What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
But how many exactly does he need to string together three times?
BA wants him match fit and play 5 or 6 in a row. That goal will allow the club to see if a) his body can hold up to the vigors of footy and b) if he has the drive anymore.

As much as he produced the goods in the NT, shirt off he was carrying weight compared to his Jan Feb shredded appearance. That suggests to me that he doesn’t watch his diet whilst in rehab although I am sure that the footy staff would be in players ears about diet every day. It doesn’t mean that he cant cut it anymore, but to me it is a small indicator of his dedication.

strider

Post Whore
BA wants him match fit and play 5 or 6 in a row. That goal will allow the club to see if a) his body can hold up to the vigors of footy and b) if he has the drive anymore.

As much as he produced the goods in the NT, shirt off he was carrying weight compared to his Jan Feb shredded appearance. That suggests to me that he doesn’t watch his diet whilst in rehab although I am sure that the footy staff would be in players ears about diet every day. It doesn’t mean that he cant cut it anymore, but to me it is a small indicator of his dedication.
He needs gutho on the case

hybrideel

Bench
I don't think you can really compare pre season body structure to now. Especially for someone who has been on the injured list for nearly 3 months of the season. They would concentrate a lot more on fitness in pre season where during the season it would be mostly planning for each game with a fitness top up

Gronk

Staff member
Breaking: Reserve Grade coach is selling his house.
freakout.gif

Gronk

Staff member
Eels launch internal probe into horror season

The Parramatta board is about to face its first big test after tasking itself with the responsibility of reviewing the club’s dismal season.

The Eels hierarchy had given some consideration to engaging an independent consultant to conduct the probe into a team languishing in last spot on the ladder. However, the directors decided they had the necessary experience to handle the task themselves and have begun a sweeping review of all facets of the football operation.

While such reviews are often viewed as a justification to punt the coach, it’s understood Brad Arthur - while under intense pressure after a 3-12 start to the season - isn’t currently in the firing line. Suggestions that Wayne Bennett, or other potential coaching replacements, have been sounded out are off the mark.

The review will determine whether Arthur has the necessary support and resources required to succeed and will benchmark Parramatta’s football department with that of other clubs at the NRL.

The board, installed after its predecessors were sacked by the NSW Government over the salary cap scandal, will be judged on the outcomes of the probe. Several Parramatta directors will have oversight on the project according to their skill sets, but it’s understood Jim Sarantinos will play a lead role. A qualified chartered accountant, Sarantinos has extensive experience in restructuring businesses as a partner at Ferrier Hodgson.

Interviews with key football department staff began on Tuesday and will continue throughout the week in bid to identify if there are any gaps that need to be filled.

One of the issues that has surfaced is whether the club needs a head of football. Eels CEO Bernie Gurr currently has that role and the review will establish whether he should continue in the role and the reporting lines need to be altered.

The review comes at a critical time in Parramatta’s history. The club has a thriving leagues club, a big junior nursery and will next year unveil a brand new home stadium that will be genuinely world class. The Eels should be a league superpower akin to the Broncos but have made only one finals appearance in the past nine years, making them the NRL’s biggest underperformers.

Despite a top-four finish last season, it has been acknowledged internally that the playing roster needs to be overhauled. The futures of several contracted stars - including Corey Norman and Michael Jennings - will be discussed as part of the process.

The Eels have also lost many of their best young juniors, the majority now playing for Manly or the Sea Eagles feeder club Blacktown. The way the club identifies young talent, as well as senior retention and recruitment, will be an area that is heavily scrutinised

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/eels-launch-internal-probe-into-horror-season-20180619-p4zmgd.html

El Diablo

Post Whore
The Eels hierarchy had given some consideration to engaging an independent consultant to conduct the probe into a team languishing in last spot on the ladder. However, the directors decided they had the necessary experience to handle the task themselves
lol

a Clayton's review