What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Pub Guide

Warriors fans in Sydney have organised a place to watch Warrior games when played in Auckland and everywhere but sydney. Palace Hotel in Haymarket, its also the All Blacks Supporters club in Sydney. Good place

Vic Mackey

Referee
Will be in Phuket for game 3 of origin.

Any suggestions??

Pretty much every city in SE Asia has an Aussie pub, they always make big deals for Origin/Grand Finals etc. Phuket will be one of the easiest to find somewhere showing it, places will start putting signs up in the days leading up saying ‘origin shown here’ and generally have specials i.e 2for1 drinks to try and get you to go there.

I watched an Origin in Siam Riep Vietnam a few years ago. Feels different watching it in the middle of the day but pub was packed and an awesome experience.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
I'll be arriving in Queenstown the day before SOO2, staying at The Dairy, just need somewhere close that will have it on (big screen preferable), thanks in advance.

carcharias

Immortal
Pretty much every city in SE Asia has an Aussie pub, they always make big deals for Origin/Grand Finals etc. Phuket will be one of the easiest to find somewhere showing it, places will start putting signs up in the days leading up saying ‘origin shown here’ and generally have specials i.e 2for1 drinks to try and get you to go there.

I watched an Origin in Siam Riep Vietnam a few years ago. Feels different watching it in the middle of the day but pub was packed and an awesome experience.

Did you get the chance to check out the lovely spot where the boats drop off people?

myrrh ken

First Grade
In King St in Newtown (Syd) your best option is The Marly Bar. All other bars you'll be lucky to get it on a tv screen with no sound.

Projector screen, show all games with sound. Good for Origin and GFs. Singo owned it until recently so maybe that's why. Hopefully they keep it up with the new ownership.

Coopers arms is better

Timbo

Staff member
Coopers arms is better

Kelly’s is usually where I go in Newtown for league, tends to be pretty reliable.

The Erko goes ok as well. Just need to be careful around there as there are a lot of Union and AFL fans.

Zerô

Juniors
I’ve said for years there is a market there that is waiting for someone to own. Sydney needs someone to open a “rugby league pub”. Framed jerseys on the wall. NRL bunting. Half priced beers if you’re in a jersey. FOX NRL on 24/7. Make it THE place to go and watch the footy. Surely a pub like that would do well?

Everyone would sign their pet up as a member and then not turn up

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Sydney CBD
- Aurora (Surry Hills) especially good rooftop bar after the renos

- Helm Bar always show the Friday night footy, especially good for knock off beers into the 6pm game. Plus the tab machine is literally right next to you as you watch

- York 75 good for knock off too at times but gets a bit crowded

- Churchills Bar in Kingsford of anzac parade, great sports bar especially when the chooks plays the bunnies. Only downfall is its a but far out from the CBD so you need to settle in for a long session instead of hopping around to other pubs

- The Erko (Erskineville)

- Rose of Australia (Newtown
)

Outer Sydney
- Gregory Hills Hotel

- West's Leagues Campbeltown

- Narellan Hotel

Anyone know any other good ones near darling Harbour beside?

adamkungl

Immortal
I'll sort through this on the weekend maybe and add to the OP

Bali, Seminyak
Adrenaline Sports Bar. Pros - They had every game I bothered to watch. TVs weren't huge but there were a lot of them. Service is good. Cons - Very average food, typical Bali beer, mostly full of obvious Victorians

adamkungl

Immortal
Here's a doozy for the travellers..

On Grand Final day this year I'm gonna be in Stuttgart, Germany

Any suggestions??

Liddell

Juniors
Bali, Seminyak
Adrenaline Sports Bar. Pros - They had every game I bothered to watch. TVs weren't huge but there were a lot of them. Service is good. Cons - Very average food, typical Bali beer, mostly full of obvious Victorians

Was in Bali the other week for the first time, last minute trip so didn’t have time to research where the footy was.

Stumbled across a little place called star sports bar and watched the second half of Knights/Panthers but commentary was in what sounded like Russian.

Went to watch the Souths/Dragons game at Adrenaline and it was full of Victorians. 90% of screens had afl and the last few had NRL and ufc so we had to sit around the bar. They did have great service though, constantly bringing new beers.

The last night we tried galaxy sports bar in Seminyak and I thought it was better. Had the easts/broncos game loud on the big screen with ch9 commentary. Was outside and inside areas. Same shit food but to be expected.

peter file

Juniors
I've managed to catch a few NRL games on my travels. A few venues that spring to mind :
Bangkok - The Australian Pub & BBQ (Sukhumvit Soi 11)
Chiang Mai - Downunder Pub
Koh Samui - Bondi Aussie Bar & Grill
Ho Chi Minh City - Game On Saigon
Phnom Penh - Score Sports Bar & Grill
Siem Reap - Score Sports Bar & Grill
Vientiane - Billabong Sports Bar & Grill
Luang Prabang - Aussie Sports Bar
Pretty easy to find a pub showing NRL just about anywhere.

carcharias

Immortal
I've managed to catch a few NRL games on my travels. A few venues that spring to mind :
Bangkok - The Australian Pub & BBQ (Sukhumvit Soi 11)
Chiang Mai - Downunder Pub
Koh Samui - Bondi Aussie Bar & Grill
Ho Chi Minh City - Game On Saigon
Phnom Penh - Score Sports Bar & Grill
Siem Reap - Score Sports Bar & Grill
Vientiane - Billabong Sports Bar & Grill
Luang Prabang - Aussie Sports Bar
Pretty easy to find a pub showing NRL just about anywhere.

Sex tourist?

Latest posts