What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Frank Facer

First Grade
No it could not happen, please no.
There was no mention of us chasing Woods in the earlier post. If the rumour is true, then Canterbury will definitely be paying quite a bit of his contract if he moves to another club. Wests could get him back cheap. lol Newcastle are in the market for props.

The rumor is Wests have got Mybe and want Woods back too.

I tell you what, I hate the Dogs with a passion, but the way they are going with thier cap it may be time to pull the boots on again, they'll be desperate just to fill the 17 jumpers with bodies soon.

Gareth67

First Grade
Woods who what a waste of salary to any club .It has proven he has no class in the blues side the main reason we lost so many games .We have 10 good props a head of woods any day over rated. It shows how tigers are going wit h out him.

Your right John moz , the man would / is a big disspointment for the Doggies fans . But , and please don't jump down my throat when I suggest this , there is one bloke who could turn his stuttering career right around . One who could put some real mongrel into Woods and that bloke plays for the Dragons , none other then our own James Graham .

If the reports of the Bulldogs shopping him around are indeed correct and also more then willing to pay a fair slice of his salary , then it would require a club's recruitment officer to have a word with the dogs , on the quiet of course . Who knows with Leeson Ah Mau going and with some money still in the bank (?) the Dragons could - could possibly end up as a suitor . Only my thoughts , nothing more .

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
What not one juicy rumour to wet our appetites ? There must be someone out there in Dragonland that knows something that will get us excited . :confused:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Packer should never have been relinquished. Yes, I realise Wests were satisfied to pay "overs" for his services, but Millward should have counterbalanced this against a short term solution (Graham) who while his leadership is invaluable, it is clear he is also running on tired legs with diminishing impact. I'll be extremely surprised if Graham sees out the length of his contract.

This has now been compounded by the impending loss of Au Mau at season's end.

Once more, the recruitment/retention department has flunked.

Ritzley

Juniors
Once more, the recruitment/retention department has flunked.

Possibly a little harsh considering we are probably one of the few clubs working within the bounds of the salary cap hand-in-hand in conjunction with minimal TPA's. On balance I'd say we've done pretty well but will continue to lose players to clubs willing to push the limits of acceptable financial management - or simply use wads of TPA cash to undercut us. Being a mad crazy dragon fan I want us to be here for the long-haul but it will obviously come at a cost of not winning premierships every two or three years. I'm kind of resigned to accepting that if we are competitive on field I'll be happy - with the odd premiership thrown in to make me delirious.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Possibly a little harsh considering we are probably one of the few clubs working within the bounds of the salary cap hand-in-hand in conjunction with minimal TPA's. On balance I'd say we've done pretty well but will continue to lose players to clubs willing to push the limits of acceptable financial management - or simply use wads of TPA cash to undercut us. Being a mad crazy dragon fan I want us to be here for the long-haul but it will obviously come at a cost of not winning premierships every two or three years. I'm kind of resigned to accepting that if we are competitive on field I'll be happy - with the odd premiership thrown in to make me delirious.

The odd premiership?

It took 31 long years between no. 15 and 16! And, there's no indication that the current wait will be any shorter.

Is that what you mean?

No thanks, this club has been mired in mediocrity for far too long.

There should be better expectationss.

ouryears

Bench

The odd premiership?
Happy?

If we accept that as our goal we will end up like Newtown and North Sydney, we will become a nothing club.

You don't always need the most money to be the best!

You need a vision, a plan, junior development and a good coaching team!

Look at Penrith right now.

What makes a great team is effort, spirit, team work, never say die culture, a hatred of losing, guts, and toughness!

Even the new Australian soccer coach who has coached filthy rich teams and poor teams says it's not the money teams that he has had the greatest success with.....it's the clubs that despised losing where he won most.

We must aim high.
Nothing less.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The odd premiership?
Happy?

If we accept that as our goal we will end up like Newtown and North Sydney, we will become a nothing club.

You don't always need the most money to be the best!

You need a vision, a plan, junior development and a good coaching team!

Look at Penrith right now.

What makes a great team is effort, spirit, team work, never say die culture, a hatred of losing, guts, and toughness!

Even the new Australian soccer coach who has coached filthy rich teams and poor teams says it's not the money teams that he has had the greatest success with.....it's the clubs that despised losing where he won most.

We must aim high.
Nothing less.

Speaking of the new Socceroos' coach - Bert Van Something-Something - do you know why his tenure at the helm is extremely short, and only extends to the completion of the World Cup?

ouryears

Bench
Speaking of the new Socceroos' coach - Bert Van Something-Something - do you know why his tenure at the helm is extremely short, and only extends to the completion of the World Cup?
I did see that too Jimmy, I know he prefers the hard physical game that suits the Aussies, relentless defence and out wide attack into the goal....he believes it's not the most skilful team that wins, it's the most ruthless and desire that wins more games.

He had a heap of success with that philosophy.

Perhaps he has a contract from a European club once the WC is over.

I am hoping we play to our potential and exceed expectations.

2 wins and one loss
1 win and 2 draws

Hopefully into stage 2.

What are your thoughts?