What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Performance Updates

Didn't like Pickworth body language.

Looks like a guy under immense pressure regarding various players who were injured prior to SOO commitments.

SOO medical staff will evaluate further various guys who have gone in to camp.

Hope he hasn't allowed players and Mary to influence his decision making on whether to rule players out of games.

sco22

Juniors
Hearing debelin say he needs to be needled up for origin for the 4th straight week is a major concern
West Coast hip pointer damage is an acute injury and f**king painful you are suppose to rest it for a couple weeks before you get back into playing can bleed a lot inside the area very common in the NFL. You wonder what the HPU are doing outside pressure????

Bench
I have lost respect for the HPU. How was Hunt and JDB passed fit for the last two games. Hunt and JDB should have been rested to recover from their injuries.
Tyson was very quite against the Panthers and only had 5 runs, was he carrying an injury.
However, with McIdiot and how much he loves the power game are our forwards given injections before each match to get them through a game.
So I wonder who has the final say on who is fit and who is not.
It will be interesting to see whether Pickworth is with us next year

West Coast hip pointer damage is an acute injury and f**king painful you are suppose to rest it for a couple weeks before you get back into playing can bleed a lot inside the area very common in the NFL. You wonder what the HPU are doing outside pressure????
Yep I’m no doctor but it’s concerning that’s its been getting needles for this long and to top it off going into origin no doubt it’s painful sounds like the coaching staff keep cracking the whip on him when you’re right a couple of weeks would do him the world of good in the long term

Johnny King

Juniors
Pickworth comes across as a decent, capable person who has the player's best interests at heart. Playing Hunt and DeBelin when they were obviously injured compromises the team's performance and the well-being of the player. Hard to imagine it was anyone other than coaching staff making decisions to play those guys against Penrith.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
HPU make recommendations to the head coach (as in mary).
Mary had the final say with all calls.
So he has to lisen then make a decision and there lies the problem.
If they let the head medical staff make all decions.
It would work out better for all concerned.
I can tell you that jdb sould have rested for 2 weeks.
Hunt the same but with hunt coping a cork(in the penrith game) on the same spot as before.
Was just unlucky.

Drag Queen

Bench
Pickworth comes across as a decent, capable person who has the player's best interests at heart. Playing Hunt and DeBelin when they were obviously injured compromises the team's performance and the well-being of the player. Hard to imagine it was anyone other than coaching staff making decisions to play those guys against Penrith.
I'd also probably suggest that Hunt and JDB were pushing to play the Panthers as they both could've potentially lost their SOO spots if they hadn't. Just a thought.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
HPU make recommendations to the head coach (as in mary).
Mary had the final say with all calls.
So he has to lisen then make a decision and there lies the problem.
If they let the head medical staff make all decions.
It would work out better for all concerned.
I can tell you that jdb sould have rested for 2 weeks.
Hunt the same but with hunt coping a cork(in the penrith game) on the same spot as before.
Was just unlucky.

Exactly right dragonssamy. Pickworth and Co can only make recommendations, its up to the coach to (a)take it on-board and govwith the recommendation (b) ignore the recommendation (c) ask ths pkayer his opinion and go with what he says.
IMO McGregor is just using option c. JDB even alluded to this factvwhen he said i shouldnt have played and put SOO aspirations aside.
The HPU is doing well to keep us as the team with the least number of replacements, but, in all sport the physicality does take its toll no matter who they are.

Johnny King

Juniors
I'd also probably suggest that Hunt and JDB were pushing to play the Panthers as they both could've potentially lost their SOO spots if they hadn't. Just a thought.
You're probably right DQ, especially deBelin who might have been thinking his chances of finally cracking the SOO side were running out. This has been his best year for us, the selectors have taken notice, and he didn't want to let his best chance slip.

True_Believer

Juniors
So going by all this, both Hunt and JDB shouldn't be playing on Wednesday night? If both do run out onto the field, who's to blame for that?

Tuddy

Juniors
Those injuries aren't a secret, watch the injured players get targeted during origin. Same thing happened against the Panthers, Hunt got smashed a few times early and that took him out of the game. I just hope we don't see some long term problems from it, the results could mean our season is over.

I have lost respect for the HPU. How was Hunt and JDB passed fit for the last two games. Hunt and JDB should have been rested to recover from their injuries.
Tyson was very quite against the Panthers and only had 5 runs, was he carrying an injury.
However, with McIdiot and how much he loves the power game are our forwards given injections before each match to get them through a game.
So I wonder who has the final say on who is fit and who is not.
It will be interesting to see whether Pickworth is with us next year
Good thing is the pla
totally right DQ they saw the bright lights of origin and played wounded when they should’ve been rested and with proper consultation with the blues they could’ve been 100% or close too and been in better shape for the blues and saints post original this is where Mary will be tested and or exposed with his man management this origin period I think while not perfect he’s improving as a match day coach but his use of bench lack of production from nightingale and origin impact are his bones of contention that will decide how far we venture into the semi’s

Latest posts