What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury Updates

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Just to let you know how JDB and Hunts injuries are going.
Hunt is back today training( even if its no contact) .
He is progressing and should be ok.
JDB still has not trained that is now 2 weeks.
So he is 50/50 in my option.
HPU update will be tomorrow so will know more in next 24 to 48 hrs.
Luch is doing well. He sould get cleared tomorrow and will play isp.
Go dragons

Frank Facer

First Grade
Go dragons
I obviously don't know the details of DeBelin's injury, but I would prefer we rest him for at least one week. I also understand that DeBelin would want to push his claims for a NSW jersey, but if he plays bad, then that could hinder his chances for the rest of the season. He should not have played last week. If we did rest him for 2 weeks and he didn't get picked for NSW, then he would get 3 weeks to fully recover from his injury.

Hunt had a corked thigh, they usually heel within a week and 2 at the most.

ouryears

Bench
Go dragons
Hey DA61, Wouldn't it be better if we gave JBDB a week off regardless?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I obviously don't know the details of DeBelin's injury, but I would prefer we rest him for at least one week. I also understand that DeBelin would want to push his claims for a NSW jersey, but if he plays bad, then that could hinder his chances for the rest of the season. He should not have played last week. If we did rest him for 2 weeks and he didn't get picked for NSW, then he would get 3 weeks to fully recover from his injury.

Hunt had a corked thigh, they usually heel within a week and 2 at the most.

Frank you are right re hunt injury.
As long as you can stop the internal bleeding quickly then recovery is quick.
I would say he will play.
JDB has a hip flexor injury and there are very tricky .
It can take a long time to heal.
Hayne has one as well and it has put him out for a long time.

Crush

Coach
I'll trust that the professional medical staff and high performance guys know what they are doing and will let JDB play if he is able or not let him play if he isn't right.
I think its funny how people with absolutely no idea what is actually happening behind closed doors make statements like he should be rested.

Frank Facer

First Grade
In that case, I would prefer we ear on the side of caution and rest DeBelin until round 14, that would give him 3 weeks to get himself right and we would only miss him for 2 games, but as I previously said, DeBelin wants to play origin, but he must be fully fit to push his cause. We have been hit hard with injuries mid season last year and either or both 16 and 15. We should have learnt our lesson, regarding playing players who weren't fully fit and hence not letting them fully recover. Mary has already conceded that he probably should not have played DeBelin last week, so hopefully he does rest him this week and possibly next week too.

Old Timer

Coach
I'll trust that the professional medical staff and high performance guys know what they are doing and will let JDB play if he is able or not let him play if he isn't right.
I think its funny how people with absolutely no idea what is actually happening behind closed doors make statements like he should be rested.
If he gets selected this week and again fails to see the match what would you say then?
"You know who" IMO has a predetermined disposition to making bad judgement calls when players are injured as he seems to have a fear of playing others outside his "inner circle" for an entire game.
The fiasco at the end of last season with Frizzell is a very good example.

Old Timer

Coach
Samy
Some gossip around JDB might have a sternum injury as well?
Any news on young Host?

ouryears

Bench
Crush, JDB has a hip flexor injury, did you read Dragonssamy's report above?

For the club to allow him to play with this type of injury is selfish, narrow minded and idiotic.

Trusting the doctors and coaching staff over people who are saying let's rest the guy untill he heals is naive.

History is full of employers forcing their employees to work when they should be off!
The pressure to play on spite of being injured is a real curse Crush.

Forcing players to play on in spite of being knocked out, and playing on with concussion was rampant until the league realised they could be sued for millions $$$ later down the track.

Last week JDB was tame, easily contained and played like he was busted!

From first hand knowledge I wouldn't trust doctors... and I would not trust high performance staff either.

They have their own agendas to drive, not the best intetests of players necessarily.

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
Crush, JDB has a hip flexor injury, did you read Dragonssamy's report above?

For the club to allow him to play with this type of injury is selfish, narrow minded and idiotic.

Trusting the doctors and coaching staff over people who are saying let's rest the guy untill he heals is naive.

History is full of employers forcing their employees to work when they should be off!
The pressure to play on spite of being injured is a real curse Crush.

Forcing players to play on in spite of being knocked out, and playing on with concussion was rampant until the league realised they could be sued for millions $$$ later down the track.

Last week JDB was tame, easily contained and played like he was busted!

From first hand knowledge I wouldn't trust doctors... and I would not trust high performance staff either.

They have their own agendas to drive, not the best intetests of players necessarily.
I wouldn't be surprised if DeBelin wanted to play and said that he was right to play. I think, that if he would have said to the coaching staff that he wasn't right, then they wouldn't have played him. DeBelin wants to push his case for origin selection.

BennyV

Referee
Yes, the same professional medical staff and high performance guys that put him on the paddock last week after not training, where he was a complete passenger for 15 minutes before being unable to go on?

It's nice to think that those at our club are right all the time in carrying out the roles for which they are employed, but they got that one very wrong and should be keeping that in mind when considering whether to clear him to play this week. We have a very good backup in Sele, if the week off is even remotely required.

ouryears

Bench
I wouldn't be surprised if DeBelin wanted to play and said that he was right to play. I think, that if he would have said to the coaching staff that he wasn't right, then they wouldn't have played him. DeBelin wants to push his case for origin selection.
Agree what you say Frank.
But we cannot let the Indians run the fort.

Allowing injured players to perform at 50% is ridiculous and it is belittling to players who could step up.

ouryears

Bench
Yes, the same professional medical staff and high performance guys that put him on the paddock last week after not training, where he was a complete passenger for 15 minutes before being unable to go on?

It's nice to think that those at our club are right all the time in carrying out the roles for which they are employed, but they got that one very wrong and should be keeping that in mind when considering whether to clear him to play this week. We have a very good backup in Sele, if the week off is even remotely required.
Everything you say is so true.
And to reference a team with a heap of injuries who have promoted a stack of players......How amazing are the Panthers, something like 10 players out , yet they are in 2nd position.

Quite amazing. Their depth must be awesome.

Old Timer

Coach
Everything you say is so true.
And to reference a team with a heap of injuries who have promoted a stack of players......How amazing are the Panthers, something like 10 players out , yet they are in 2nd position.

Quite amazing. Their depth must be awesome.
Their depth is fantastic because their coach trusts it and uses it to his and the teams advantage
Our depth is unknown and “you know who” uses it to the teams disadvantage by not bothering to find out and then trust it.