What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 13: Eels v Knights

• Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slotmachine

First Grade
Only points scored on Denniss' side at the end, Siones contact in defense was better and he took more crucial runs. Sione more involved in general. Just my take

Well that try was on cogger. Denniss didn't miss a tackle.

I think they were pretty close. Agree to disagree

Woosh

Head Moderator
Dennis was excellent. He's a baby with near no first grade experience playing at centre. Great effort. Not sure what else people would expect from him.

We have been calling for Dennis for weeks to been given a shot and it was only an injury to Ross that made Brown pick him.
Not sign of a good coach.

Swarzey

Bench
I still like how after a game like tonight, someone just to bitch about not holding them to zero, someone tries to undermine a player's performance.

Good win. Good attitude from start to finish. Few blemishes but should never have expected perfection.

Spot On

Coach
If both twins could make what Dan did tonight their base performance - what they dish out most weeks - then we'd be travelling a fair bit better in most games.

Great effort with line speed and defence tonight, granted the opposition was poor. But it was clearly a different level of effort and determination form previous performances.

I though Watson looked pretty damn good tonight compared to his performances so far. A lot more passing, some great running and good shape on his side. A much better performance from a 'running' 5/8.

Levi's work at dummy half was also really good and Guerra was great in the middle.

Zoidberg

First Grade
A much improved performance which we needed. It was against a poor opposition and obviously we need to improve more next week.
So nice to watch the final 20mins “knowing” we were going to win.

Spot On

Coach
I wish all out props were as "bad" as Dan Saifiti has been this season

Lol. They have been. Dan himself said he was going like a busted only a few weeks ago. Even he admits he was going ordinary.

There's a lot more to it than that one stat.

But tonight, besides the big metre stat, he showed more effort and aggression than all matches combined this season. He hurt some blokes tonight. He looked like he knew he was bigger and stronger than the opposition and he played like it.

That's what the twins need to do every week - win, lose or draw. They are 6 foot 5 or more and 120kg plus

Attitude and effort is what Dan showed tonight.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
We have been calling for Dennis for weeks to been given a shot and it was only an injury to Ross that made Brown pick him.
Not sign of a good coach.

Apparently throwing him to the wolves would wreck him.

Bloke looks like he might physically dominate his opposition in a year or two when he really starts to fill out.

Spot On

Coach
Feed him up and let him rip in! Will cause some damage if he can get his offloading/passing up to scratch.

Pedge1971

First Grade
A win is a win. We had a lot go for us but I will take it. Need to win 1 of the next 2 at home I reckon to make the 8 but we probably are not there this year.

Good comeback from last weeks debacle.

Old dog

Juniors
Dan was great tonight not good but great, interesting to see his stats compared to others that played prop. Lillyman? Not sure, Heighinton gave it his best, King, came on late. So how many minutes, runs and distance dis he make along with tackle sect.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Just started watching the replay as only had one eye on the first 30 mins.

Clear the kicking pressure was taken off Cogger and given to Ponga and he handled it like a dream. Afterthe work over Lewis gave him.last week at his age you could forgive him for being a bit gun shy this week but no chance.

Loved Dans game today but geez Ponga still gets my mom....

Latest posts