What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jonthan Thurston's last game

AJB1102

First Grade
Andrew Johns played his last match in front of about 12 people in a thrashing at Canberra.

If JT wants his last match to be in Townsville, he should retire early.
I saw the great micheal Ennis play his last game.
It was a thing of beauty.
A sight to behold.
Not as good as the Beaver's last hurrah in the NRL, but good nonetheless.

I was at all of those. Ennis by far the best one.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Should have retired last year instead of asking for this shit.

Do the cowboys know it’s his final year? They are playing with no heart for the bloke.

butchmcdick

Immortal
I might be wrong but Laurie Daley, Brad Clyde and Ricky Stuart didn’t finish their careers on top either as far as I recall

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Why the hell would he deserve to get his final game moved,he played with stacked Cowboys teams he whole career and only ever managed one comp win because Morgan fluked a last min play against a bunch of donkeys

TheFrog

Coach
I might be wrong but Laurie Daley, Brad Clyde and Ricky Stuart didn’t finish their careers on top either as far as I recall
Very few do. Royce Simmons is one. Cronin and Price too. Then there's Mick Ennis. But really, you are in luck if you can win it in your last year.

AJB1102

First Grade
True warriors and legends of the game will always go out on top. Gallen for instance, but his greatness is as rare as getting a BJ from Marylin Monroe and climaxing as Halley's comet lights up the sky.

DeeJ

Bench
Why the hell would he deserve to get his final game moved,he played with stacked Cowboys teams he whole career and only ever managed one comp win because Morgan fluked a last min play against a bunch of donkeys

He also got the Clive Churchill medal undeservedly as well for that game. He was behind several other Cowboys and few Broncos.

Canard

Immortal
250 is an odd number. One would think 300 but that would make poor JT ineligible.

Another part of the criteria is being a cleanskin the entirety of your career and we all know neither Smith or JT have been involved in off field drama....

The arbitrary criteria I developed should be the accepted standard

Canard

Immortal
True warriors and legends of the game will always go out on top. Gallen for instance, but his greatness is as rare as getting a BJ from Marylin Monroe and climaxing as Halley's comet lights up the sky.

Stinky bait

Timbo

Staff member
Most sportsmen go out with a whimper. There are very few fairy tales in any sport.

Ian Healy played his last test in Harare, Tim Cahill rode the pine until the Socceroos were out of the World Cup.

Doesn’t really matter who you are or what game you play. When it’s time it’s time.

blaza88z

Coach
Not salty, disappointed in the loss, yes, but JT was far from his best in that game and far from the best on ground.

yeah but JT slotted the field goal directly in front after a Ben Hunt gift so as such, he gets the accolades