What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin I - QLD 12-22 NSW @ MCG

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

typicalfan

Coach
And I didn't think you Roosters fan would be harping on about his metres or post contact metres being more then any other forward when he plays the full 80 minutes! Klemmer in less then half the time wasn't far off what Cordner did.
That's what he did! He hogged the ball and did nothing, he passed for a total of 3 times the entire game, had 21 runs for what? Not one break made, unbelievable!

Just because the players outside him played well doesn't mean the guy inside them isn't hindering them. If corder just stopped getting in the way the players on the outside would have been even better then they were last night.
Boyd Cordner:

0 line breaks
0 line break assists
0 tackle breaks

You got to be a special kind of shit to pull something like that of especially since there was 23 tackle breaks from the guys outside him.
Criticising Cordner for his LBA is like criticising RCG for his kick return metres. Not relevant.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Criticising Cordner for his LBA is like criticising RCG for his kick return metres. Not relevant.
It's only relevant to the mind of a raving lunatic, like the one stinking up this thread.

But but but Cordner didn't force a single line drop out either!

FACT

I'm also not the full quid

FACT

beave

Coach
Doing deliveries this morning and a bloke at the store we just stopped at went on and on about Maloney's 'forward' pass. It's priceless listening to the whinging whenever Queensland loses.

Listening to the ‘3 times a year’ experts at work (you know, the ones that barely watch any footy and then suddenly know everything come 3 nights a year) made me chuckle the last 2 days. Using the 20m line as a point of reference when players are at full flight to adjudicate on long passes being forward or not...... when you mention physics n shit it kinda blows their mind.

*disclaimer, Im a QLDer but I think the pass was forward from Maloney but not as bad as some are making it out to be.

QLDers should be more dirty on Chambers, Cooper and Maguire. I feel for Maguire as it was completley unfair on him to have to play in an origin straight up after 6 weeks off. Cooper was only selected on incumbancy and Chambers had a f**king shocker.

They’ll all be better for it though, with a bit of polish and Slater back I think they’ll go a lot better. I’d slide Morgo back to the utility role and drop Milford (Morgo can play anywhere bar front row, his value being versatile cannot be underestimated)

Matt Scott might be a chance if he pulls his finger out the next 2 weeks but doesn’t deserve to be picked on 2018’s form as of right now.

The one thing I can’t get my head around is the fact I actually like the majoroty of those blues players (it’s doing my head in). Klemmer and Mitchell are the only 2 that carry on like pot plants on the field, the rest I actually think are decent footballers and come across as decent guys.

It’s doing my f**king head in to be quite honest.

Spot On

Coach
How did Nathan Peats get a game at this level, absolute crap player.

I never got that one either but our last 10 yrs is littered with selections like that.

We had nothing.

May QLD now experience the same fate for the next decade.

big hit!

Bench
Listening to the ‘3 times a year’ experts at work (you know, the ones that barely watch any footy and then suddenly know everything come 3 nights a year) made me chuckle the last 2 days. Using the 20m line as a point of reference when players are at full flight to adjudicate on long passes being forward or not...... when you mention physics n shit it kinda blows their mind.

*disclaimer, Im a QLDer but I think the pass was forward from Maloney but not as bad as some are making it out to be.

QLDers should be more dirty on Chambers, Cooper and Maguire. I feel for Maguire as it was completley unfair on him to have to play in an origin straight up after 6 weeks off. Cooper was only selected on incumbancy and Chambers had a f**king shocker.

They’ll all be better for it though, with a bit of polish and Slater back I think they’ll go a lot better. I’d slide Morgo back to the utility role and drop Milford (Morgo can play anywhere bar front row, his value being versatile cannot be underestimated)

Matt Scott might be a chance if he pulls his finger out the next 2 weeks but doesn’t deserve to be picked on 2018’s form as of right now.

The one thing I can’t get my head around is the fact I actually like the majoroty of those blues players (it’s doing my head in). Klemmer and Mitchell are the only 2 that carry on like pot plants on the field, the rest I actually think are decent footballers and come across as decent guys.

I'm NSWman and the pass was 4km forward. and there was a touchie in position too. they're the f**king pot plants. uesless the lot of them.

the rule doesn't require a ref to have f**king physics degree. pass was clearly forward.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I kind of feel sorry for Laurie Daley.

Cook wasn't in line for Origin last year. And the likes of Mitchell, Cleary, JAC, RCG, Turbo and Crichton would have been a year too soon.

On top of that he had to contend with QLDs big 4 in their last year - for 3 of them anyway.

Timing is everything.

Don't get me wrong I think Loz was too defensive as a coach and he continued that loser mentality by persisting with the likes of Farah and Gallen too long.

But in the space of a year Freddy got to pick from NSWs best crop since 2005 to face QLDs worst team since around the same time.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Next game QLD will target Roberts and Turbo’s side more

A couple of instances where they rushed up in defence to shut a play down, but they instead created an overlap

typicalfan

Coach

I never got that one either but our last 10 yrs is littered with selections like that.

We had nothing.

May QLD now experience the same fate for the next decade.
he played well for the Eels prior to going to the Titans to be fair and was serviceable at best.

Cook and McInnes were still a year away and Api is a bit hit and miss.

beave

Coach
I'm NSWman and the pass was 4km forward. and there was a touchie in position too. they're the f**king pot plants. uesless the lot of them.

the rule doesn't require a ref to have f**king physics degree. pass was clearly forward.

No shit. Im talking about using the lines on the field as your only reference points for adjudicating on passes. Which is all I hear from idiots up here as there justification as to why it was forward.

*disclaimer again- the pass was forward.

big hit!

Bench
JAC was 2 metres behind Maloney when the pass was thrown and had to stand back to take it rather than lunge forward. At absolute worst it was 50/50.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...e/news-story/1dfdd008335291b7f28798b0d0ef95fc

what's more alarming about that vid is how disorganised the QLD defence was. Munster came up with the initial miss, but was inside Cooper as the #4 defender. Munsters poor attempt to even slow Teddy down led to a Napa jersey grab. And Hunt's attempt is reason enough as to why he should never be playing as a hooker at this level - Milford replaced McCulloch and was defending on the right as the #3. I don't watch too many Broncos games - does McCulloch not play 80 mins? In hindsight, you'd keep the spine as is and probably would've had Ponga on bench and brought him on and moved Morgan somewhere in the final 20 mins. Still Teddy took advantage of some poor defending there. At least Morgan stopped him somewhat but needed to wrap him up.

Should've all bee moot though. Pass was forward.

moffla

Bench

I actually got the same feeling from Queensland and fellow NSW fans at the game, and it made for a tamer than usual atmosphere. The game was missing the heroes and villains we've come to know from previous editions.

It's almost like we need a Cam Smith and a Paul Gallen on each side to get that hatred back into it!

big hit!

Bench
I actually got the same feeling from Queensland and fellow NSW fans at the game, and it made for a tamer than usual atmosphere. The game was missing the heroes and villains we've come to know from previous editions.

It's almost like we need a Cam Smith and a Paul Gallen on each side to get that hatred back into it!

we have Boyd Cornder, hated by his own people

big hit!

Bench
he played well for the Eels prior to going to the Titans to be fair and was serviceable at best.

Cook and McInnes were still a year away and Api is a bit hit and miss.

Peats had some good years at Souths as a deputy to Luke as well. Didn't want to let him go, but we had Api who practically turned the GF for Souths in 2014, McInnes coming through and then we found Cookie. Why we f**king took Farah off the Tigers hands I don't know but it probably stunted Cooks development by a season.

Being offloaded to GC after Parra's salary cap shit seems to have f**ked Peats up