What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Crush

Coach
Yeah, he’s pretty close to the edge I think. Of course I don’t enjoy nudging him closer, it’s purely community service. It does make winning all the sweeter knowing that it irks his type.
Carn the Dragons!

mobels

Juniors
Nightingale came on for Host in the first 5 and stayed there all night, eventually letting in three tries, he was brave, but should not have been there all night, Lawrie should have.
Lawrie is an out and out prop in his 7th game in first grade.

There is absolutely 0 chance his lateral novement in defence would have been any better than Nightingales. He’s quite simply no where near quick enough.

True_Believer

Juniors
Lawrie is an out and out prop in his 7th game in first grade.

There is absolutely 0 chance his lateral novement in defence would have been any better than Nightingales. He’s quite simply no where near quick enough.

Not to mention he would have likely tired quicker. As it was he was pretty much out of puff for the last period he was on.

BennyV

Referee
As I said, I’m sure there are examples of this occurring and your example is a valid one. But you had to go back 7 years, using Bennett, the best coach in history as an example, responding to a situation where we had 2 key injuries.

I agree, Mary can improve in this area but I don’t necessarily think it’s the massive deficiency everyone makes out. Not when you compare him to most coaches anyway (who are not Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy).

As I said, thankfully his Plan A’s have been good enough this year.
Another example tonight - 10 minutes into the second half and Bellamy sends the message out to target Nightingale.

True_Believer

Juniors
Another example tonight - 10 minutes into the second half and Bellamy sends the message out to target Nightingale.

I actually think that was Smith. As soon as Nighty did his arm - next set Smith sent the ball his way and continued to do so for the rest of the game. That's when they shot ahead. I don't think it was Bellamy at all.

BennyV

Referee
I actually think that was Smith. As soon as Nighty did his arm - next set Smith sent the ball his way and continued to do so for the rest of the game. That's when they shot ahead. I don't think it was Bellamy at all.
Was mentioned in Fox commentary that he gave them the comment at half time and then sent it down again 10 mins in.

True_Believer

Juniors
Eh, Warren Smith was commentating so got the same thing on Fox.

So it was a no win situation. Joey was commentating and said at one point " I don't like to keep talking about Cameron Smith..... but...." Then proceeded to talk about him for the next 5 minutes. It was sickening.

Old Timer

Coach
The team showed some grit and tenacity tonight but the defence was lousy including by some notable players.
Any team with big men with footwork in the middle of the park is going to trouble us and if they get behind our 1st line of defence then it is odds on they will score as Dufty takes no one when confronted with a 2 on 1.
The defence coach is a lemon and has no ability to stop players running up out of the line, crabbing in, arm grabbing or getting them chasing opposition breaks hard until their guts hurt (except Graham & Widdop).
So if Mc Fookknuckle does have the team playing with pride and displaying a better style of footy then I suggest he sacks Young asap and gets someone in to fix that shit up and if not then sack himself for not having enough balls to make the calls that are necessary to make our team better.

So it was a no win situation. Joey was commentating and said at one point " I don't like to keep talking about Cameron Smith..... but...." Then proceeded to talk about him for the next 5 minutes. It was sickening.
Unbelievable, every thing he did, “did you see that magic pass straight to an open runner” “did you see him take one step to his right” “did you see him make sure that ball took a lucky bounce”.
But when he kicked the ball straight back into his own in goal that led to Aitken try.........crickets.

Life's Good

Coach
They must be trying to mend fences with him after the McKinnon situation. They are probably angling to interview him so they can do a hatchet job on Cronk this time.

Latest posts