What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R14 - Raiders 22-23 Panthers @ GIO

Round 14: Raiders v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
... and yeah OP, Anasta is an absolute arseclown.

it's the Fox way in having one commentator vying for each side. Channel nine also have adopted this method. Even if your side is getting done like a dinner,giving fans encouraging hope keeps some watching. And that is what the sponsors want.

mxlegend99

Referee
Spent sparodic moments making tea during the game. After watching it fully again,I humbly concurr with your point.
I think he's still a bit off 2017 form. But that looked much more like him.

I hope he plays more like that for NSW too. We dont want him turning into Woodsy.

TheFrog

Coach
At risk of getting slammed....

TheFrog's Player Ratings

Watene-Zelezniak 6
Crichton 6
Peachey 7
Whare 6
Phillips 5
Maloney 7
Cleary 6
Merrin 7
Katoa 6
Campbell-Gillard 8
Harawira-Naera 6
Yeo 6
Fisher-Harris 6

Egan 5
Ellis 4
Kikau 5
Tamou 7

OldPanther

Coach
At risk of getting slammed....

TheFrog's Player Ratings

Watene-Zelezniak 6
Crichton 6
Peachey 7
Whare 6
Phillips 5
Maloney 7
Cleary 6
Merrin 7
Katoa 6
Campbell-Gillard 8
Harawira-Naera 6
Yeo 6
Fisher-Harris 6

Egan 5
Ellis 4
Kikau 5
Tamou 7

Slammed with all the agreement maybe. Definitely down a bit and your ratings reflect that.

GongPanther

Referee
I think he's still a bit off 2017 form. But that looked much more like him.

I hope he plays more like that for NSW too. We dont want him turning into Woodsy.
Not to mention Tim Grant. That big take the ball up from the kick-off in SOO 1 a few years ago,then hardly a blip on the map. But to Grant's credit,he is making a good fist of if in the reserve grade.

GongPanther

Referee
Such promise 24 hour League channel had... Yet give us garbage mostly
They give us constant reruns of particular programming adnausium,which in turn allows them more ad breaks per hour. If anyone thought we were going to get a channel with wall to wall football matches,past and present with the odd talky show,we are left somewhat again abandoned.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I would give my Raiders ratings but it is just depressing so Josh Papalii gets a 8 and the rest best not think about.

GongPanther

Referee
I would give my Raiders ratings but it is just depressing so Josh Papalii gets a 8 and the rest best not think about.
To be brutally honest,Canberra should have won fair and square. The refs managed to screw things up again,as it happened to us v Dogs.

TheFrog

Coach
To be brutally honest,Canberra should have won fair and square. The refs managed to screw things up again,as it happened to us v Dogs.
Hmmmm....you saw the Rapana try? To be honest we were a bit lucky to get away with a down performance, but thats not the same as saying the Raiders should have won.

GongPanther

Referee
Hmmmm....you saw the Rapana try? To be honest we were a bit lucky to get away with a down performance, but thats not the same as saying the Raiders should have won.
Sure,good teams know how to win,and crap teams know how to lose. They both get used to it. But the ref took those x factors out of the game when he made a bad decision. We were about to lose this game,but thanks to the ref,Canberra lost it instead.

OldPanther

Coach
Sure,good teams know how to win,and crap teams know how to lose. They both get used to it. But the ref took those x factors out of the game when he made a bad decision. We were about to lose this game,but thanks to the ref,Canberra lost it instead.

That's not really accurate in my opinion. Raiders got things in their favour. Neither team won or lost on the ref.