What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Origin II - NSW 18-14 QLD @ ANZ

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King hit

Coach
It's all becoming tiresome with Cordner

We're in the age of social media trolls who've got nothing better than saying the same thing over again. Rather than supporting the state, I'm sure these guys would rather see the bloke fail just so they can say I told you so

It is seriously ridiculous. He was good in game 1 always putting his hand up for a run and came up with the most meters for a NSW forward. Hopefully he can enter the class of Toovey, Fittler, Daley, Mortimer etc as a series winning captain tomorrow night.

TheFrog

Coach
He was good in game 1 always putting his hand up for a run and came up with the most meters for a NSW forward.
He also played the most minutes. He's Gallen with a bum chin, very peculiar for a second rower and not his role at Easts. If that was the game plan then he had a good game but its an odd game plan. If taking hit-ups Taumalolo style is to be his role, he should be competing for the 13, and have genuine wide runners in the 11 and 12. This is more a criticism of Fittler and his game plan than of Cordner, who clearly has a huge motor.

GongPanther

Referee
TV ratings, baby.
If the SOO was played tonight, the Belguim V Tunisia WC would have clashed at the end of the SOO,being the preview would have been on and not the match itself.

So for tomorrow,the brains trust who is in charge of scheduling,have the match up against the England V Panama preview. This potentially has the SOO losing quite a number of viewers probably not so much in Australia,but in England and other parts of the world in pubs and other venues.

I wonder how many ex-pats around the world will be watching the last 10 minutes of tomorrow's SOO game,only for it to be changed over to the soccer coverage?

big hit!

Bench
If the SOO was played tonight, the Belguim V Tunisia WC would have clashed at the end of the SOO,being the preview would have been on and not the match itself.

So for tomorrow,the brains trust who is in charge of scheduling,have the match up against the England V Panama preview. This potentially has the SOO losing quite a number of viewers probably not so much in Australia,but in England and other parts of the world in pubs and other venues.

I wonder how many ex-pats around the world will be watching the last 10 minutes of tomorrow's SOO game,only for it to be changed over to the soccer coverage?

There was never ever going to be a Saturday Origin

David brown

Juniors

Im hoping NSW is up by 20 with 10 to go so I can switch the merkin over...

Noname36

First Grade
Cleary could end up being shit for NSW. Its still a huge upgrade on Pearce.

Seriously, what’s your obsession with Pearce?

Sounds like you’re worried Cleary might not perform to the level of the 9th immortal you’ve compared him to so you’re getting in a heap of stabs at Pearce early to soften it.

Don’t worry so much. Clearly will be fine and get away with doing SFA like he did in game 1 with the luxury of not being against Smith/Thurston/Cronk/Slater like every single other NSW half in the past decade (your mate Pearce included) didn’t have.

Seriously I feel sorry for Pearce. Poor bloke has finally found some peace this year but there are still dickheads that go after him at Origin time despite the fact that NSW were never going to win many games with Smith/Thurston/Cronk/Slater steering the ship for Qld regardless of who was in the halves.

Latest posts