What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ISP Rd 14 v Sea Eagles via Blacktown Workers

1 Watson HELETA2 Harrison O'TOOLE3 Braden ROBSON4 Leighton TALI5 Lucas PRICE6 Tyson GAMBLE7 Pita GODINET8 Jacob FELISE9 Jacob LIDDLE10 Sauaso SUE11 Christopher MCQUEEN12 (c) Luke GARNER13 Bayley SIRONEN

Reserves
14 J. RATUVAKACEREIVALU15 Cowen EPERE16 Patrice SIOLO18 Matthew MCILWRICK

Tiger05

First Grade
Liddle was good. Emma Lawrence stated that the tigers were playing him in reserve grade until he can go 80 minutes. I'm pretty sure he played 80 today as well.

I reckon Felise is a quality prop as well. We shouldn't even be considering Woods. I reckon our middle forward rotation is good.

Rochow was also decent on the right edge. McQueen was on the right edge as well but did nothing.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Liddle was good. Emma Lawrence stated that the tigers were playing him in reserve grade until he can go 80 minutes. I'm pretty sure he played 80 today as well.

I reckon Felise is a quality prop as well. We shouldn't even be considering Woods. I reckon our middle forward rotation is good.

Rochow was also decent on the right edge. McQueen was on the right edge as well but did nothing.
I’m glad to read ur observation re Felise’s efforts in today’s game coz I’ve always rated this kid.Btw it’s deadset inconceivable that we would consider the return of the gump Shazza to Concord !

26 to 18 win, 5 tries 3.

Tyson GAMBLE (7m)
Braden ROBSON (13m)
Braden ROBSON (17m)
Harrison O'TOOLE (47m)
Braden ROBSON (62m)

According to the nswrl stats Tiger05, Liddle didn't go on until the 27th minute, he was listed (final) to start on the bench even though he wore the 9.

Tiger05

First Grade
26 to 18 win, 5 tries 3.

Tyson GAMBLE (7m)
Braden ROBSON (13m)
Braden ROBSON (17m)
Harrison O'TOOLE (47m)
Braden ROBSON (62m)

According to the nswrl stats Tiger05, Liddle didn't go on until the 27th minute, he was listed (final) to start on the bench even though he wore the 9.

That sounds right. I missed a chunk of the first half. To be honest that is probably why he looked good. He has been struggling in firsts. Still he can play.

Tiger05

First Grade
I’m glad to read ur observation re Felise’s efforts in today’s game coz I’ve always rated this kid.Btw it’s deadset inconceivable that we would consider the return of the gump Shazza to Concord !

I've always rated him as well. I reckon he deserves a shot but I have no idea who you'd drop. I'd honestly drop Packer on form but he has been great for us a couple of times this year.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I’m an old Magpie but I just can not get enthused by this idea that the ISP Cup team be the Magpies.

It’s so wrong on many levels like playing a home game at Leichhardt Oval today.

Please, please it has to be Wests Tigers

f**k off, you should be excommunicated.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I've always rated him as well. I reckon he deserves a shot but I have no idea who you'd drop. I'd honestly drop Packer on form but he has been great for us a couple of times this year.

Just when I believe you might know a very little about rugby league, you come out with this crap.

In-form Western Suburbs five-eighth Tyson Gamble has turned in a starring performance to lead the Magpies to a 26-18 win over the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles in the sides' Round 14 Intrust Super Premiership NSW clash.

Scoring the match's first try before having a hand in three of the Magpies' other four-pointers, Gamble lead from the front, as outside back Braden Robson crossed for a treble in the eight-point win.

Morning drizzle ensured handling was tough for both sides, but with both teams fresh up from a Round 13 Bye, fatigue was no excuse.

Despite falling on the afternoon, it was the Workers Sea Eagles who were first to post points – Joey Lussick finishing off a Cade Cust bust to cross for a well-worked team try, under the posts.

Jackson Hastings made light work of the ensuing conversation, as Blacktown went out 6-0.

Three tries in a 10-minute window had the 'home' side well on top – five-eighth Tyson Gamble playing a lead role in quickly turning the six-point deficit into a 10-point lead.

Deep on the attack, Gamble kicked – looking for the in-goal area – but a fortunate ricochet had the Steeden back in his arms and over the line before Blacktown had a chance to react. Gamble converted his own try to level the scores at 6-apiece.

Full of energy on the back of points, the Magpies marched up field and again it was Gamble's boot which provided points.

As he had intended to earlier, Gamble rolled the ball behind the Blacktown try line, and an error by Blacktown fullback Jade Anderson gifted Braden Robson a try. Again, Gamble converted to send the scoreline to 12-6, Magpies the better.

Robson soon had a double when Gamble dinked a chipping kick over the Blacktown defensive line, the bounce a perfect one for the makeshift centre to score.

The No.6 couldn't add the extras from wide out, ensuring the Magpies maintained their 16-6 advantage, 18 minutes played.

Needing a spark, it was the Workers Sea Eagles' Cust who again turned provider. Taking on the Magpies' defensive line deep into the tackle count, Cust kicked long towards the try line, and it was Blacktown centre Tevita Funa first to the ball to score a much-needed try.

Hastings converted, lessening the deficit to just four points, as the sides returned to the sheds with 40 minutes behind them.

Western Suburbs returned to action and, disappointed with letting Blacktown score in the shadows of half-time, set out to build upon their lead – and that they did, courtesy of winger Harry O'Toole who finished a short-side raid.

O'Toole proved too quick and too strong to muscle his way in for points, having collected a catch-and-pass from his inside man Toni Tali, who in turn received possession from hooker Jacob Liddle's darting run.

Gamble couldn't add the extras from out wide, kicking into an at-times swirling breeze in Sydney's inner-west, and the score remained 20-12.

Gamble's miss mattered little though, as the Magpies built upon their lead when Robson went in for his third try of the afternoon.

Robson's hat-trick was sealed with thanks in no small part to Gamble and fullback Lucas Price, who linked with passes to create space for their outside man.

Gamble slotted the goal from the sideline, taking the score to 26-12 with 18 minutes to play.

A late consolation try to Blacktown prop FJ Muala cut the full-time margin to eight, with Western Suburbs moving to within two competition points of ladder-leaders Mounties, who themselves enjoy a Bye in Round 14.

macnaz

Staff member
He is a bit on the small side... i guess no smaller than Thompson i suppose , but that would dictate where he could play

Some stats and in light of discussion re No 9 in NRL:

McIlwrick (started in No 9 role)
57 minutes, 20 tackles, missed tackles 0, ineffective tackles 4,
4 runs - 35 metres - dummy half runs 0 - line breaks 0 - tackle breaks 1

Liddle
52 minutes, 33 tackles, missed tackles 1, ineffective tackles 1,
7 runs - 80 metres - dummy half runs 6 - line breaks 0 - tackle breaks 1

make of it, what you want ;)

Tiger05

First Grade
I've seen McIlwrick in reserves and I can understand not promoting him to firsts. He hasn't been good. Liddle is heaps better.

I can though understand the coaching staff not picking Liddle. He has been all over the place. We need him to be consistent throughout the game and ideally ply 80 minutes. If he does that we will be a much much better team.

ISP Team of the Week

3 – BRADEN ROBSON
CLUB: WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES; 2018 TOTW SELECTIONS: 2.

Three tries, 103 total metres, one line-break, three tackle-breaks.

6 – TYSON GAMBLE

One try, 68 total metres, one try-assist, 288 total kick-metres, 19 tackles.

8 – JJ FELISE

170 total metres, 67 post-contact metres, 21 tackles.

13 – ROBBIE ROCHOW
CLUB: WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES; 2018 TOTW SELECTIONS: 1.

145 total metres, 60 post-contact metres, two tackle-breaks, 19 tackles.