What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

slotmachine

First Grade
Comes a point when you need to spend some money though.

Don't want to do it for tpj, Vaughn or Wallace. Need to win the lottery again with a late season prop coming available.

Knight Vision

First Grade
We could have had Paul Vaughn for 500k a year. He's going ok apparently, got a run in a little game happening tonight. Wallace too.
Was it 500 K ? I though I remember it was around 700 - 750 K and at the time I thought that was too much for a prop - obviously thats not the case now a days, as premium props seem to be getting that much or more.

500K for Vaughn would be a steal

macavity

Referee
Was it 500 K ? I though I remember it was around 700 - 750 K and at the time I thought that was too much for a prop - obviously thats not the case now a days, as premium props seem to be getting that much or more.

500K for Vaughn would be a steal

He was playing off the bench (and sometimes reggies) for Canberra.

It was $500k.

I had a conversation with Matt Gidley about it, and Brown was very specific that $500k is too much for a 40min prop - he wanted 60mins or more out of props. Look where that got us... all the impact of a wet lettuce leaf.

Haffa

It was $500k.

I had a conversation with Matt Gidley about it, and Brown was very specific that $500k is too much for a 40min prop - he wanted 60mins or more out of props. Look where that got us... all the impact of a wet lettuce leaf.
That's depressing.

macavity

Referee
That's depressing.

Yep.

Canberra let go of Vaughn as they got Paulo pretty cheap to play the same role (and saved approx $220k a year like for like).

Look at what Parra are paying Paulo now, seems the value of that role has gone up a bit...

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
It seems a bit weird that Brown didn’t want to pay $500k for Vaughan because he wasn’t a 60 minute prop. How many props in the game would consistently produce 60 quality minutes anyway?

Unfortunately there aren’t really any quality props off contract now so we’ll probably have to go for a few bargain buys and hope that someone good becomes available in the off season.

Snikt

Juniors

It was $500k.

Id say EseEse has been more than impactful

Loose Cannon

Bench
He's been awesome, but he seems limited by his size. It's been said before, but if you could put Hermans brain inside Dans body, you'd have the ultimate prop.
Maybe that is what happened for the Eels game. Heart too.

Let’s hope the organ cloning was successful now Herman needs them back for this week’s game.

Joel-22

Juniors
Ese'ese locks the scrum in my dream team. He should have the freedom to pop up on the edges and utilise his footwork, speed, offloading and tackle-breaking ability

Noname36

First Grade
Did we miss out on Wallace? Really gonna miss his Originness... Massive three runs for 26m... Damn!

It’s just typical of a lot of Knights supporters and really annoying.

They whinge and criticise Brown/Mooney when we target Wallace but then when we don’t go hard enough for him and “miss out” they whinge like not signing him is a tragedy lol.

Yosh

Coach
It’s just typical of a lot of Knights supporters and really annoying.

They whinge and criticise Brown/Mooney when we target Wallace but then when we don’t go hard enough for him and “miss out” they whinge like not signing him is a tragedy lol.

I'm personally so happy with the direction the club is going. I hope Brown gets full backing till the end of 2019 at least. You win some, you lose some. I think we've come out massively on top so far in terms of signings.

Noname36

First Grade
I'm personally so happy with the direction the club is going. I hope Brown gets full backing till the end of 2019 at least. You win some, you lose some. I think we've come out massively on top so far in terms of signings.

I agree. Obviously not everything is perfect and we still have a long way to go but I haven’t been this happy with the general direction and decisions within the club in a very long time.

Swarzey

Bench
Think I've finally adapted to the nausea of some people's recruitment opinions.

Direction of the club is fine. We're not a superpower club that can sign anyone at any time on minimum amount. There are always new targets, always players being moved about. The opportunities we missed this year can be viewed as lessons to be learned and next year, when the same caliber of players hit the market like they do every year, we'll be in a good position to sign them. I get it, the last few years have sucked but the club is miles ahead of where it has been and will continue to get better.

I'll honestly keep saying it regarding every signing people aren't happy with; beggars can't be choosers and that applies to Ferguson. Absolute dropkick of a human being and has dicks for fingers but he's still a better option than the likes of Sio, Ross etc.

Bartwah

Juniors
Mick Jennings has until June 30 to decide if he wants his extra 2 years at the eels. Solid defender and an upgrade on what we have. Thoughts?

Latest posts