What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 V Souths

ouryears

Bench
He went missing big time without Hunt running the plays.
Very disappointed with that, reminded me of last year.

There was a period on Souths line where Hunt/ Widdop didn’t go anywhere the ball till the last tackle, they are supposed to be play makers.
Yep, Mr Widdop back to his bad old 2016 - 2017 years.
He better not stay there!

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Frustrating for sure as a week rest could have saved longer term injuries.

Now ultimately Mcgregor is the one making the decision of who plays or not.

But surely the medical team is talking to him and providing advice?

The medical team (As it hpu) do advise him but in the end he has the final say.

slippery5

Juniors
A very good observation right there
JDB went back to his old fairy ways of prancing around like he had a carrot up his backside and pretending to be a ball player
He was like that 2 years ago and then suddenly last year the penny dropped “just run hard Jack” and he excelled but yesterday he was like JDB of old
Graham also became a ball hog like he was at the Dogs and making his usual 6 metres and getting a slow play the ball
The forwards did run the game much more than previous games and we looked the poorer for it
Don't buy into the fact he has become a ball player again, it's because he couldn't run due to his hip pointer injury & when he did it was at 1/2 pace & stopped at the line.

Dragons 09

Juniors
He should never had played.

I agree. You see it a bit too often (all teams not just us) where players just shouldn't have played. I get it, these guys want to play, it's their life and the opportunity to push for new contracts and representative honours etc. But i think coaches use the players desires as an easy out for themselves..........."hey Jack, the Doc says you should probably sit the weekend out mate..........I'm sweet as Mary, it's just a bruise, no worries..........ok then, you know how your body better than anyone, but don't let me down."

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
We lost fair and square.
We need to suck it up and move on.
We have had our share of refs calls, I can't complain.
On the day, rabbits were a fair bit better.

Yes ouryears that at the end of the day was the case , the team must now show some real grit and move onwards - as all teams do . No point dissecting this carcass any longer as it is surely dead .

TruSaint

Referee
I agree. You see it a bit too often (all teams not just us) where players just shouldn't have played. I get it, these guys want to play, it's their life and the opportunity to push for new contracts and representative honours etc. But i think coaches use the players desires as an easy out for themselves..........."hey Jack, the Doc says you should probably sit the weekend out mate..........I'm sweet as Mary, it's just a bruise, no worries..........ok then, you know how your body is better than anyone, but don't let me down."

It MAY happen that way mate, but in professional sport, it NEVER should.

There is NO player above the badge. The Decision should be made by the coach on the advice of medical professionals. If any player is not deemed fit to play, then replace them. Not only is a derelict of duty, but its also selfish.

A decision based on the players desire could cost us big time ..

dragonhysteria

Juniors
What’s Greg Alexander got against us?
Did a red and white car run over his dog once?
Did a Dragons supporter once plonk his Mrs?

For gods sake, when Nightingale got the ball knocked out of his hands, a clear penalty, all Brandy could say was “oh, that’s a lose carry”

Don’t get me started about forward passes, there’s about 10 let go every game, by every team. Half the linesman in the league have their eyes painted on.
To be fair...Flo let the ball go once the Souths players hand touched the ball, it wasn't forced out.

rednwhites

Juniors
We lost fair and square.
We need to suck it up and move on.
We have had our share of refs calls, I can't complain.
On the day, rabbits were a fair bit better.

I don't disagree. I have already said that numerous times. But these commentators wanted to harp on about Nene's try that wasn't and the no try after the penalty, and allude they were matching turning moments rather than credit the Dragons for beating two fancied teams. When the shoe is on the other foot, no mention of the pass. That was my point. I don't care what Brandy Alexander thinks but it's plain as day where the bias lies. I listen to 2GB, they are all Dragons fans.

blacksafake

First Grade
I agree. You see it a bit too often (all teams not just us) where players just shouldn't have played. I get it, these guys want to play, it's their life and the opportunity to push for new contracts and representative honours etc. But i think coaches use the players desires as an easy out for themselves..........."hey Jack, the Doc says you should probably sit the weekend out mate..........I'm sweet as Mary, it's just a bruise, no worries..........ok then, you know how your body is better than anyone, but don't let me down."
He didn’t #%*^%# train all week so there is your answer. Dumb decision by L plate again to play him.And to top it off he picks a rookie outside back on the bench :weary:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Not trying to detract from Souths win, they played better than us and no sour grapes from me but we were well below our best yesterday....weve now been beaten by the Warriors and The Rabbits but imo that wont happen again this year.....for me the premiers will come from Storm, Roosters, Panthers and Dragons

Old Timer

Coach
Not trying to detract from Souths win, they played better than us and no sour grapes from me but we were well below our best yesterday....weve now been beaten by the Warriors and The Rabbits but imo that wont happen again this year.....for me the premiers will come from Storm, Roosters, Panthers and Dragons
I fully expect Souths to make top 4 as they are a very tough and good side, playing stylish football and have an excellent rookie coach who is learning very quickly.
Dragons V Souths GF would be fantastic for RL purists and I for one hope that is what we get.

Old Timer

Coach
He should never had played.
I agree that is the case but he did play and he stood around the ruck like one of the halves and he got a lot of ball and didn't know what to do with it which was simply mindless.
He should have been well behind the ruck backing up and just looking for any offloads that might come his way.
To me it looks like Mc Fookknuckle had a plan and it was all about the forwards and it came well and truly unstuck.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I fully expect Souths to make top 4 as they are a very tough and good side, playing stylish football and have an excellent rookie coach who is learning very quickly.
Dragons V Souths GF would be fantastic for RL purists and I for one hope that is what we get.
Yeah OT I could live with that......think I mentioned to you last week young Anthony Siebold is a mate of my sons, fantastic young man with a very astute footy brain and would have done his homework on us, just hope Mary has done the same...well the rest is history isnt it

Old Timer

Coach
Yeah OT I could live with that......think I mentioned to you last week young Anthony Siebold is a mate of my sons, fantastic young man with a very astute footy brain and would have done his homework on us, just hope Mary has done the same...well the rest is history isnt it
I listened to pre game interviews and AS was very impressive, articulate and focussed the other bloke talked mumbo jumbo and looked like a rabbit in the headlights (excuse the pun)

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I agree that is the case but he did play and he stood around the ruck like one of the halves and he got a lot of ball and didn't know what to do with it which was simply mindless.
He should have been well behind the ruck backing up and just looking for any offloads that might come his way.
To me it looks like Mc Fookknuckle had a plan and it was all about the forwards and it came well and truly unstuck.
As you say if it was all about the forwards why on earth would you go into the game with a rookie winger on the bench..... he defies belief sometimes

ouryears

Bench
I don't disagree. I have already said that numerous times. But these commentators wanted to harp on about Nene's try that wasn't and the no try after the penalty, and allude they were matching turning moments rather than credit the Dragons for beating two fancied teams. When the shoe is on the other foot, no mention of the pass. That was my point. I don't care what Brandy Alexander thinks but it's plain as day where the bias lies. I listen to 2GB, they are all Dragons fans.
I understand mate, and yes, 2GB with Piggy Riddelll, David Morrow and others all love the mighty Saints!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Shhhhh what Blood Shot said....... we wanna fly under the radar.

Yeah we are no chance at all....

Latest posts