What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst experiences/fights at the footy

The scences after that Tigers vs. Dragons semi in 2005 over in the Moore Park car park were pretty bad. I remember an all in where one bloke was on the ground with blood gushing out of all parts of his head.

I heard about that one. Been a few in that car park over the years. The bloody queues to get out must not help

LESStar58

Referee
Went to Dragons vs. Broncos with my aunt, uncle and cousins in 2004 wearing my Storm jersey. Copped some abuse on the way to WIN. Told I had "a lot of nerve showing up with that on"

On the train on the way home a bloke started getting stuck in to me about the 1999 GF and I told him that Harrigan made the right call and that they might have had a premiership if Mundine had passed to Treacey. The car erupts and all of a sudden my uncle pipes up: HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL!?!?! HE'S MY NEPHEW. I HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT THIS ALL THE TIME. AND GUESS WHERE HE WAS BORN? RIVERWOOD! HE'S A f**kING TRAITOR! All the while my aunt was trying to calm him down cos she was afraid I would get killed

Ran in to one the Saints fan who gave me grief in Melbourne a few seasons later and we are still good mates to this day.

Last edited:
Went to Dragons vs. Broncos with my aunt, uncle and cousins in 2004 wearing my Storm jersey. Copped some abuse on the way to WIN. Told I had "a lot of nerve showing up with that on"

On the train on the way home a bloke started getting stuck in to me about the 1999 GF and I told him that Harrigan made the right call and that they might have had a premiership if Mundine had passed to Treacey. The car erupts and all of a sudden my uncle pipes up: HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL!?!?! HE'S MY NEPHEW. I HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT THIS ALL THE TIME. AND GUESS WHERE HE WAS BORN? RIVERWOOD! HE'S A f**kING TRAITOR! All the while my aunt was trying to calm him down cos she was afraid I would get killed

Ran in to one the Saints fan who gave me grief in Melbourne a few seasons later and we are still good mates to this day.

Have to agree, that’s nerve. Why wear a jersey if your team isn’t playing?

WireMan

Bench
How do you think it’ll play out in Russia? I’m expecting some horrific violence in the stands
Yeah, it won't be pleasant. A large group of Russian cowards jumped some Liverpool fans in a restaurant in Kiev at the final.
Expect it to go un reported though. It happens all the time but is always covered up. Harder to do with twitter nowadays though.

Yeah, it won't be pleasant. A large group of Russian cowards jumped some Liverpool fans in a restaurant in Kiev at the final.
Expect it to go un reported though. It happens all the time but is always covered up. Harder to do with twitter nowadays though.

Yuck. I can see Russia playing France in the QF and it being brutal in the stands with the mixed race scenario

Not a really terrible scenario, and it was soccer not RL, but funny none the less. Was at an ACL game between the Wanderers and a Chinese club at Campbelltown. Being a dead rubber group stage game after the A-League season was done and dusted, it was a very small crowd.

Around where the RBB were situated there was barricades (large plastic poles with a thin rope attaching them) down the aisles separating the active bays with the rest. Every 2-3 rows there was a cop watching the fans for any bad behaviour (overkill at it's finest, we are talking a fan to cop ratio of about 10:1 for the bays - 200 fans about 20 cops).

A scuffle in a non-active bay breaks out between a few Wanderers fans and a few Chinese fans. Looks like a yelling match with a bit of shoving. A few of the active fans notice it and start pointing it out to other fans. The police all completely ignore it, because....well...it's not the active fans.

The scuffle drags on for about 2-3 minutes with none of the police looking to see what's going on, about 20-30 active fans have notice it and are trying to get the police to break it up. Over where the drama is happening there's' about 20-30 fans waving at the police to try and get their attention too (obviously concerned it may escalate).

One of the police gets the idea to see what everyone is pointing at, and sees the scuffle and starts charging up the stairs to go and break it up, after 2-3 steps his holster gets caught in the barricade and he face plants on the step. Since so many people are watching at this point he cops it all the way up the stairs and over to the bay.

footy75

Bench
2001 - Panthers v Dogs at Penrith.

An intellectually-disabled Bulldogs fan was being harassed and bullied. They took his glasses off and threw them to the ground before laughing and walking off.

Here's the twist. The fans doing the harassing and bullying were fellow Bulldogs fans!!

what fkn pieces of shit

Smack

Coach
The NSL days, too many to mention

I remember three brawls at Kogarah with dogs fans, one on the hill one behind the posts and near the tunnel. Also one with sharks fans.

I’ve heard some brutal nsl stories

The worst being when Sydney United (Croatians) would go up against Bonnyrigg White Eagles (Serbian). Never personally saw it, but apparently there were a few games there that were close to being called off as everyone on the hill was fighting, flares were being thrown at each other and so on. That hatred runs deep...pretty sure it’s still the same today

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Not a really terrible scenario, and it was soccer not RL, but funny none the less. Was at an ACL game between the Wanderers and a Chinese club at Campbelltown. Being a dead rubber group stage game after the A-League season was done and dusted, it was a very small crowd.

Around where the RBB were situated there was barricades (large plastic poles with a thin rope attaching them) down the aisles separating the active bays with the rest. Every 2-3 rows there was a cop watching the fans for any bad behaviour (overkill at it's finest, we are talking a fan to cop ratio of about 10:1 for the bays - 200 fans about 20 cops).

A scuffle in a non-active bay breaks out between a few Wanderers fans and a few Chinese fans. Looks like a yelling match with a bit of shoving. A few of the active fans notice it and start pointing it out to other fans. The police all completely ignore it, because....well...it's not the active fans.

The scuffle drags on for about 2-3 minutes with none of the police looking to see what's going on, about 20-30 active fans have notice it and are trying to get the police to break it up. Over where the drama is happening there's' about 20-30 fans waving at the police to try and get their attention too (obviously concerned it may escalate).

One of the police gets the idea to see what everyone is pointing at, and sees the scuffle and starts charging up the stairs to go and break it up, after 2-3 steps his holster gets caught in the barricade and he face plants on the step. Since so many people are watching at this point he cops it all the way up the stairs and over to the bay.
Did bourbon beccy then write about how much trouble the active fans were causing the next day?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Another Sydney soccer one.

In the mid 1980s, a bunch of us played All Age for Penshurst West versus Qantas (100% Lebanese team) in a semi final at Renown Park, Oatley. We were leading 2-1 early in the first half when one their players hacked down a forward and was promptly sent off. The only problem is he didn't want to leave the field and then lashed out at the ref with his boots.

Several hundred Qantas supporters invaded the field and the ref and linesmen ran for their lives. Pandemonium broke out with our supporters following suit to protect our players. Multiple brawls broke out and one Lebanese dude decided a wooden corner post would make a good weapon. Or thought so.

He smashed the post over the neck of one of our player's father. It shattered and the Lebbo ran for his life. Trouble was the father was one the hardest Kings Cross bouncers in the 1960s and 70s. I watched as old Sid followed this guy through the brawls casually until BOOM!

Sid lifted this 100 kg + dude off the ground with one punch, shattering his jaw by the looks of it. He didn't move. Sid just stood nearby holding his hand which was subsequently broken. After years of bouncing, he never copped an injury.

The competition was declared null and void with both teams banned from playing soccer anywhere in Australia for 12 months. The incident even made news on the inside of the back page of the now defunct Daily Mirror.

Goes to prove you don't f**k with Riverwood people.

Foz

Bench
1976 Grand Final.
Sitting towards the bottom of the hill.
Guy sitting a few yards away closer to the bottom of the SCG hill yells abuse at the supporters further up the hill.
He the proceeds to throw a can up the hill.
I was in the middle and felt the breeze of a full beer can whiz past my ear as the crowd at the top started showering cans back at the bloke.
I had one of those old foam eskys and took shelter under it and basically was waiting to be hit.
A number of cans hit the esky and it split in a few places but thankfully could still act as a shield from the cans.
After about a minute By some miracle the cops intervened and the shower of cans ceased.The esky ended up like foam hanging off a rope.
The guy who hurled the abuse was hit with blood pouring from his head.
He was lucky.I couldn’t say how many times he got hit as I had my head down worrying about myself but if the crowds aim was any good he would’ve been dead.
Learnt a few lessons that day but you don’t have to be Einstein to work out you don’t throw cans up the hill.
The other thing was the amount of idiots that threw full beer cans.
What a waste.

Perth Red

Post Whore
1976 Grand Final.
Sitting towards the bottom of the hill.
Guy sitting a few yards away closer to the bottom of the SCG hill yells abuse at the supporters further up the hill.
He the proceeds to throw a can up the hill.
I was in the middle and felt the breeze of a full beer can whiz past my ear as the crowd at the top started showering cans back at the bloke.
I had one of those old foam eskys and took shelter under it and basically was waiting to be hit.
A number of cans hit the esky and it split in a few places but thankfully could still act as a shield from the cans.
After about a minute By some miracle the cops intervened and the shower of cans ceased.The esky ended up like foam hanging off a rope.
The guy who hurled the abuse was hit with blood pouring from his head.
He was lucky.I couldn’t say how many times he got hit as I had my head down worrying about myself but if the crowds aim was any good he would’ve been dead.
Learnt a few lessons that day but you don’t have to be Einstein to work out you don’t throw cans up the hill.
The other thing was the amount of idiots that threw full beer cans.
What a waste.

haha, great story. You should always concede to an opponent on higher ground!Star-Wars-Anakin-and-Obi-Wan-fight-942765.jpg

McLovin

Staff member
2c2n1n.jpg

Did bourbon beccy then write about how much trouble the active fans were causing the next day?

She was gone by then, I'm sure Allan Jones or someone may have had a crack. The game was so low key though I doubt any mainstream media knew it was on.

Latest posts