What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Would You Take Back

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I was having a think about Sharon and reckon he feels pretty sad about how things have unfolded, and I'm starting to even feel sorry for him! He dragged the club through the mud, as captain a despicable act, but undoubtedly was being poorly influenced by his management.

I reckon the Tigers would entertain taking him back at the right price. Benji left under similarly bad circumstances and was welcomed back with open arms.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I was having a think about Sharon and reckon he feels pretty sad about how things have unfolded, and I'm starting to even feel sorry for him! He dragged the club through the mud, as captain a despicable act, but undoubtedly was being poorly influenced by his management.

I reckon the Tigers would entertain taking him back at the right price. Benji left under similarly bad circumstances and was welcomed back with open arms.

I don't think you can compare Benji to Woods, we will never know what actually happens behind the scenes but I believe thru the years Benji deferred payments and took cuts when the club was in strife and has shown upon his return thru his actions and how he has spoken how much he cares about this club.

Woods is a merkin, I dont feel sorry for him at all. He had his tyres pumped by his manager and people who judge players by stats and not performance. He's a handy front rower no doubt but the re-incarnation of Artie Beetson he aint and that is very apparent now and obvious for all to see. Suck eggs big fella!

Having said that, IC is no mug. If the opportunity came to get a decent club front rower with a handy offload for the right price he would grab him as long as he was humble and knew his place. One thing for sure is the dogs will be paying a hefty part of his contract if he goes elsewhere because no other club in the NRL will go anywhere close what they are paying him.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yep he can play a bit & I suppose I’d learn to 4give him if he returned home.Problem is it’s inconceivable that the bondi rorters would ever sever ties with him whilst ever he is an asset.However this insidious club won’t think twice about throwing him on the scrap heap if he were to incur another ACL rupture !

Tiger Ted

Bench
I don't think you can compare Benji to Woods, we will never know what actually happens behind the scenes but I believe thru the years Benji deferred payments and took cuts when the club was in strife and has shown upon his return thru his actions and how he has spoken how much he cares about this club.

Woods is a merkin, I dont feel sorry for him at all. He had his tyres pumped by his manager and people who judge players by stats and not performance. He's a handy front rower no doubt but the re-incarnation of Artie Beetson he aint and that is very apparent now and obvious for all to see. Suck eggs big fella!

Having said that, IC is no mug. If the opportunity came to get a decent club front rower with a handy offload for the right price he would grab him as long as he was humble and knew his place. One thing for sure is the dogs will be paying a hefty part of his contract if he goes elsewhere because no other club in the NRL will go anywhere close what they are paying him.
Even though I knew him & family members growing up in the hub of 2040 I can’t forgive a club captain for the ultimate betrayal.FK him he isn’t worthy of being a part of WT again.Truth is he actually belongs in the wicked deluded entitlement mentality of the belmore kennel.

Trollhammaren

Juniors

Agree with what you write for sure. With regards to Benji, I just remember vividly the bad taste his departure had with the fans. He barely got a clap at his final game at Leichhardt. The posturing with the Union jersey and carrying on in the final weeks was not a good look, which is what I see as similar to the Woods carry-on last year.

I doubt he'd pull that crap again, much like how Benji has shown immense class since his return.

Sharon would certainly be a step-up from Sue or Grant if the Dogs can chip in a fair chunk of his wage.

Clifferd

Coach
Woods was a victim of being poorly led by his manager, still, he is a grown man so he’s entitled to make his own choices, which were ultimately poor

Shredder

Juniors
I wouldnt want him back. Largely because his personal perceived value is significantly higher than the real value. He would be lucky to make out team and I wouldnt take him for depth. .

Rhyno

First Grade
Every tigers fan would take king Mitch back in a heartbeat and they’d throw the bank at him

Vic Mackey

Referee
Time heals all wounds re Benji. He has also admitted his mistakes and comes back a much more humble and mature man. For years Benji was the Wests Tigers. Our club was a joke when he started. 2001-2003 made the last 2 years look like a dream.

Benji single handedly turned us into a sexy, attractive proposition that young kids and sponsors were falling over each other to get on board with. If Benji didn’t happen I genuinely believe the club might not be around today.

The difference between the service he gave the club and Woods is non comparable.

Woods was a decent first grader who made a rep career through a shit haircut and beard. He was made captain of the club and whilst captain was actively encouraging star players that we were wanting to keep to sign elsewhere.

Let the prick play the 4 years out at the Dogs and win 4 wooden spoons. Then if he wants to crawl back make him beg, then once he does tell him to piss off anyway.

Wizardman

First Grade
Time heals all wounds re Benji. He has also admitted his mistakes and comes back a much more humble and mature man. For years Benji was the Wests Tigers. Our club was a joke when he started. 2001-2003 made the last 2 years look like a dream.

Benji single handedly turned us into a sexy, attractive proposition that young kids and sponsors were falling over each other to get on board with. If Benji didn’t happen I genuinely believe the club might not be around today.

The difference between the service he gave the club and Woods is non comparable.

Woods was a decent first grader who made a rep career through a shit haircut and beard. He was made captain of the club and whilst captain was actively encouraging star players that we were wanting to keep to sign elsewhere.

Let the prick play the 4 years out at the Dogs and win 4 wooden spoons. Then if he wants to crawl back make him beg, then once he does tell him to piss off anyway.

I was pissed with the way Benji and Robbie departed the tigers. In saying that, even if Benji didn't come back, I'd still have respected his legacy and contribution to our club. Benji certainly earnt his stripes at our club and will be forever thankful to him. I feel exactly the same way about Farah. I hated they way he carried on towards the end...but as far as Im concerned, he is the best player to have worn a Wests Tigers jersey. Im sure he'll come back in some form.

As for Woods and Moses, I do not want them anywhere near our club. They have not contributed anything special and lasting for our club in terms of loyalty, performance, team morale and results. To compare them to Benji/Robbie is quite insulting.

Front-Rower

First Grade
The posturing with the Union jersey and carrying on in the final weeks was not a good look, which is what I see as similar to the Woods carry-on last year.

I think the difference is that Benji went to a different sport. If he acted the same way and went to a another club, the story might be a bit different. In saying that, he probably didn’t take to Tim Sheens’ sacking well and that more than likely caused him to act the way he did.

Woods’ on the other hand, not welcome back imo

I think the difference is that Benji went to a different sport. If he acted the same way and went to a another club, the story might be a bit different. In saying that, he probably didn’t take to Tim Sheens’ sacking well and that more than likely caused him to act the way he did.

Woods’ on the other hand, not welcome back imo

Teddy, Woods and Moses all wanted premiership glory, they didn't want to build it with us, they simply wanted to parachute into another club and enjoy established success because they thought they were better than the guys around them.

I wouldn't not take any of the three back on this basis. We're on the up, Dogs and Eels have gone to shit, Roosters are not the team they were in recent years. I wouldn't have them come and parachute back in off the back of toil of guys who were willing to come here and build something, that something that they did not want to work for. Moreover, I wouldn't want the guys who are responsible for our efforts this year making way for any of them, that would be beyond the pale.

Latest posts