What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd11 2018: Non Parra games

Gronk

Staff member
Who actually sent the 2 Manly players back on?

This guy.

giphy.gif

Barrett is right, the NRL control it. Merkin.

His team have just beaten storm and Broncos, thats much more than your madge clone coach could manage.
Are you a Manly fan? If so, please f**k off and stop polluting this magnificent forum with your insipid views. If not, carry on.

Gronk

Staff member
Dan Ginnane reckoned one, maybe two weeks. And that being sent off helps. I suspect 2-3 weeks, just cos.

Still confuses me why an injury plays a part in the suspension.

Some were saying last night that if the Manly merkin has a factured eye socket that Scott would get more. If true, you could strike both a glass face Walker and concrete head Nate Myles with the same intent and force and end up with different suspensions?

Still confuses me why an injury plays a part in the suspension.

Some were saying last night that if the Manly merkin has a factured eye socket that Scott would get more. If true, you could strike both a glass face Walker and concrete head Nate Myles with the same intent and force and end up with different suspensions?
Yes, I think it probably shouldn't come into it. I dunno if it does but the media usually believe so. I'd imagine the extent of injuries wouldn't always be known anyway.
OTOH you could say that by committing a foul you've rolled the dice and so injuries you caused can be taken into account. If you shoot someone and kill them you can be charged with murder. If they survive you can't, but it's the same action.

strider

Post Whore
The problem these days is that no merkin expects to get thumped, so they dont defend themselves and cover for a punch ... you could see walker never raised his hands after the first glancing punch, dont think he expected the follow up, so got whacked

Tbh walker is a f**kstick so probably not the end of the world if someone lands one on him

Imagine if onemof our merkins thumped someone and got sent of .... oh the cries of ill discipline and loss of the dressing room that would follow

Gronk

Staff member
Yes, I think it probably shouldn't come into it. I dunno if it does but the media usually believe so. I'd imagine the extent of injuries wouldn't always be known anyway.
OTOH you could say that by committing a foul you've rolled the dice and so injuries you caused can be taken into account. If you shoot someone and kill them you can be charged with murder. If they survive you can't, but it's the same action.

You make a good point with the parallel to the justice system.

Bazal

Post Whore
The problem these days is that no merkin expects to get thumped, so they dont defend themselves and cover for a punch ... you could see walker never raised his hands after the first glancing punch, dont think he expected the follow up, so got whacked

Tbh walker is a f**kstick so probably not the end of the world if someone lands one on him

Imagine if onemof our merkins thumped someone and got sent of .... oh the cries of ill discipline and loss of the dressing room that would follow

Unless it was Matai who got snotted

Still waiting for the statue of Allgood at Parra Stadium for services to rugby league

84 Baby

Referee
It really depends on offence. Scott’s punch is probably marginally worse than McLean on MacKinnon, because at least tackling is a part of game. Punching a bloke is 100% controllable

Latest posts