be better off having play isp.
South's were good we were terrible.
I hope if there is injuries like last week they rest the players and give lawrie a run.
Also pat herbert is better option of the bench as he can play anywhere in the back line.
Mary use your bench.
You don't have to be a genius to you to correctly.
End of rant we will bounce back

Frustrating for sure as a week rest could have saved longer term injuries.

Now ultimately Mcgregor is the one making the decision of who plays or not.

But surely the medical team is talking to him and providing advice?

Latest posts