What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2KY & The Big Sports Breakfast

Whino

Bench
Horse racing is just an unfortunate bi product of the station the show is on. Sunday is 10000 x worse with Ray Thomas. Zzzzzz fest. Much better when it was Clark and Smith.

I don't bother with the Sunday show any more. Not after Jimmy big noted himself about having inside information on Anthony Griffin getting the sack by round 1 this year and SBW to sign with the Roosters by June 30.
Neither have happened.
Ray Thomas is irrelevant unless you are an insomniac desperately needing sleep.

Life's Good

Coach
This morning Laurie had his a*se handed to him by TK & Ritchie over the ‘ownership’ of salary cap (coach vs. committee). In all the arguing Laurie could only cite Hasler as a rogue(basically doing what he wanted)and tried to say it was a major problem across the game. Car crash radio.

This morning Laurie had his a*se handed to him by TK & Ritchie over the ‘ownership’ of salary cap (coach vs. committee). In all the arguing Laurie could only cite Hasler as a rogue(basically doing what he wanted)and tried to say it was a major problem across the game. Car crash radio.

Well Hasler was the prevailing example. Sheens/Potter/Taylor at Wests drove the place into a cap hole as well. Manly, pre and post Hasler, Parramatta (cap cheating.)

I thought Laurie made a good point, but it seemed as though Splinters and Bulldog misappropriated his stance as the coach should not have a say. All Laurie was saying was having a cap manager at the club to protect the interests of the club is a good idea and stops coaches driving clubs into the ground for short term glory and bump up their prospects elsewhere (ala Hasler.)

Splinters was just interested in saying that the coach has no say, and that no coach will go to a club where he has no say. No matter how many times Laurie repeated that wasn't the case the two f**king clowns kept arguing that useless point, especially when I think it was Splinters brought up Origin, and Laurie simply said "I wasn't managed by a salary cap in origin, it's not the same." f**king stupid analogy TK, the merkin thinks he's an authority on everything which is why I seldom listen to the show.

It was car crash radio, but I don't think Laurie was in the wrong. He sounds like a bit of a dope and a larrikin but he knows infinitely more and has achieved infinitely more in the game of Rugby League than some gossip columnist masquerading as a journalist and a bloke who spends his days jacking off thoroughbreds when he's not acting as an authority in all things sport.

Life's Good

Coach
Well Hasler was the prevailing example. Sheens/Potter/Taylor at Wests drove the place into a cap hole as well. Manly, pre and post Hasler, Parramatta (cap cheating.)

I thought Laurie made a good point, but it seemed as though Splinters and Bulldog misappropriated his stance as the coach should not have a say. All Laurie was saying was having a cap manager at the club to protect the interests of the club is a good idea and stops coaches driving clubs into the ground for short term glory and bump up their prospects elsewhere (ala Hasler.)

Splinters was just interested in saying that the coach has no say, and that no coach will go to a club where he has no say. No matter how many times Laurie repeated that wasn't the case the two f**king clowns kept arguing that useless point, especially when I think it was Splinters brought up Origin, and Laurie simply said "I wasn't managed by a salary cap in origin, it's not the same." f**king stupid analogy TK, the merkin thinks he's an authority on everything which is why I seldom listen to the show.

It was car crash radio, but I don't think Laurie was in the wrong. He sounds like a bit of a dope and a larrikin but he knows infinitely more and has achieved infinitely more in the game of Rugby League than some gossip columnist masquerading as a journalist and a bloke who spends his days jacking off thoroughbreds when he's not acting as an authority in all things sport.
His sentiment was right but the he came across as it being an epidemic across all clubs(its could be but it’s not). If he didn’t ponce around with ‘Umms & Ahhs’ he would have been more convincing. He’s actually too nice a bloke to put his foot down.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Some arselicker rang up this morning thanking Laurie for laying down the foundations for NSW series win.
Um, 12 new players, a new coach and coaching staff with different methods. Laurie got no credit on this one.

Footy Tragic

Juniors
Some arselicker rang up this morning thanking Laurie for laying down the foundations for NSW series win.
Um, 12 new players, a new coach and coaching staff with different methods. Laurie got no credit on this one.
Laurie got his side in a position to win the series last year but the players imploded when it counted. Blues did the same last night but there was no Smith Thurston or Cronk to take advantage for Qld. If those three didn't play game 2 last year would NSW have won the series?

Life's Good

Coach
It was cringeworthy on behalf of the caller. I reckon Laurie was a bit embarrassed to be honest given he's a pretty humble bloke.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Laurie got his side in a position to win the series last year but the players imploded when it counted. Blues did the same last night but there was no Smith Thurston or Cronk to take advantage for Qld. If those three didn't play game 2 last year would NSW have won the series?

Who knows.

One good thing I would say about Laurie you can crack a joke with him. If it's personal jab about his nose or a criticism he will just laugh it off. I like that.
Tk & Slats forget it. They get shitty straight away and cut you off.

I like Laurie, he used to infuriate me as a commentator as I thought he was hopeless but he's a genuinely likeable bloke and he's pretty humble as BB has already said, in contrast to the f**kstains Uncle Creepy and Splinters.

Whino

Bench
Daley proving again last night why I don't listen to this program anymore.

I listen for laughs.
If you a betting man you make a quid going against his tips.
Last week he put the mocker on the Warriors stating they would beat Penrith 13+.
Then the most bizarre comment of all. After England missed a goal in the penalty shoot-out, Daley made the silly claim he is a body language expert and England will lose the penalty shoot out to Columbia.
Then he went into a detailed analysis of negative body language equates to losing. I can see a loss coming for England he boasted. No way they can win.
He like look a real knob when England won. Then he jumped on the pommy bandwagon declaring they can go the whole way. No wonder they lost this morning.

MilkShark

First Grade
I listen for laughs.
If you a betting man you make a quid going against his tips.
Last week he put the mocker on the Warriors stating they would beat Penrith 13+.
Then the most bizarre comment of all. After England missed a goal in the penalty shoot-out, Daley made the silly claim he is a body language expert and England will lose the penalty shoot out to Columbia.
Then he went into a detailed analysis of negative body language equates to losing. I can see a loss coming for England he boasted. No way they can win.
He like look a real knob when England won. Then he jumped on the pommy bandwagon declaring they can go the whole way. No wonder they lost this morning.
Fortunately you see through his BS, as do I, but many people out there don't and think that guy is some expert. He was a gifted player and in a Raiders team that was stacked with internationals but that's where it stops.

Nealo 12

Bench
Lots of lols this morning, Laurie and TK almost begging for the US correspondent to agree that a series MVP can come from the losing team in a series , he said no way if he only played 2 of the 3 games. Couldn’t understand how that could happen. There was a deafening silence for a few seconds until Laurie moved to the next story.

Generalzod

Immortal
Lots of lols this morning, Laurie and TK almost begging for the US correspondent to agree that a series MVP can come from the losing team in a series , he said no way if he only played 2 of the 3 games. Couldn’t understand how that could happen. There was a deafening silence for a few seconds until Laurie moved to the next story.
i never listen to show because its all about horse racing and i f**king hate horse racing.

Whino

Bench
Jimmy Smith has been on for 4 days and for every day without reason he has brought up Mitchell Pearce.
Pearce isn't in the news for any reason but Jimmy keeps bringing him up.
Defending him, praising him and stating he is hard done by.
I hate it when Jimmy's on he always has his little agendas.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Jimmy Smith has been on for 4 days and for every day without reason he has brought up Mitchell Pearce.
Pearce isn't in the news for any reason but Jimmy keeps bringing him up.
Defending him, praising him and stating he is hard done by.
I hate it when Jimmy's on he always has his little agendas.

I gave up listening last week after 2 days. I couldn't stand they were still arguing about Billy Slater's Origin MOTM.