What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What an absolute f**kstick.

268974f62bdb9af1513e659a94eabe72

Lots of restaurants/bars I have been to because of Bourdain. I’m not sure he realised how profound his impact was on some people’s lives.

I honestly wouldn't have known the bloke if you introduced me to him. And I spend a lot of time seeking out restaurants and bars.. I'm aware of him, and maybe I saw him on Chef's TAble, but that's about it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I honestly wouldn't have known the bloke if you introduced me to him. And I spend a lot of time seeking out restaurants and bars.. I'm aware of him, and maybe I saw him on Chef's TAble, but that's about it.
Fair enough.

Might not have been for the purists but for people on the fringes who looked at the ‘dining scene’ with derision and contempt, he made it accessible and even trendy.

hindy111

Post Whore
To think it was so simple and this tech savy super smart human missed it.

And here is to your pinky promise

download.jpeg

Gronk

Staff member

Gronk

Staff member
If you dont watch Food or Travel channels on cable, FTA or on airlines, then no surprise.

Fair enough.

Might not have been for the purists but for people on the fringes who looked at the ‘dining scene’ with derision and contempt, he made it accessible and even trendy.

Oh, I didn't consciously avoid his stuff....just never really occurred to me. I guess I also tend to watch a lot more British than US stuff.

Gronk

Staff member

strider

Post Whore
Reading between the lines, said fisherman looks like an absolute tool and the cops probably fined him bc he gave them uncalled for attitude.

Plenty of city parks and CBD precincts have alcohol free zones and are well signed.

So karma is a bitch for idiots.
Yeah i got the impression he probably acted like i dick

I dont know the rules but wouldnt be surprised if there is a rule stopping drinking while rock fishing - dangerous enough at times without having a skinful

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah i got the impression he probably acted like i dick

I dont know the rules but wouldnt be surprised if there is a rule stopping drinking while rock fishing - dangerous enough at times without having a skinful
Very sensible to have alcohol free zones around rock fishing platforms.

Also family areas. This is Bronte beach down the road from me.

images

Gronk

Staff member
It's nanny state rubbish that makes life a bit more miserable for millions of people but keeps a few idiots alive.

The nanny state has developed more out of tort claims where courts have held government liable when idiots have been injured or killed. Councils have no choice but to ban this or that.

To try and stem the growing cost of insurance, they have introduced caps or thresholds for injuries (motor vehicle) but now punters are complaining that they get f**k all if they have suffered from a no fault accident. Hard to keep everyone happy.

The nanny state has developed more out of tort claims where courts have held government liable when idiots have been injured or killed. Councils have no choice but to ban this or that.

To try and stem the growing cost of insurance, they have introduced caps or thresholds for injuries (motor vehicle) but now punters are complaining that they get f**k all if they have suffered from a no fault accident. Hard to keep everyone happy.
Can't the laws be changed so that councils aren't liable?

If Bourdain's missus had have kept her mouth shut then maybe he'd still be around to give try hard foodies something to be trendy about.

Latest posts