What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Eels v Cowboys - Live Game day thread

Bazal

Post Whore
To be honest from what I seen tonight, French is a better dummy half in attack than Mahoney at this present time.

And that's the end of the slim credibility fairweather Chippy had....

One of the funniest things I have ever read on LU. Kudos, if that was your intent.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I was referring more to Mahoney's passing ability...Actually I'd feel more confident with every other player in the 17 tonight except for Terepo and Alvaro that they'd be better at passing out of dummy half.

His passing stuff ups were from tiredness, requires a massive fitness base to play hooker. Don’t forget not only are hookers expected to be ready in each attacking play they are also expected to work hard in defence!! It was his first game and I guarantee nothing can prepare you for the speed of the NRL!! It was his first game FFS!! He won’t be perfect!!

I suspect you may think Norman, French or co may offer more in attack at dummy half but I reckon after defending a few sets and some passing from dummy half they wouId be f**ken!!

Chipmunk

Coach
And that's the end of the slim credibility fairweather Chippy had....

One of the funniest things I have ever read on LU. Kudos, if that was your intent.

Well I'm certainly not advocating playing French at dummy half if that's what you're getting at.

Chipmunk

Coach
His passing stuff ups were from tiredness, requires a massive fitness base to play hooker. Don’t forget not only are hookers expected to be ready in each attacking play they are also expected to work hard in defence!! It was his first game and I guarantee nothing can prepare you for the speed of the NRL!! It was his first game FFS!! He won’t be perfect!!

I suspect you may think Norman, French or co may offer more in attack at dummy half but I reckon after defending a few sets and some passing from dummy half they wouId be f**ken!!

My comments on Mahoney's passing is probably more tongue-in-cheek...I'm sure he'll do fine in the long run and he can be forgiven for some poor passing tonight. Time will tell.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Once your season is over, what have you got to prove, that you can win games when there is no pressure on you? Most muppets can do that. What does that prove??

This mob at full strength are good enough to win at least half of their remaining games and probably will..but what will they actually gain from that, which is going to mean anything for next season??
Looser.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It was also in Darwin where players fatigue very quickly. The games are always riddled with mistakes.

strider

Post Whore
You're clutching at straws with your 2016 argument... I doubt I'll take a post you do seriously again.
Maybe we should just play the pedantic annoying game of "you arent 100% correct" you are playing .... clearly the last TWO grand final winners did NOT only have 1 dummy half option

strider

Post Whore
Greeting from Hawaii.

Just woke up to the great news! You’re all welcome, i knew I’d leave the country and not be able to see the game and the merkins would win.

Now I’ll get off the plane on Thursday arvo, bust my ass to get to ANZ and they’ll get pumped by Souths.
Ok ... so heres the plan for the rest of the season ...

emjaycee catches a plane the day before the game and tells us all about it
You be in another country
Anyone got anything else? ... not that im supersticious or anything

strider

Post Whore
Well I'll leave you to it any case.
You make a comment how you cant read so many pages of dribble ..... then go on some 3 page mission of being pedantic about what pou said wasnt 100% syntactically correct (even tho the gist of it was spot on) .... f**k me ... people bitch about pou arguing - takes 2 to tango

can you imagine the chaos going on at the telegraph office right now?

okay let's go over the parra bashing articles for next week-
has anyone got new photos of norman on the piss?
where are we at with the maguire coaching rumour? follow that up someone
hayne is back this week we need an article on him being a washed up has-been get on it...

*ring ring*
hello
they WHAT???
at least hayne did nothing right? scored two tries, shit!