What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
The men we should really be trying to lock down are Seibold, Gentle and Furner. It’s almost Bellamy like the way they have transformed these players. With Seibs at the helm I have faith in whoever he picks for our 17.
Broncos rumoured to be circling Seibold and the roosters circling Damien Cook.

Rabbitoad

Juniors

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Broncos rumoured to be circling Seibold and the roosters circling Damien Cook.

Cook will easily be the best number 9 off contract next year so I’d expect a fair few teams to be chasing him. I do think that a lot of players will be waiting to see what happens with seibold before resigning. They’re a happy bunch right now.

I think uncle nick has lost the plot though. Radley is a superb long term solution at 9. Him and Matterson have been some of their best forwards.

southsport

First Grade
Cook will easily be the best number 9 off contract next year so I’d expect a fair few teams to be chasing him. I do think that a lot of players will be waiting to see what happens with seibold before resigning. They’re a happy bunch right now.

I think uncle nick has lost the plot though. Radley is a superb long term solution at 9. Him and Matterson have been some of their best forwards.
Roosters would simply play Radley elsewhere like they've done with Mitchell this year.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Realistically to retain Cook after this season we’ll need to spend big. After securing an origin birth he’s in the box seat for Australia. That type of representative honours coming off contract will break the bank

Frank Facer

First Grade
But yea, we all just need to move on, surely we can do that.

Yes, R20 may not be a saint, but none of us are. However, there are some in here that no matter what he says, it'll never be good enough for them and they'll always find a way to bring him down. It's fine to argue, but can we please do it in a civil manner instead of attacking one another.

Anyway, back on topic. Does anyone think Crichton's slection for the Blues impacts his contract situation? I believe one of the reasons he said he wanted to go to the Chooks was to improve his chances of a SOO selection. Well, it's now been proved he can achieve that with Souths. Does this have an impact? Especially if he's having second thoughts about the Roosters?
I'm a Saint.

callmack1

Staff member
Realistically to retain Cook after this season we’ll need to spend big. After securing an origin birth he’s in the box seat for Australia. That type of representative honours coming off contract will break the bank
That's very true and the club needs to prepare for it now because like you say, he will demand a big pay day. However, he 100% deserves that large pay day.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Surely Seibs will stay.

Priority one is keep Cookie and give him his 750k

handyman2190

Bench
Just read a piece on google news crighton says he has inked a 3 year deal with the chooks. I dont think he is going to stay all the hopers can stop dreaming, weve lost him gonski.
We need sua and we better get him

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Given Cookie and his management team approached us about an extension a month ago, I'd say it's safe to say he wants to stay.

Between that, The Cocks re-signing Victor Radley long term and Jake Friend being Nick Politis' golden boy that it's safe to say this rumour is just someone making shit up.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Just read a piece on google news crighton says he has inked a 3 year deal with the chooks. I dont think he is going to stay all the hopers can stop dreaming, weve lost him gonski.
We need sua and we better get him
I read in the telegraph this morning that the bunnies have had talks with Sharon Woods!! please Souths no way.!! and this piece from crap artist Rothfield " Which NRL star is having second thoughts about joining a club in 2019 with which he has signed" If true would it be Crichton or perhaps Peachey?

Travitoh

First Grade
I read in the telegraph this morning that the bunnies have had talks with Sharon Woods!! please Souths no way.!! and this piece from crap artist Rothfield " Which NRL star is having second thoughts about joining a club in 2019 with which he has signed" If true would it be Crichton or perhaps Peachey?

I'd go Woods if the opportunity arose. Canterbury would need to foot at least 25% of the remaining 3 years on his contract to move him on and seeing the way the twins have turned it around under Seibold, i see no reason why Woods couldn't.

Woods in allows the option of Sam playing an edge without sacrificing too much in the middle.

Could be a great value buy. 27 years old, has played a fair bit of footy for both NSW and Australia and when you look past the criticisms on social media, there is a good player there who is being overpaid to join a poorly managed Canterbury roster.

Woods could definitely strengthen our pack with out having to break the bank.