What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CA tv rights discussion

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just when you thought you couldn’t dislike Sutherland and Cricket Australia anymore.

My dear old Pop would be rolling in his grave, absolutely pathetic.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
that article does not say why the ABC is being excluded

it also doesn't address how Crocmedia will be able to provide coverage in regional Australia where the ABC already provides coverage and Crocmedia currently doesn't

methinks something stinks here

Croc may outbid the ABC but a lot of regional listeners may miss out here and I dont see this as being in CAs best interest but hey, Sutherland does shit like this

jargan83

Coach
Sutherland only cares for dollars not the actual cricketing public who will miss out.

Just f**k off now Sutherland.

Timbo

Staff member
Jesus f**king Christ.

Do CA have even the faintest f**king clue who their fans are?

Sutherland can die in a f**king fire as far as I’m concerned. He’s an absolute cancer on the game, and his final 18 months have been nothing but f**k up after f**k up.

jargan83

Coach
Common sense:

Australian cricket fans will continue to enjoy ball-by-ball ABC Radio commentary for all Australian Men's and Women's international matches up to 2024 following the signing of a six-year partnership with Cricket Australia.

The agreement gives ABC Radio the rights to broadcast Men’s & Women’s international cricket and the WBBL on all platforms which include ABC local radio, ABC Grandstand Digital Radio, the ABC Listen app and ABC online at either abc.net.au/grandstand or cricket.com.au.

The Managing Director of the ABC, Michelle Guthrie, said: "Cricket on ABC Radio is a big part of any Australian summer and I am really delighted we are continuing to forge a strong partnership with Cricket Australia to provide live commentary to as many Australians as possible. I am also pleased ABC Radio will be the source of women’s cricket, with all matches of Women’s International and WBBL cricket broadcast live on one of our platforms which is a big win for audiences.”

CEO of Cricket Australia, James Sutherland, said: "“We are excited to announce our new radio rights deal with the ABC, which will see our proud and longstanding partnership continue for the next six years.

“Radio has long been an important part of how people enjoy cricket in Australia over the summer, and the breadth and depth of our radio agreements ensures that people will be able to tune in to the cricket action regardless of where they are.

“It is worth highlighting the significant coverage the ABC will provide to women’s cricket over this period, with every Women’s International and WBBL match to be broadcast, effectively making the ABC the radio home of women’s cricket.”

https://radio.press.abc.net.au/abc-continues-84-year-partnership-with-cricket-australia

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so that article from WWOS was all bullshit

wonder if they have an interest in Crocmedia

JW

Coach
Fleming's VFL anecdotes will be Free-to-Air's natural transition from Chappelli's stories of 70s Cricket and Les Favell. The prick will be completely insufferable during a dull session, nay, any session.

undertaker

Coach
Although Ch7/Fox Sports may have the tv rights from next summer, Ch9 has the tv rights for the 2019 World Cup, 2019 Ashes & 2020 World T20 tournament, as those events were included in the previous tv rights contract. Fox will also broadcast World Cup/World T20, but Ch9 have exclusive rights in Australia for the 2019 Ashes.

Star Sports have the international broadcast rights to both World Cup and World T20, as they have exclusive rights to all ICC events (until end of 2023 World Cup). So for those tournaments, Ch9 will only be simulcasting Star Sports tv coverage/commentary, and at most, will only provide their own mini panel during interval breaks and pre-game/post-game discussions, like they did during the recent Australian ODI tour of England.

However, most likely, Ch9 will take their own commentary team to England for the Ashes like they did in 2015 (which they did for the first time since 1997). So, anyone who signed with Ch7 is out of contention as they're on a competing network, which will mean most likely Ch9 will have Mark Nicholas, Mark Taylor, Ian Healy, and Shane Warne

Timbo

Staff member
Although Ch7/Fox Sports may have the tv rights from next summer, Ch9 has the tv rights for the 2019 World Cup, 2019 Ashes & 2020 World T20 tournament, as those events were included in the previous tv rights contract. Fox will also broadcast World Cup/World T20, but Ch9 have exclusive rights in Australia for the 2019 Ashes.

Star Sports have the international broadcast rights to both World Cup and World T20, as they have exclusive rights to all ICC events (until end of 2023 World Cup). So for those tournaments, Ch9 will only be simulcasting Star Sports tv coverage/commentary, and at most, will only provide their own mini panel during interval breaks and pre-game/post-game discussions, like they did during the recent Australian ODI tour of England.

However, most likely, Ch9 will take their own commentary team to England for the Ashes like they did in 2015 (which they did for the first time since 1997). So, anyone who signed with Ch7 is out of contention as they're on a competing network, which will mean most likely Ch9 will have Mark Nicholas, Mark Taylor, Ian Healy, and Shane Warne

I don't reckon they will. After being snubbed by CA, my money is on Ch9 taking the Sky Sports feed and putting it on GEM in SD.

They'll take the cheapest option now that they aren't CA's main partner.

undertaker

Coach
I don't reckon they will. After being snubbed by CA, my money is on Ch9 taking the Sky Sports feed and putting it on GEM in SD.

They'll take the cheapest option now that they aren't CA's main partner.

You mean like they did for the 2013 Ashes?

As long as Tim Gilbert doesn't end up hosting it, all is well.

undertaker

Coach
Oh I can see it now

Brayshaw: well as you can see folks it’s still raining here in Brisbane after lunch on the 3rd day, so we will pick the action back up in the in the 2nd quarter of Geelongs epic encounter with Hawthorn from round 12 2000

LOL

That's exactly what I could imagine Brayshaw saying.

undertaker

Coach
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/posts/13007980/

So, with Ch7's line-up confirmed:

James Brayshaw, Mel McLaughlin, Tim Lane, Alison Mitchell, Ricky Ponting, Glenn McGrath, Damien Fleming, Michael Slater, Jason Gillespie, Simon Katich, Greg Blewett, Brad Hodge, Bruce McAvaney, Lisa Sthalekar, Abbey Gelmi

how do you see it in comparison with who Fox Sports signed up?

Mark Waugh, Mike Hussey, Melanie Jones, Michael Vaughan, Isa Guha, Allan Border, Adam Gilchrist, Brendon Julian, Shane Warne

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
So, in short;

Switch between Seven and Fox when Warne or Brayshaw is on.

And watch the tennis if they’re doing a parallel spell.

Latest posts