What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

I'd challenge the first bit with two words, "Dirk" and "Nannes"

The second is fair as a listener but probably a disincentive as a sporting body
Far fewer dickheads on the ABC cricket coverage and it's much more in tune with the game itself, ie mostly relaxed. The MMM coverage has a bunch of loudmouths who seem to be trying to big up the game and crack locker room jokes.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Far fewer dickheads on the ABC cricket coverage and it's much more in tune with the game itself, ie mostly relaxed. The MMM coverage has a bunch of loudmouths who seem to be trying to big up the game and crack locker room jokes.
Mostly relaxed = send virtually everyone to sleep.

Cricket is at a crossroads. Test cricket is an irrelevance and the game is struggling overall. If they are serious about remaining a viable commodity, then moving on from some of the boring antiquated aspects isn't really a bad thing.

Better to upset a few nostalgic traditionalists than continue to alienate a large percentage of the population.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Meh. I thought the ABC coverage was well average last I listened, apart from one or two standouts.

A lot of people I know are getting outraged but can't offer anything but "tradition" as a reason for ABC to keep the rights tbh. That's not a valid reason.

well as I said in the cricket forum, way too many unanswered questions here

that article does not say why the ABC is being excluded

it also doesn't address how Crocmedia will be able to provide coverage in regional Australia where the ABC already provides coverage and Crocmedia currently doesn't

methinks something stinks here

Croc may outbid the ABC but a lot of regional listeners may miss out here and I dont see this as being in CAs best interest but hey, Sutherland does shit like this

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
FFS ... who changed the thread title ... we are playing england ffs ... hello! Ashes!

Don't you walk thru my words
You got to show some respect
Don't you walk thru my words
`Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Mostly relaxed = send virtually everyone to sleep.

Cricket is at a crossroads. Test cricket is an irrelevance and the game is struggling overall. If they are serious about remaining a viable commodity, then moving on from some of the boring antiquated aspects isn't really a bad thing.

Better to upset a few nostalgic traditionalists than continue to alienate a large percentage of the population.
I'm talking about the which coverage I prefer. You're talking about the future of cricket. Test cricket on the radio is a background thing, and I prefer the way the ABC does it.

strider

Post Whore
Reynolds was offside at the kick .... is the 10m he needs to be away a drect line? On 10m across the field?

Gronk

Staff member
There is a one day match vs England on Sat night at 7pm.

The same time as the Socceroos match.

Latest posts