What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin I - QLD 12-22 NSW @ MCG

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My two cents.. on the blues

MOM - Tedesco (standard). Aside from Tedesco...

Most Impressive back - Addo-Carr. For a "small" back, he muscled up and ran at the defence wall a lot,. . Got towelled-up from dummy-half once or twice though which will happen when there are no forwards around to help get out of trouble. Always dangerous in attack with a great move on Chambers to score..

Most Impressive Forward - Cook at hooker but others...Klemmer. Missed him in the post 2nd-half phases when Qld were hitting NSW Hard.

Biggest Surprise Packet - Tom Trrrjbvjjvvccc. I doubted having a fullback on the wing "to find a place for him" but what do I know - the kid played brilliantly, with guts and gave everything all game..

Needs more Garlic - Campbell-Gillard in the first half, hardly saw him. Found the garlic at half time though thankfully.

On the game - that period in the second half when Qld were out-muscling us in the middle was a concern, hope all the forwards take note of that in game two. Maybe because the ref's put the whistle in the pocket I've heard.. but it goes both ways..

But I'll take 1-0 into Sydney.. with hope we can win the series..... again....

TheFrog

Coach
On the game - that period in the second half when Qld were out-muscling us in the middle was a concern, hope all the forwards take note of that in game two.
Someone else said this before, and I agree. We were short a middle forward. Putting Friz in the middle doesn't work. We need Merrin or Sims for Chrichton. I doubt Fittler will do it though. Hard to drop a bloke who didn't do much wrong after one game. I'm not sure if Freddy messed up his interchange but Klemmer needed to do more minutes in his second stint as well.

TheFrog

Coach
It will be a big question over the next 2 weeks whether the Maroons will debut Ponga in a must win game in a hostile Sydney environment.

If Slater plays, where do they play him? On the wing? I don't think they will drop any of the outside backs. The kid just has to wait his turn.

jack coburn

Juniors
And the Cordner argument just highlights the difference between NSW and QLD. If he was a Queenslander he be loved as a hard working leader. See Queensland comes together to support the team while you Mongs argue over club players representing the state. What came out of this game is that with Smith Slater Cronk and Thurston QLD win easy.

OldPanther

Coach
My two cents.. on the blues

MOM - Tedesco (standard). Aside from Tedesco...

Most Impressive back - Addo-Carr. For a "small" back, he muscled up and ran at the defence wall a lot,. . Got towelled-up from dummy-half once or twice though which will happen when there are no forwards around to help get out of trouble. Always dangerous in attack with a great move on Chambers to score..

Most Impressive Forward - Cook at hooker but others...Klemmer. Missed him in the post 2nd-half phases when Qld were hitting NSW Hard.

Biggest Surprise Packet - Tom Trrrjbvjjvvccc. I doubted having a fullback on the wing "to find a place for him" but what do I know - the kid played brilliantly, with guts and gave everything all game..

Needs more Garlic - Campbell-Gillard in the first half, hardly saw him. Found the garlic at half time though thankfully.

On the game - that period in the second half when Qld were out-muscling us in the middle was a concern, hope all the forwards take note of that in game two. Maybe because the ref's put the whistle in the pocket I've heard.. but it goes both ways..

But I'll take 1-0 into Sydney.. with hope we can win the series..... again....

When Klemmer and RCG went off they were equal first for run metres so he got through the work. They both got a really short second run though which was weird.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Someone else said this before, and I agree. We were short a middle forward. Putting Friz in the middle doesn't work. We need Merrin or Sims for Chrichton. I doubt Fittler will do it though. Hard to drop a bloke who didn't do much wrong after one game. I'm not sure if Freddy messed up his interchange but Klemmer needed to do more minutes in his second stint as well.
Lol, merrin. Maybe Jimmy Tamou should get a run too. Or Peter Wallace. Or Colin Van Der Voort.

OldPanther

Coach
And the Cordner argument just highlights the difference between NSW and QLD. If he was a Queenslander he be loved as a hard working leader. See Queensland comes together to support the team while you Mongs argue over club players representing the state. What came out of this game is that with Smith Slater Cronk and Thurston QLD win easy.

Biggest load of shit :joy:

QLD cried non stop over Billy not being selected last year game 1 as an example.

OldPanther

Coach
Lol, merrin. Maybe Jimmy Tamou should get a run too. Or Peter Wallace. Or Colin Van Der Voort.

Yeah because it's about the team we support and not the fact NSW interchange was f**ked. We needed another prop. Merrin ran 90 metres in the first half the week he had surgery. He's awesome in the middle. Either way we were missing a genuine middle on the bench.

Yes to Colin Van Der Voort

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yeah because it's about the team we support and not the fact NSW interchange was f**ked. We needed another prop. Merrin ran 90 metres in the first half the week he had surgery. He's awesome in the middle. Either way we were missing a genuine middle on the bench.
Don't cry babe.

Panthers groupies have officially became worse than sharks groupies.

OldPanther

Coach
Don't cry babe.

Panthers groupies have officially became worse than sharks groupies.

So far you've just made snide remarks about Panthers fans and players. You haven't made a case for or against anything. Get f**ked we think Tamou and Wallace should be there. The thought of Tamou playing origin makes me want to throw up. Merrin on the other hand is good. Had a poor 2017 but there was off field drama.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So far you've just made snide remarks about Panthers fans and players. You haven't made a case for or against anything. Get f**ked we think Tamou and Wallace should be there. The thought of Tamou playing origin makes me want to throw up. Merrin on the other hand is good. Had a poor 2017 but there was off field drama.
Just settle down love, things are going to be ok.

big hit!

Bench
Well if he did just simply pass the ball the Storm would've stolen it

simply....after what he did to get into that position and still having to deal with 3 sharks around him.

don't let the biases affect judgement though LU......like this Cordner shit. D&E going on about him stifling Mitchell & Ado-Carr. Alright, what he's saying is that we need Graham at left forward so he can derp it up by giving away ill-disciplined penalties and holes in the defensive line the size of the grand canyon for McGuire to run through.

Give me a consistent stabilising disciplined character in Cordner any day. Fittlers squad already has plenty of flash. This toiler lays the ground work and that's fine by me at the moment.

big hit!

Bench
This is the difference to me - QLD had a gear to lift, I don't think Slater alone is enough to do that anymore. Smith and Cronk were key.

QLD still have the goods. What they lacked without the 4, and Smith & Cronk in particular, was their organisation. Lots of bunched up players in possession. No real organisation when it was time to put some thing on.

Munster benefited from Cronk in Game 3 last series. He now has to get the troops mobilised rather than just thinking it will happen when he gets it on 4th and 5th tackles. Hunt has to be vocal too. Understandable that his first origin start, he's thinking more about his own game, but these two blokes need to direct the team around in Game 2. QLD organisation and NSW running around headless has been the staple of origin for the last decade. Roles were reversed on Wednesday night.

King hit

Coach
Doing deliveries this morning and a bloke at the store we just stopped at went on and on about Maloney's 'forward' pass. It's priceless listening to the whinging whenever Queensland loses.

Latest posts