What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

JJ

Immortal
Ewww definitely not.

Regular season he's fine but he crumbles in the big games.
You won a premiership with him... Cronk's crumbling without Cam

Surround him with Smith, Slater, etc etc and see how he'd have gone - Cronk's had an arm chair ride IMO, overrated, not in the class of Sterling, Mortimer, Stuart, Langer, Thurston etc

Tommy Smith

Referee

Surround him with Smith, Slater, etc etc and see how he'd have gone - Cronk's had an arm chair ride IMO, overrated, not in the class of Sterling, Mortimer, Stuart, Langer, Thurston etc
Nah Pearce won a Premiership in the same team as SBW and Maloney.

Similar to how the Sharks won a Premiership with Chad Townsend. Though admittedly Pearce is a class above him.

Tommy Smith

Referee

Funnily enough QLDs only series loss in the past 12 odd years was when Cronk was injured and the other 3 looked average without him as DCE floundered.

footy75

Bench

fair point

Tommy Smith

Referee

Because Sterling, Stuart and Langer were surrounded by average teams right? :D

All 3 basically played with Dream Teams. It doesn't diminish their greatness. So why should it diminish Cronk's?

You must see the double standard... calling out Cronk for playing his career with Slater and Smith and then in the next sentence saying he's not in the same class as Langer Sterling and Stuart - 3 great halfbacks who played in the 3 most stacked teams of the last 40 years.

JJ

Immortal
Because Sterling, Stuart and Langer were surrounded by average teams right? :D

All 3 basically played with Dream Teams. It doesn't diminish their greatness. So why should it diminish Cronk's?

You must see the double standard... calling out Cronk for playing his career with Slater and Smith and then in the next sentence saying he's not in the same class as Langer Sterling and Stuart - 3 great halfbacks who played in the 3 most stacked teams of the last 40 years.
Sterling had some shit Eels teams later and was masterful, even with a f**ked shoulder and bung knees. Canberra fell apart without Stuart

Cronk is not in the same league.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Sterling had some shit Eels teams later and was masterful, even with a f**ked shoulder and bung knees. Canberra fell apart without Stuart

Cronk is not in the same league.
Lol the Eels didn't make the finals after 1986.

Just to prove my point that you can be as "masterful" as you like but you won't go far without a great team around you.

JJ

Immortal
Lol the Eels didn't make the finals after 1986.
No but Sterling was still great, and making the finals actually meant the team was really good back then

Those Eels team were far worse than anything Cronk has ever played with

Tommy Smith

Referee
No but Sterling was still great, and making the finals actually meant the team was really good back then

Those Eels team were far worse than anything Cronk has ever played with
Ftr I actually agree that Cronk isn't in the class of the aforementioned 3. He doesn't have their natural genius.

Cronk is more a manufactured halfback; which in itself is testament to his greatness because he's willed himself to an amazing career via an unrivalled work ethic.

But back on topic, I still think we need to wait until season's end before judging Cronk harshly. He might yet lead us to a GF.

Now if you'd excuse me, whilst I'd love to continue this debate, I have a Royal Wedding to prepare for. Gotta get those cakes and scones ready.

Screenshot_20180519-152425.jpg

adamkungl

Immortal
Nah Pearce won a Premiership in the same team as SBW and Maloney.

Similar to how the Sharks won a Premiership with Chad Townsend. Though admittedly Pearce is a class above him.

Pearce would be outperforming Cronk if he stayed and we'd be higher on the ladder.

Cronk is past it. Delivering bugger all.

_snafu_

Immortal
Ftr I actually agree that Cronk isn't in the class of the aforementioned 3. He doesn't have their natural genius.

Cronk is more a manufactured halfback; which in itself is testament to his greatness because he's willed himself to an amazing career via an unrivalled work ethic.

But back on topic, I still think we need to wait until season's end before judging Cronk harshly. He might yet lead us to a GF.

Now if you'd excuse me, whilst I'd love to continue this debate, I have a Royal Wedding to prepare for. Gotta get those cakes and scones ready.

View attachment 20141

So, Josh McCrone married Meghan?

Cockosh

Juniors
Pearce would be outperforming Cronk if he stayed and we'd be higher on the ladder.

Cronk is past it. Delivering bugger all.
After 12 games last year we had 4 losses. We finished 2nd. If we beat titans we are only 1 game worse. In 2015 we had 5 losses after 11 games. In 2014 5 losses from 11 as well. Right now we are really on par with previous seasons (2016 excluded). Disappointing season so far based on expectation but too early to tell. In those previous seasons we didn’t have the issue of so many new players in key poisitions needing to jel. I’m still optimistic for this season.

adamkungl

Immortal
After 12 games last year we had 4 losses. We finished 2nd. If we beat titans we are only 1 game worse. In 2015 we had 5 losses after 11 games. In 2014 5 losses from 11 as well. Right now we are really on par with previous seasons (2016 excluded). Disappointing season so far based on expectation but too early to tell. In those previous seasons we didn’t have the issue of so many new players in key poisitions needing to jel. I’m still optimistic for this season.

I thought we were poor last year and that we finished 2nd is a reflection of how bad a comp it was.
The same issues with discipline, playing the full 80, dumb footy persist - not Cronk's fault but the change of halfback was supposed to fix this.
What is more on Cronk's shoulders is his fairly quiet performances in all but a couple of our games.

Anyway.. more than happy to eat my words. Would love to be proven wrong in September

Latest posts