What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs Sharks @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 12: Knights v Sharks

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noname36

First Grade

Any of the back 5 in todays reserves, Yates, Amey, Saulo.

Why not?

Brown already said King will be back.

So all blokes from a side coming last in an easier competiton where it seems none of them are putting their hands up to be deserving of a FG start either? Cool.

Yeah we’re f**ked.

Spot On

Coach
Just another Knights jnr that looked like he could be developed into a first grader but turns out to be a bush footballer?

Burwood

Bench
Amazingly, he played better when only training part time. Should have let Wayne get him when he was chasing him for Brisbane.

Spot On

Coach
If he's a chance of punching a bloke out for taking Ponga's head off with a high tackle he'll make my year. Cop 3 weeks but really .... have-a-go ya mugs.

FFS rip in.

Noname36

First Grade
He might be one of those players that trains extremely well so coaches give them a lot of chances as payback but it just doesn’t translate on the field.

I have a feeling it was the same reason Sione kept getting chances early in the year despite his mistakes in games.

Burns

First Grade
If with Noname here. Who do you bring up? It’s just not that simple. It’s an awful situation to be in, but there simply isn’t anyone demanding to be bought up.

It’s going to be a rough few weeks.

Spot On

Coach
I don't think there would be too much difference between some of them tbh. Experience yes, ability??? Don't know till they have a go. But the first graders needing the chop are reserve graders elsewhere.

It's going to be a rough last 3 months.

Woosh

Head Moderator
If with Noname here. Who do you bring up? It’s just not that simple. It’s an awful situation to be in, but there simply isn’t anyone demanding to be bought up.

It’s going to be a rough few weeks.

It is that simple really.
As a coach you can’t keep letting the centres make the defensive mistake week after week after week after week after week after week.

It doesn’t matter who you bring up!!!!!
Coaching 101.. you can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over again and expect different results.

Burns

First Grade
Sigh. Newcastle eh?

It’s got to turn eventually, but gee it’s hard at the moment. Mood today at the ground was bad. I seat over in the lower Andrew Johns Stand around the upper middle. People have been members since 1988. There was real vitriol being thrown at the players, and other supporters. Some were leaving early, some were heckling players. The some were arguing that we have to support the team etc.

We got a crowd today that most teams would dream of. I don’t know, will that stop one day? Just so very uncertain on our future.

Noname36

First Grade
I don't think there would be too much difference between some of them tbh. Experience yes, ability??? Don't know till they have a go. But the first graders needing the chop are reserve graders elsewhere.

It's going to be a rough last 3 months.

I think the point is more do they deserve the selection either?

It’s all good and well to say to the blokes in FG don’t deserve their selection and should be dropped but what if the blokes in reserve grade don’t deserve a call up?

At least the ones in FG are struggling in the premier competiton. The others can’t compete at a lower level.

It’s a dangerous precedent when you start giving FG call ups to those not turning up/performing in NSW Cup.

Burns

First Grade
Yeah, if NSW Cup was playing well there would be an argument. They aren’t, and throwing in players who can’t domiante at that level, into first grade against the Eels/Roosters/Storm would be a disaster.

Noname36

First Grade
Sigh. Newcastle eh?

It’s got to turn eventually, but gee it’s hard at the moment. Mood today at the ground was bad. I seat over in the lower Andrew Johns Stand around the upper middle. People have been members since 1988. There was real vitriol being thrown at the players, and other supporters. Some were leaving early, some were heckling players. The some were arguing that we have to support the team etc.

We got a crowd today that most teams would dream of. I don’t know, will that stop one day? Just so very uncertain on our future.

We’re the safest club in the comp in terms of survival. The NRL would let any other club die before the Knights.

Which is kind of sad because we’re going to be in this pain for the rest of our lives and a small part of me has wished we could be out of our misery at certain times over the past few years.

Burns

First Grade
We’re the safest club in the comp in terms of survival. The NRL would let any other club die before the Knights.

Which is kind of sad because we’re going to be in this pain for the rest of our lives and a small part of me has wished we could be out of our misery at certain times over the past few years.
No other club that plays rugby league on this planet could do what we do in terms of support. There are sixty billion reasons why we should be the Manchester United of the NRL. We are the northern team of NSW, we have the nursery and now the financial backing.

One day it will all click, and we’ll be Brisbane like in terms of consistency for the Top 8. Just unsure when that will be.

Waxing the philosophical tonight my fellow Novacastrians.

Spot On

Coach
I think the point is more do they deserve the selection either?

It’s all good and well to say to the blokes in FG don’t deserve their selection and should be dropped but what if the blokes in reserve grade don’t deserve a call up?

At least the ones in FG are struggling in the premier competiton. The others can’t compete at a lower level.

It’s a dangerous precedent when you start giving FG call ups to those not turning up/performing in NSW Cup.

I'd be happy to see what we've got. You don't know how some of them might handle it until they get a shot. Yeah I agree with the sentiment you outline but I really don't care at the moment. Give a few of them a shot.

What's the worst that can happen?? Really?

Get flogged? Again.

We were at home today on a very special occasion, the fans show up in droves and the opposition rest their number one front rower and we get belted. Matt Moylan has played like puss this year and then looked like he was on a touch footy field against us and rips us to shreds.

Nah, screw this. Give some of them a go. We lose again. So what?

At the very least it will create some interest for us. The unknown does that. Otherwise we get the predictable 17 we've had being beaten every week. We all know their weaknesses, they are evident every week and yet nothing seems to improve.

Last edited:

Bartwah

Juniors
They should be made to sit down and watch the sharks press conference. Treated like an absolute joke that they played like today

mozza91

Coach
They should be made to sit down and watch the sharks press conference. Treated like an absolute joke that they played like today
Gallen and Flanagan are massive merkins though. They beat us by 1 point last year at Shark Park and still wouldn’t give us any credit whatsoever.

Loose Cannon

Bench
I'd be happy to see what we've got. You don't know how some of them might handle it until they get a shot. Yeah I agree with the sentiment you outline but I really don't care at the moment. Give a few of them a shot.

What's the worst that can happen?? Really?

Get flogged? Again.

We were at home today on a very special occasion, the fans show up in droves and the opposition rest their number one front rower and we get belted. Matt Moylan has played like puss this year and then looked like he was on a touch footy field against us and rips us to shreds.

Nah, screw this. Give some of them a go. We lose again. So what?

At the very least it will create some interest for us. The unknown does that. Otherwise we get the predictable 17 we've had being beaten every week. We all know their weaknesses, they are evident every week and yet nothing seems to improve.
This.

We are getting our a*** handed to us anyway. Maybe our “best” options will fire up if they realise they have been replaced by what they perceive as irrelavent. Can’t do any worse than the performance today (and last 2 weeks). No depth, sure, but at least the second-raters should try beyond their ability (i assume).

Latest posts