What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WT Unity

Juniors
1. Mybe 1.8m or 5' 9
2. Thompson 1.79 or 5' 8
3 Fonua 1.79 or 5' 8

Where's Matt Utai?

Our back-line!

latest

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I reckon Liddle potentially looks fantastic but he isn't an 80 minute hooker or even likely to play in the majority of games throughout the season. He looks like he needs time learning his trade and getting his body able to handle NRL.

You got to stick with him over the next couple of seasons but we need another option there.

Same as fullback. I really rate Tui but honestly he has been fairly average this season.

I hate to say this as well but ET is a concern in the team as well. He doesn't offer much at all offensively and there have been games where his defence hasn't been great.

We also need a right edge backrower and Lawrence can't have too many more quality seasons in him.

So fix hooker, edge back rowers and fullback plus ideally add some class like Nathan Cleary to the team. Completing all of this without the Rorters salary sombrero is going to be tough.

You make some good points here.

One of our problems is that we rely too much on dummy half running and one out hit-ups
https://twitter.com/CTObstruction

Not sure teams can afford to carry a spare dummy half these days, particularly if a winger or outside back is injured (like what happened to Nofoaluma yesterday) I think that Liddle can play 80 mins and that his conditioning won't improve unless he is made to play that long.

Tui is so far short of first grade standard its beyond a joke. In an era where fitness is being tracked and fat levels monitored, it beggars belief that he'd be allowed anywhere near first grade.

ET is limited because there is no ball playing being coached at all, just one out running. ET was great last year because he was ball playing. They need to let him ball play more because our front rowers are not running hard enough to get us quick play the balls.

Clearly Cleary is emphasizing defensive coaching and the result is boring attacking play

Vic Mackey

Referee
Every time I go over the official forum I shake my head and leave immediately. There are actually fans over there who want Mbye to play hooker...I can’t even....

Vic Mackey

Referee
You make some good points here.

One of our problems is that we rely too much on dummy half running and one out hit-ups
https://twitter.com/CTObstruction

Not sure teams can afford to carry a spare dummy half these days, particularly if a winger or outside back is injured (like what happened to Nofoaluma yesterday) I think that Liddle can play 80 mins and that his conditioning won't improve unless he is made to play that long.

Tui is so far short of first grade standard its beyond a joke. In an era where fitness is being tracked and fat levels monitored, it beggars belief that he'd be allowed anywhere near first grade.

ET is limited because there is no ball playing being coached at all, just one out running. ET was great last year because he was ball playing. They need to let him ball play more because our front rowers are not running hard enough to get us quick play the balls.

Clearly Cleary is emphasizing defensive coaching and the result is boring attacking play

Agree with pretty much everything uou say here. Just chuck Liddle in for 80, sink or swim. Ivan was saying how Josh needed easing back in. Well he played the last 40 straight and in the 80th minute was the guy who rushed out of the line and cause STT to make the mistake. With the amount of stoppages in the game these days 80 mins wouldn’t be that hard. Even if he is at 50% it would be better then the shit ET dishes up.

I’m over Tui, he looked ok last year but this year he’s been trash. Maybe he just isn’t a fullback, but at least try. That bomb where he got falconed was pathetic.

I said to my mate on Sunday ‘no one wants to admit it, but ET shouldn’t be in our full strength 17.’ I absolutely love the guy and don’t think he’s a bad player but I just don’t see where he fits in with this structure we’re playing.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
You're right Vic, ET tries his guts out and tackles as good as any but he offers nothing in attack no matter where he plays. IC targeted CHN but at the last minute he chose to stay at the Panther. IC knows it, we all know it, we need hard running second rowers/lock.

simmo1

First Grade
Agree on ET. He is too small to play lock, and Lawrence, Chee Kam and Aloiai offer far more as edge backrowers, especially in attack.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I said to my mate on Sunday ‘no one wants to admit it, but ET shouldn’t be in our full strength 17.’ I absolutely love the guy and don’t think he’s a bad player but I just don’t see where he fits in with this structure we’re playing.

I've been thinking the same thing. He is a good footy player but in the modern NRL he is a liability for a good team.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm not sure about ET. When he is good he really adds a lot to the team. He is one of those players that doesn't make many mistakes, is defensively solid and can add a bit to our attack.

I think the issue is where do you play him ? At lock he is great at cleaning up and he can ball play. On the edge I don't think he is as good but if he was given the right edge role would we have a guy defending extremely well and adding little bits to our attack.

I think ET at dummy half sounds a great idea as well. You get a big pack and a hooker who can defend well. The problem is that he stifles our attack and it's not worth it because when he is there it's basically really hard to score points especially if the opposition don't go to pieces.

I think Ivan needs to move ET from hooker and suck it up with Reynolds and Liddle in that role or bring in McIlwrick. McIlwrick though is also pretty shit. I saw him miss an easy tackle last time I watched them play and he doesn't offer much in attack.

Something needs to happen though or our season is gone.

Hooker is our weakest position and it's not even close.

Latest posts