What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 V the Tigers

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Gus for MOTM. World class announcement before the game and got the atmosphere turned up to 11. Mansour screaming "Go Panthers" really sums up how much he loves the club.

Brilliant performance. We were unlucky in a few instances(foot just being out, ball dropped at the last moment and etc). Any other day and we win that by 30. Especially if players like Blake and Mansour had the ball in positions like that. Dallin was immense at fullback. Absolutely outstanding.

And we've still got so much improvement left. I'm so fking excited for the rest of the year.

age.s

First Grade
Really impressive performance. Deserved to win by more but credit to the Tigers, they hung in there as we threw a ton at them, though we helped by bombing a few. We put 40+ on most teams tonight and reckon we beat anyone in the comp. Defense was outstanding. They never really looked like scoring, even late in the game when they were desperate and we could easily have slacked off.

DWZ was outstanding. Real coming of age night for him at fullback. He keeps that up he'll be really hard to move when Edwards gets back. I reckon Katoa wasn't far behind him though with tons of energy and speed. Wallace is the better defender but you can clearly see the kind of havoc Katoa offers defenders. I think at worst he needs the lions share of the hooking minutes going forward, with Wal taking a back seat. Cleary and Maloney look like they'd been playing together for years. I was critical of him only hours ago but I reckon Tamou had a really good game, possibly even the pick of the forwards.

All this and we have several of our top 17 out! f**k yes.

Refs were utter dross for both sides. About the clearest example of a "managed" game you'll ever see. Didn't think the discipline from either team was that bad and yet 9-2 penalty counts and a sin bin in both halves? Nonsense.

Drooling over next week. When was the last time Penrith Stadium hosted a top of the table clash?

Really impressive performance. Deserved to win by more but credit to the Tigers, they hung in there as we threw a ton at them, though we helped by bombing a few. We put 40+ on most teams tonight and reckon we beat anyone in the comp. Defense was outstanding. They never really looked like scoring, even late in the game when they were desperate and we could easily have slacked off.

DWZ was outstanding. Real coming of age night for him at fullback. He keeps that up he'll be really hard to move when Edwards gets back. I reckon Katoa wasn't far behind him though with tons of energy and speed. Wallace is the better defender but you can clearly see the kind of havoc Katoa offers defenders. I think at worst he needs the lions share of the hooking minutes going forward, with Wal taking a back seat. Cleary and Maloney look like they'd been playing together for years. I was critical of him only hours ago but I reckon Tamou had a really good game, possibly even the pick of the forwards.

All this and we have several of our top 17 out! f**k yes.

Refs were utter dross for both sides. About the clearest example of a "managed" game you'll ever see. Didn't think the discipline from either team was that bad and yet 9-2 penalty counts and a sin bin in both halves? Nonsense.

Drooling over next week. When was the last time Penrith Stadium hosted a top of the table clash?
I'm a DWZ fan but Edwards has the defensive positioning we haven't seen at this club. Will be interesting

franklin2323

Immortal
Our attack was good. 3 no try's made it closer but give Cleary and Maloney more time and the attack will come. Great to see everyone in their proper positions

mxlegend99

Referee
Ball skills gets Edwards over the line. A few times tonight the winger was in but DWZ checked himself
They werr in theoretically.

Both bombed tries. Crichton bombed a sitter. Phillips was harder but still very manageable. Hard to blame inside guys for butchering a try when the outside guys aren't reliable rnough to guarantee they would have scored.

But hey 60% of our backlines injured. 2 reserve graders on the wing.the polish is going to be off.

age.s

First Grade
They werr in theoretically.

Both bombed tries. Crichton bombed a sitter. Phillips was harder but still very manageable. Hard to blame inside guys for butchering a try when the outside guys aren't reliable rnough to guarantee they would have scored.

I thought Phillips did really well to get to the line, but once he was there he really should have finished it.

No excuses for Chrichton though, that was a shocker.

The Teach

Juniors
I'v gotta say I'm so samn proud of our club right now. To be sitting equal top with the injuries we've had already this season is down to the amazing culture we seem to be developing. Leaders like Mez and Wal have really helped the young kids we've debuted the past season and a half, and unsung heroes like Isaah and JFH have been important cogs in our side. I hope I'm not jinxing them, but this team reminds me so much of the 2003 side with the good mix of local juniors and key imports from other clubs. It's certainly a good time to be a supporter of our mighty club.

franklin2323

Immortal
Agree mostly but lets see what Dallin can do with more than half a season to go

As has been the case for the last couple of years give us a settled team for a month before we can fully judge. No injuries tonight 9 days til the game. Can add slick to that.

The lead up to Crichton's bomb was so so good

age.s

First Grade
God damn Penrith were really impressive v my mob tonight, I gotta say that was the most frustrating match I’ve had to watch this year but that’s credited to your teams suffocating defense.

Cleary + Maloney as NSW halves or Fitler is on meth

Congrats guys and enjoy it

Thanks mate. You guys defend like that and you'll make the 8 at worst. Hope so too. Got not hate for our westie cat bros.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
As has been the case for the last couple of years give us a settled team for a month before we can fully judge. No injuries tonight 9 days til the game. Can add slick to that.

The lead up to Crichton's bomb was so so good

Nothing but respect for the Tigers, Very Tough Team.

Latest posts