What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Pub Guide

Surly's is a great pub, cracking burgers and american style bar food.

Never watched a game there, give us a review anyone who does.

I watch games there all the time. No commentary but the tunes are great and they will switch on the tv nearest to your seat.

It's a fun place.

You have to make sure you book a table in the bar area though. Upstairs doesn't have TVs.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Singapore Boomarang Sports Bar and Grill. Heaving and great atmosphere for origin.

On weekends had around 10 HD tvs and so you can separate yourself from the Victorians and their melees and watch your game in peace.

Food ok but pricey but that is Singapore.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ended up in some dodgy place called star bar on George street, big screen and good atmosphere but had the weirdest decor! A planet of the apes monkey and something I can only describe as a very poor look a like naked, bar a vine, Sylvester Stallone mannequin lol!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Singapore Boomarang Sports Bar and Grill. Heaving and great atmosphere for origin.

On weekends had around 10 HD tvs and so you can separate yourself from the Victorians and their melees and watch your game in peace.

Food ok but pricey but that is Singapore.

Every bar is pricey in Singapore! The Irish pub in Clarke quay normally has nrl games on as well.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Watched SOO in Seville Spain at the Irish bar on the river over near one of the 2 Bridges. Was a few Aussies in there. Anywhere in Europe that has Sky Sports on their menu really. Pissed by 2pm winning!

Ended up in some dodgy place called star bar on George street, big screen and good atmosphere but had the weirdest decor! A planet of the apes monkey and something I can only describe as a very poor look a like naked, bar a vine, Sylvester Stallone mannequin lol!
I don't know but could that have been the old Planet Hollywood?
Same address. Some left over memorabilia

adamkungl

Immortal
One to avoid in AUCKLAND

DfIM4MuUcAAD-GN.jpg:large

adamkungl

Immortal

Ha. Star Bar, Sydney City's biggest, best, and cheapest shithole.

adamkungl

Immortal
OP list updated with some good responses for Sydney.
Other places later.

There are lots of other responses but I'd like more details on them...specifically: Sound on? Do they show all NRL games? Decent sized screens?

Help me narrow these down.. still looking for the mythical Best CBD Pub that satisfies the above critiera

CBD+Surry Hills
Aurora
Harts Pub
Helm Bar
Shellbourne
Aurora
Dove & Olive
Keg & Brew
Dolphin
Surlys
Sweeneys
Office
PJs Criterion

Sydney East
Sheaf Hotel, Double Bay
Lord Nelson, Bondi Junction

Inner West
Vic on the Park
Coopers Arms
Kellys
Erko
Golden Barley Enmore

Cronulla
Northies

Lidcombe
Lidcombe hotel, big screen

South/Hurstville
Meridian Hotel
Ritz
Allawah
Oatley

South West/Bankstown
The Mill

Campbeltown Camden
Crown Hotel
Camden Hotel
Gregory Hills
Wests Leagues Campbeltown

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why didn’t he take the advice of locals who posted numerous good pubs in here? :information_desk_person_tone2:♂️

Because weather delayed flight getting in, taxi driver was a league fan and put his foot down so I could get into the hotel and quickly out in time bless him. Then it was a case of first place I came across as it was kicking off time. Just made it lol.

Timbo

Staff member
I watch games there all the time. No commentary but the tunes are great and they will switch on the tv nearest to your seat.

It's a fun place.

You have to make sure you book a table in the bar area though. Upstairs doesn't have TVs.

A friend of mine got yelled at by the barman at Surlys for cheering too loud during the 6pm game a few months ago. We up sticks and walked to the Shakespeare which was packed with league fans - another great league pub.

I don’t know if it’s been brought up, but I’m currently at the Newmarket Hotel in Mascot for a friends birthday drink. This place wins hands down. It has multiple massive plasmas, a projector in the front bar (where they keep the blinds down and it’s crystal clear) and the cherry on top is an enormous sportsground replay board sized video screen in the beer garden. All HD, sound on loud in the front bar and beer garden.

Latest posts