What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Would You Take Back

How could we forget macnaz,

He kept The Fox out because of his: blinding speed, ability to break tackles, his one on one defence, his covering tackles, ability to help his forwards work it out from the goal line, ability to roam and run off those short passes from Woods, catch the high ball as good as anyone in the AFL. His ability to step off left or right foot, chip and chase....have I forgotten anything?

Trollhammaren

Juniors
How could we forget macnaz,

He kept The Fox out because of his: blinding speed, ability to break tackles, his one on one defence, his covering tackles, ability to help his forwards work it out from the goal line, ability to roam and run off those short passes from Woods, catch the high ball as good as anyone in the AFL. His ability to step off left or right foot, chip and chase....have I forgotten anything?

He could also kick goals 10m out right in front of the posts at a rock-solid 40% strike rate too.

One of WT's finest.

It just goes to show that some of these so called experts at clubs have no idea when it comes to recognising talent,now to think we could of had a possible back three of Ted,Koro and Jac.

gordsy

Juniors
It just goes to show that some of these so called experts at clubs have no idea when it comes to recognising talent,now to think we could of had a possible back three of Ted,Koro and Jac.
From memory it was mentioned here and else where that Korro was let go due to Issues off the field. Think white ribbon...

Crazyperpman

Juniors

Guys like Koroibete and Addo-Carr were let go because the cap had been so poorly managed and the club knew they would struggle to keep the group of youngsters coming thru.

What the club didn't know was the youngsters were poorly managed merkins who would bail first sign of decent money or opportunity elsewhere.

The one that hurts the most at the moment is probably Addo-Carr due to the fact that he genuinely wanted to stay and the amount of money he wanted was not greedy or even what he was worth based on the potential he had shown.

Teddy was great the other night, but the Roosters can have him. Awesome player but average human.

Tiger05

First Grade
Guys like Koroibete and Addo-Carr were let go because the cap had been so poorly managed and the club knew they would struggle to keep the group of youngsters coming thru.

What the club didn't know was the youngsters were poorly managed merkins who would bail first sign of decent money or opportunity elsewhere.

The one that hurts the most at the moment is probably Addo-Carr due to the fact that he genuinely wanted to stay and the amount of money he wanted was not greedy or even what he was worth based on the potential he had shown.

Teddy was great the other night, but the Roosters can have him. Awesome player but average human.

Yes I can't stand the Turd. JAC seems a lot more likeable. My 7 yo son loves JAC. He was a big loss.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Additionally the very likeable JAC was a tigers fan growing up.

Yep totally agree about the dickhead turd.He belongs at a soulless & detestable club like the bondi effluent.

Tiger05

First Grade
In regards to JAC I am disappointed he left though I can't blame him going to Melbourne to play with those guys down there, I mean who wouldn't

Me with no problems at all. The club though didn't handle the situation well. They should have locked him up as soon as it was obvious how good he was.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Me with no problems at all. The club though didn't handle the situation well. They should have locked him up as soon as it was obvious how good he was.

From JAC’s position at he time, he was probably like do I stay here and cop a spray from the brat when he throws a ball at my feet or do I go south and learn from the best? I know what I would choose. Its a shame that what eventuated with Cleary coming on board and the way he handled the “LOL” 3 didn’t happen 12 months earlier.

macnaz

Staff member
Hear The roorters are circling Woods for next season. The guy is a dick and overrated ...BUT still is a quality front rower. Australian and NSW rep ... so yeah that makes sense the cheats will just squeeze him in under their gigantic cap .. fmd !!

macnaz

Staff member
Great news to read that a leopard doesn’t change its spots re Suli getting dropped for missing training again !
No he missed going to NZ with the team .. haha the dropkick couldnt find his passport .

Hear The roorters are circling Woods for next season. The guy is a dick and overrated ...BUT still is a quality front rower. Australian and NSW rep ... so yeah that makes sense the cheats will just squeeze him in under their gigantic cap .. fmd !!

Wonder how they're fitting him in while chasing Taupau as well?

Interesting reading about Darren Nicholls yesterday. A Tigers junior, Holy Cross Ryde old boy.

Good on him, you can't hold onto them forever but some guys do take a while to get there.

From 2008 to 2009, Nicholls played for the Wests Tigers' NYC team, before graduating to their New South Wales Cup team, Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers in 2010.

Nicholls has been waiting for his chance for a decade after playing with the Tigers in 2008.

He played two years in France before returning to play for Wyong, had a season with Souths in 2013, joined the Broncos in 2014, linked again with the Rabbitohs in 2015 and moved back to Brisbane in 2016 before playing for Penrith in 2017.

"It's been a journey for me," he said. "I played Under 20s at the Tigers and had one year of reserves at the Tigers, then spent two years over in France, playing there, and have been in the Broncos system, at the Panthers and also Souths, then here [Dragons]."

Latest posts