What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 R17 Fri - Panthers 36-4 Warriors @ Panthers

Round 17: Panthers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFrog

Coach
1. Edwards (injured)
2. Mansour (injured)
3. Peachey (origin)
6. Maloney (origin)
7. Cleary (origin)
8. RCG (injured)
9. Wallace (injured, forced to retire)
10. Browne (injured, forced to retire)
14. Mckendry (injured)
It's not who is missing that matters, it is who is out there. Half the above have been pilloried on the Panthers forum anyway, not least by one @mxlegend99. I'm expecting a much different performance to last week. This club has a history under Griffin of responding to poor performances and that is what I think we'll see again.

this is one of those games where i'd expect to see tamou lift......

Last week not his best but he's been pretty good this year without being exceptional. And he's durable, which is a huge plus in this team.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
It's not who is missing that matters, it is who is out there. Half the above have been pilloried on the Panthers forum anyway, not least by one @mxlegend99. I'm expecting a much different performance to last week. This club has a history under Griffin of responding to poor performances and that is what I think we'll see again.

Last week not his best but he's been pretty good this year without being exceptional. And he's durable, which is a huge plus in this team.
Who's out there? This isnt like sn Origin team where one guy is out and you have z superstar ready to replace him

Our reserve grade bench, wingers and halves aren't even close to the quality of guys we're missing or that the Warriors have available.

We are in a better position than maybe any NRL club would bewith 9 guys out. But its still largely a reserve grade side we've named. To top it off our form has bern poor the past month anyway.

We played poorly 3 games ago (against
Raiders) and responded by being worse (against Roosters) and than worse again (against Sea Eagles).

This Year?

Immortal
There's a point in the season when the Warriors start to go full genius, but I don't think it will be this game. The Panthers depth is hugely being tested and the only way I could see the Panthers winning this is if they win the forward battle and hope the Warriors backs don't get to see much ball and frustrate their way out of it.

The result of this game mainly relies on how Isaac Luke plays and how the Panthers can contain him.

TheFrog

Coach
Who's out there?
Maybe we could bring Browne back?

I get that you expect us to get beaten. But try not to lose if that is precisely what happens.

Apart from the wingers and the 7, we have a top 4 footy team. I'm expecting Tyrone May to acquit himself very well indeed. It's no coincidence that the reserve grade have gone to the top of the table with him running the show.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach

I get that you expect us to get beaten. But try not to lose if that is precisely what happens.

Apart from the wingers and the 7, we have a top 4 footy team. I'm expecting Tyrone May to acquit himself very well indeed. It's no coincidence that the reserve grade have gone to the top of the table with him running the show.

We are definitely fielding a worse team than the Warriors. Not saying we can't win but they're definitely favourites.

Meth

Staff member
If we can’t win this one, we may as well give the Raiders our spot in the 8

mxlegend99

Referee

I'll only be pissed off if we put in another gutless effort. Losing is pretty much a certainty considering the circumstances of both teams. I wont be happy with a loss. But if we do our best we might have some positives to look at atleast.

We have top 4 centres and second rowers for this game. But thats it. Even then Kikau is carring an injury and Blake hasn't played in 3 months.

Tim Browne would be very handy right now. As would Wallace. A bit of no frills experience would hopefully steady us.

pantherz9103

First Grade
It's a rare game where I'm forced to tip against us but maybe the fill in halves will actually show a bit of flair or take risks. Maloney and Cleary have been ordinary the last couple of games. I know the forwards have been ordinary too but still..

krappo

Juniors
Panthers to hitback minus some big players, The team will step up and thrash the wars :)

Xcalibre

Juniors
Can only see Penwiff stinking up the joint in this, unless Warriors are at their most pungent. On paper they should win. Far better strike players (wingers and halves).