What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
If you pay out a retiring players salary in any way/shape/form then i reckon it should stay on that years cap .... unless via the indpendently assessed medially induced thingy

I think a breach of contract termination should come off the cap, but I think everything else should stay unless it's a medical retirement

Glenneel

Bench
I think he means the player that was struggling to come to grips with the fact that he could be permanently disabled from injuries caused playing professional sport for our club. Disabled to the extent that he would wake up some days with headaches that would last 2-3 days. Disabled to the extent that at times we was unable to drive, or to lift his children up... this guy should have been booted out of the club with no duty of care shown cause he was taking up a spot on our playing roster and sucking up our cap.
What a stupid post.

He should have been medically retired immediately so that he couldn't play again, which some players want to despite their injuries. He would have received his full pay under his contract, the club would have been reimbursed, and he would have received any medical assistance required. That is duty of care!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You think it's better to force a bloke to retire rather than letting him realise his means of providing for his family is over?

Have you considered what it would be like to be in your early 30s and be told your earning capacity has just been cut in half (or less). His oldest kid is only five FFS.

Bazal

Post Whore
What a stupid post.

He should have been medically retired immediately so that he couldn't play again, which some players want to despite their injuries. He would have received his full pay under his contract, the club would have been reimbursed, and he would have received any medical assistance required. That is duty of care!

You're a f**king idiot.

hybrideel

Bench
What a stupid post.

What a stupid post.
How do you know the club had the right to medically retire him immediately. I am sure they have due process to go through with a series of tests, 2nd opinions etc. all before they were within their right to tell him that his footy career is over.
Given it is his and his families livelihood, i am sure he explored every possibility available to him before that final decision was made.That all takes time

Gronk

Staff member
What a stupid post.
How do you know the club had the right to medically retire him immediately. I am sure they have due process to go through with a series of tests, 2nd opinions etc. all before they were within their right to tell him that his footy career is over.
Given it is his and his families livelihood, i am sure he explored every possibility available to him before that final decision was made.That all takes time

Plus we already have a matter whereby Brett Horsnell is allegedly suing the club for duty of care issues regarding consussion.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/b...s/news-story/ce6224d00338fa39fed03da105bcf51d

The board and the NRL would have taken a very measured approach with IDG.

Captain BF

Juniors

emjaycee

Coach
What a stupid post.

I know... how dumb were his doctors for telling him that concussions take time to heal and they weren't prepared to make a medical decision either way.

How dumb were the same Doctors to let him resume training and then tell him to stop and give his recovery longer when he got headaches doing the stuff they said he was good to do.

Bloody medical professionals suck.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What a stupid post.
‘Start the process’ immediately is probably the better choice of words. Irrespective I agree with the sentiment expressed by @Glenneel. It’s a sensitive issue but when it directly impacts your club you need to be compassionate, but decisive.

Besides, based on the expert evidence provided by @emjaycee there is no doubt it would have sailed through without an issue.

emjaycee

Coach
My evidence wasnt 'expert' evidence, it was simply garnered from having 2 lengthy chats with Isaac at the Club at various times and from less lengthy chats at games where i would ask him how he was feeling and progressing.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
My evidence wasnt 'expert' evidence, it was simply garnered from having 2 lengthy chats with Isaac at the Club at various times and from less lengthy chats at games where i would ask him how he was feeling and progressing.
I know it wasn't expert evidence but clearly you were suggesting that something was wrong. Unless you were bullshitting?

I'm sure you weren't, so with that in mind, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect the Parramatta club to resolve the issue ASAP in a way that benefits both the club and Isaac.

If it was anyone other @Glenneel that made the comment it wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the amount of criticism that it did.

Stevie

Bench
You think it's better to force a bloke to retire rather than letting him realise his means of providing for his family is over?

Have you considered what it would be like to be in your early 30s and be told your earning capacity has just been cut in half (or less). His oldest kid is only five FFS.

I had the same shocking revelation when I snapped my cock.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Does anyone think IDG's retirement was something the club could unilaterally enforce? He finished 2016 (scoring two tries in his final game) and trained through the next pre-season. I'm sure he saw 2017 as an opportunity to win another contract somewhere.