What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael McGuire - Kiwis coach

Mighty Ape Man

Juniors
Also very disappointed that Packer and Matulino won't be there but not a huge surprise either. Glad they are going so well for their club.

shinobi

Juniors
Now that taumalolo has recommited to tonga can the kiwis please stop asking him? Its gotten embarrassing like when your ex has moved on to bigger and better things but you keep begging for her to come back. Lame. Move on nzrl.

shinobi

Juniors
And another one with Addin Fonua Blake:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...t-for-addin-fonuablake-as-tonga-wins-tugofwar

"Obviously I'm more Tongan than Kiwi."

Why are we even picking players who have this attitude?

Tongan team is looking even more dangerous now, we need to be playing more tests against them, Samoa and Fiji. 4 way series during origin period would be some awesome matchups and would mean Rabs and Gould can shuttup about origin featuring the 34 best players in the world.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Matt Parish, Samoan coach, saying today that he is expecting to lose Leeson Ah Mau and Raymond Faitaler-Mariner to the Kiwis.

And another one with Addin Fonua Blake:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...t-for-addin-fonuablake-as-tonga-wins-tugofwar

"Obviously I'm more Tongan than Kiwi."

Why are we even picking players who have this attitude?

Tongan team is looking even more dangerous now, we need to be playing more tests against them, Samoa and Fiji. 4 way series during origin period would be some awesome matchups and would mean Rabs and Gould can shuttup about origin featuring the 34 best players in the world.

It all (including Origin) needs to be after the NRL is finished and each team played each other once. But good luck getting that done.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It all (including Origin) needs to be after then NRL is finished and each team played each other once. But good luck getting that done.

NRL cut down to 22 rounds, expanded to 18 teams to maintain same number of games.

The 3 weeks removed from the season gives us 3 origin standalone weekends. That allow space for a 4 way tourament where the teams can play each other once.

Won't happen because NRL, but it could be done.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Has SJ played under McGuire? Because he has to be back in Kiwis contention this year.
Definitely, he played 7 tests under McGuire in 2018-2019 and my recollection is he was particularly prominent in wins at Mt Smart against Australia and Tonga.

Obviously we didn’t play any tests between 2019 and 2022, and by last year it was pretty clear that Brown and Hughes were the best options. I certainly wouldn’t have thought that there were any issues between SJ and McGuire though.

Latest posts