What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we genuine contenders??

latemail

Juniors
Take your red and white glasses off and ask yourself the question
We were shit today diabolical against the panthers f**ked against the raiders and south’s yet we find ourselves leading the comp at the half way mark
Our attack is shit one out crap if we don’t improve 100% in the coming weeks we will only be cannon fodder come September
Go the saints let’s lift for the second half of the season I don’t want to wait another 30 years

giboz71

First Grade
Well, Souths, Penrith and the Warriors have been in the top 4 all year. None really strike fear in me and we can beat all 3 on our day. We’ve already beaten the Sharks twice this year as well.

Storm and Roosters look very beatable this year and Eels and Cows who are the other normal favourites are nowhere.

So to answer your question, this comp is wide open, so yes this is one of those years where anyone can win it including us.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We were shit today diabolical against the panthers f**ked against the raiders and south’s yet we find ourselves leading the comp at the half way mark
Our attack is shit one out crap if we don’t improve 100% in the coming weeks we will only be cannon fodder come September
Go the saints let’s lift for the second half of the season I don’t want to wait another 30 years
If we’re so shit, why are we no.1?

coastiedragon

Juniors
FFS watch replays off rd1 to rd9 except warrior's game hard up the middle with offloads then go wide with
Hunt-qld-aus
Widdop-pommy
I feel they aren't grabbing the game by the balls please dont f@#k another season

mobels

Juniors
Yes.

Not every team can play there best every week, whilst our form has dropped in the past month we've still won 3/4 of our last few matches. What matters now is racking up wins to make the top 4/8 and peak in the finals.

I'd much rather our form drop now than have it peak in the middle of the season like 2009.

The calm one

Juniors
One thing that really does concern me is the 5 th tackle option btn Hunt &Widdop, arguably the best combination in the game. On numerous occasions this year they have been caught out on the 5th tackle with no plan or options in place. I thought things may have changed today as they were up against an inexperienced opposition halves but it didn’t. It is not a coach thing, they are both internationals so they should have some idea what to do on the fifth tackle. Today they were up against an inexperienced combination. Thank Christ it wasn’t Maloney and Cleary

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think we will win the minor premiership. If we do so, then we are genuine contenders, but anything can happen in any game, let alone finals football. I would not pick any team to win the comp with confidence, but I do think Souths are the team to beat right now.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
On our day we can beat anyone and have proved it on occasions. Its been dull at the moment but if the right changes are made and we have luck with injuries at the end, we will be close. Lets just aim for top four and see what happens.

giboz71

First Grade
I think we will win the minor premiership. If we do so, then we are genuine contenders, but anything can happen in any game, let alone finals football. I would not pick any team to win the comp with confidence, but I do think Souths are the team to beat right now.

We need to keep banking wins against the lesser teams.

We have the easiest draw out of all the top teams. We’ve gotten Souths and Cronulla out of the way for the year as well as games against Storm and Roosters and we are yet to play Eagles, Eels and Cows.

I’m also confident we will beat Warriors at home as well as Penrith.

So unless the season goes to shit, top 4 should be a shoe in.

JDHD

Juniors
Yes, we are. We have a good chance of winning the comp. We haven’t lost more than one in a row so far this year and are well and truly entrenched in the top 4. If we get lucky with injuries, we can win the comp.

Yes. Why?

We lead the comp.
Our only losses have been against Panthers, Souths and Warriors. All away games. With us thats the top 4.
We've beaten all the other sides in the 8. Sharks twice and the Rabbitohs also.
We've only played 1 of the bottom 4 sides so far, the dogs - our main bogey side of late. Didn't play well but we won.

We are leading the comp with all the above. For mine it's well above my level of expectation this year.

And again, yes we are genuine contenders.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Yes we won. Yes we lead the comp. Are we genuine contenders? I'd like to think so. Trouble is the best I have seen from Penrith, Souths, Storm, Warriors and Sharks is better than the best I have seen from us. All those sides can create a genuine backline movement, we just seem to go one out, or sideways, and we rely on individual effort. Its got us a long way in this comp, but it won't be enough to win finals.