What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2018

Life's Good

Coach
The almost 1am in Sydney chequered flag is making it hard now.
May give Monaco the flick after a handful of laps.
Great visuals, shit house racing except for a few dopes putting it into the barriers.

Nelson Piquet often said racing around Monte Carlo was like riding your bike in your lounge room. He hated it.

I'm racing it tonight as part of a Simulator racing series (pic below of my office for a few hours tonight).

upload_2018-5-24_14-9-8.png

Munted

Bench
Nelson Piquet often said racing around Monte Carlo was like riding your bike in your lounge room. He hated it.

I'm racing it tonight as part of a Simulator racing series (pic below of my office for a few hours tonight).

View attachment 20265

Wow, where is that? Looks like fun.
I raced a sim at the shangai race, pretty basic set up though but still found it awkward as shit with the seating position, pedals, steering wheel feedback and the rotation of the wheel. Felt like 900 degrees of turn.

Life's Good

Coach
Wow, where is that? Looks like fun.
I raced a sim at the shangai race, pretty basic set up though but still found it awkward as shit with the seating position, pedals, steering wheel feedback and the rotation of the wheel. Felt like 900 degrees of turn.
Darling Harbour. We follow the F1 championship and race a few days prior to each GP. Its pretty full on with there usually being 8 of us racing together(there has been a few times where some racers have dialled in remotely). There's a few gun drivers that leave me for dead. Still, it's all about the challenge of improving your times.

Last edited:

Munted

Bench
Darling Harbour. We follow the F1 championship and race a few days prior to each GP. Its pretty full on with their usually being 8 of us racing together(there has been a few times where some racers have dialled in remotely). There's a few gun drivers that leave me for dead. Still, it's all about the challenge of improving your times.
Damn, thats cool as hell!
Beats the hand controller on Xbox thats for sure.

I'll have to look into it.

Storm13

Juniors
Was hoping of getting a good night sleep tonight.

Still early in the season but those Baku points could be very costly.

Dodgy

Juniors
I wouldn't worry about it tbh. In the 3rd best car, you're not a title contender anyway. It's all about jagging the wins when it's a real opportunity. Ricciardo get his c'ship chance in a top 2 car.

On another note. This potentially could be one of the all time great days of Aus motorsport, if Ricciardo wins tonight, and Will Power stops wasting chances to win an Indy 500 and actually wins it tomorrow morning.

Munted

Bench
I'm absolutely rooted after staying up for that one.
f**k these 11:10 starts on a Sunday!
So stoked for Dan, true redemption after that embarrassment of a pit stop in 2016.
Very little carnage for Monaco I thought, more maturity from Max and Romain also.

Life's Good

Coach
That was a tough race to keep the eyes open. It was a fairly tame affair with the only battle of note being Ricciardo using the overcut to get ahead of Hamilton.
I’m liking the look of Charles Leclerc. He looks a bit special.

Parra

Referee
Loved watching Leclerc in GP2/F2 - clearly a cut above.

This was the most boring race in a long time - I agree with the sentiments that teams are clearly too conservative. Fastest laps in the last laps - no-one wants to go flat out with these stupid component limitation rules and there is no reward for taking risk - this aero reliance has caused problems meaning cars can't race too close - and it is not just downforce and grip - there seems to be serious overheating problems for engines and brakes when they are close together.

Very noticeable when you compare it to current Indycar races.

Latest posts