What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moyza V Jimmy debate. Put to bed.

Really? hes on half of Holmes wage & yet cops 5 times the abuse?
Club should hire you to spread sheet up allowed abuse levels based on salary.

txta2

Bench
He was honestly hopeless in some sections. He either doesn't want to tackle or can't. Don't think I have ever seen a player down on confidence as much as him

Card Shark

Immortal
He was honestly hopeless in some sections. He either doesn't want to tackle or can't. Don't think I have ever seen a player down on confidence as much as him

The players did a walk around the outskirts of the field on Sunday, starting beside the away supporters bay.

As he walked past, I just couldn’t say anything to him, I was in shock at the errors he made.

In hindsight, I wish I gave him a hug & told him to stop thinking about it & play footy for fun.

He’s obviously talented but is mentally weak...better suited to the Raiders ;)

Card Shark

Immortal
Agree mate.

I was against his signing because I reckon he screwed his last club over.

He hasn’t done much to change my opinion of him.

Anyway, it’s a long season & hopefully come finals time, he is peaking.

He basically went on to Maloney wage for the next 2 years at which point , he will be upgraded if form warrants. And Maloneys wage was an increase on what Moylan was getting at Panthers. The entire kerfuffle with Moylan at the panthers last year was between Gould & Moyza after he came back from Origin & Maloney told him what he was getting paid. When he went back to the club Gould asked him what he picked up in camp to which he replie " I found out i'm not being paid enough"

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Moylan will be as good as Maloney in about 3 years time.

Cronulla signed him for the future.

Penrith signed Jimmy for the now.

It’s a win - win situation.

You guys just need to let Moylan figure out how to be an NRL half. He will and then he will dominate.

Hopefully his social life doesn’t get in the way and he hardens up a bit.

ragzouken

Juniors
Been playing like shit but you can see why he was singed, his f**k ups are more memorable then others because if it comes off it’s a half opportunity for points or line breaks

The one thing I sure miss about jimmy is the short kicking game Moyza puts his short kicks in the air to long and they tend to end up a tad too deep other then that I think it’s been a fair swap especially when dollars come into it

I’m positive in a few years time it will be put to bed.

Moylan will be as good as Maloney in about 3 years time.

Cronulla signed him for the future.

Penrith signed Jimmy for the now.

It’s a win - win situation.

You guys just need to let Moylan figure out how to be an NRL half. He will and then he will dominate.

Hopefully his social life doesn’t get in the way and he hardens up a bit.
buying him for the future?
2 things.
we had the best backline in the comp.
could have been ours for years to come.
the forwards needed succession planning not the backline.
marquee money to figure out how to play your position?
clubs are throwing way too much money at players that arent worth it.
players of yesteryear must be shaking their heads and rolling in their graves collectively.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
2 things.
players of yesteryear must be shaking their heads and rolling in their graves collectively.

You “Had” a very good backline, not sure it was the best, but certainly up there.

You lost Barba, Bird and it was pretty obvious that Maloney wasn’t interested in staying. You had to get someone.

It won’t take long for Moylan to find his feet, it will take a bit longer for him to reach “elite” (for want of a better term) type half.

You’ll have consistent success with him as your 6 before to long.

2 things.
Jimmy was never staying . hated by the coach & some players.

Latest posts