What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wooden Spoon count down

Bandwagon

Staff member
If the top 5-6 teams are well ahead of the rest, is it inconceivable that 24 could be enough? I havn't done the math and probably wont but I do wonder.

The problem for us there is who in the eight's gonna fall into a big enough hole to make room for us?

We've got Storm, Rabbits, Roosters, Tigers, Sharks all on twelve points, meaning they each only need to win 5 out of 14 games to reach 24 points, so we'd be banking on one of them going for 5-9 ( win / loss ) and then lose enough PD for us to overtake them, or one of them going 4-10.

That's without considering the Donkeys, Knights or Raiders improving enough to go 50/50 win loss or thereabouts.

26 or better is where it's at. Which ignores PD, but if we manage to get to 26 points, that's an 10-4 result and PD will likely look after it's self.

I think we can do it, I'm damn sure we won't though.

TheParraboy

Staff member
2 from 11

as at 21/5/18

11 more wins needed minimum, from 13 matches
Gets us to 28 points

Broncos next week

Mathematically we can do it
but mentally and physically we are shot for the year

We still need to play Souths twice
Dragons twice
Storm in Melbourne
Brisbane in Brisbane
Cowboys in Townsville
Roosters n the last Round

Avenger

Immortal
2 from 11

as at 21/5/18

11 more wins needed minimum, from 13 matches
Gets us to 28 points

Broncos next week

Mathematically we can do it
but mentally and physically we are shot for the year

Dragons twice
Storm in Melbourne
Brisbane in Brisbane
Cowboys in Townsville
I can’t see us winning any of those games.

Avenger

Immortal
Without looking at the draw, There are plenty of good sides we are yet to play. We should jag a few more (hopefully) but it's not looking good. We'll be lucky to avoid the spoon. Sad times.
Dude did you used to have another name previously and opened up a new account?

I’m starting to like your posts as much as Noise and a few others. This is rare. I cant cop most people on here.

Dude did you used to have another name previously and opened up a new account?

I’m starting to like your posts as much as Noise and a few others. This is rare. I cant cop most people on here.
I did in the early 2000's. I can't quite remember and I did have a name change too. I think they were M'eels on Wheels and something else. No one spoke to me. It was a tough group to crack.

TheParraboy

Staff member
2 from 12

as at 28/5/18

11 more wins needed minimum, from 12 matches.

Gets us to 28 points (or 26 with 10 more wins)

Newcastle in Newcastle next week

Mathematically we can do it but SEASON IS OVER if it wasn’t couple of weeks back. Now all we can be is a nuisance side.

Dragons twice
Storm in Melbourne
Cowboys in Townsville

TheParraboy

Staff member
Correct Loser

Whilst we are a chance this thread is alive

We need to go on a 2009 run again

We need Hayne to kill them

We need Mannah and Brown back

The oxygen tank is almost empty

Still breathing

We wouldn't be in this mess if Gary hadn't resigned. There, I said it.
He might not have been the threadstarter we wanted, but he sure as shit was the threadstarter we NEEDED. I don't know about you but I'm becoming slightly remorseful about the ribbing he copped. I know to us it was just good fun but he obviously didn't see it that way.

He might not have been the threadstarter we wanted, but he sure as shit was the threadstarter we NEEDED. I don't know about you but I'm becoming slightly remorseful about the ribbing he copped. I know to us it was just good fun but he obviously didn't see it that way.
That's right, you don't know what you've got til it's gone. I would welcome him back with open arms and the promise of well wishes but those fans seem pretty angry.

Latest posts