What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And back to 2nd we go!

Lebbo73

Bench
this is going to seem totally bizzare to all and sundry....when I lived in Melbourne playing music there in the 90s I actually was lucky enough to attend my first and only ever 2 Dragons games since supporting them fanatically since 1975! and the 2 gems of games i wittnessed we BOTH WON!! so I never saw Saints get beat at Olympic park! the first game was a usual club game in 99 early on about round 14 I think, Storm had won EVERY home game strait and the local papers were already BS ign and totally writing us off." Oh how many will Storm kill Dragons by'" hehe etc...all week long.... I said to my partner lets go I can sniff a victory I think Dragons will give these pricks a football lesson.and sure enough in a very close game next minute NATHAN BLACKLOCK intercepts and runs the whole length of the field to score and we go on to win! then in the first semi there Blacklock, Wishy, MARY, Mundine, Barrett, Ainsy etc SMASH them by HEAPS cant remember the score 46 something but the tries just kept coming was magic to watch for me whod never even seen the mighties ever coming from QLD now in WA sadly....so its extra sad for me to see us not beat them slimy bastards for 13 years or so....the funniest memory from my first ever Dragons game live was actually sitting at the train station waiting to go into the ground busily hurriedly hand stitching a huge red number 9 on the back of my saints jersey as I was a huge Brownie fan....some kind of wierd superstition I had that told me if I stitched the 9 on wed win and sure enough Bobs your aunties live in lover
Who won the grand final again in 99?

Dragons 09

Juniors
Who won the 2018 SOO series again? The relativity between what happens next to what happened yesterday, is as relevant as it is to what happened 20 years ago.......totally irrelevant in the scheme of things!
No doubt you will be basking in the glory of 8 straight series wins for years to come, that's nice, happy for you, meanwhile we will bask in the glory of 11 straight premierships in a row forever as it will never happen again or be bettered. I know that is a whole lot of butt hurt for any non Dragon supporter to deal with, but hey, try some Paw Paw cream, i hear it's rather soothing.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
Who won the 2018 SOO series again? The relativity between what happens next to what happened yesterday, is as relevant as it is to what happened 20 years ago.......totally irrelevant in the scheme of things!
No doubt you will be basking in the glory of 8 straight series wins for years to come, that's nice, happy for you, meanwhile we will bask in the glory of 11 straight premierships in a row forever as it will never happen again or be bettered. I know that is a whole lot of butt hurt for any non Dragon supporter to deal with, but hey, try some Paw Paw cream, i here it's rather soothing.

What are you talking about?

You only have 1 premiership

Lebbo73

Bench
No doubt you will be basking in the glory of 8 straight series wins for years to come, that's nice, happy for you, meanwhile we will bask in the glory of 11 straight premierships in a row forever as it will never happen again or be bettered. I know that is a whole lot of butt hurt for any non Dragon supporter to deal with, but hey, try some Paw Paw cream, i hear it's rather soothing.
It’ll never happen again because it’s impossible to own all the talent.
Btw, who brags about winning a qualifying final against the same side you lose the grand final too? You would’ve bragged about beating Brissy in the first week of the finals in 2006 as well.
C1A77881-BD1F-46AD-AC5E-CE8C5B79E811.gif

It’ll never happen again because it’s impossible to own all the talent.
Btw, who brags about winning a qualifying final against the same side you lose the grand final too? You would’ve bragged about beating Brissy in the first week of the finals in 2006 as well.
View attachment 21372

Oh damn, also, how’s Nikorima and Milford going in the halves? soooooo much better than Ben Hunt I’d imagine.

ozbuck

Juniors

Exactly. What happens in the regular seasons means jackshit...even what happens in week 1 of the finals means nothing if you look at '99. Look at '09, Minor premiers and then we're out in straight sets. How could such a thing happen under master coach Bennett?!?! That's right, go straight for the coach huh?

But all these people crapping their panties because we lose some regular season games this year and the coaches head needs to roll, etc.

Chris Andersons head would've been demanded to roll if those same ppl were Storm supporters in '99. We steamroll the Storm in the regular season and even in the finals... Their gameplay never shifted even in the finals...still that flat style of attack, etc. How could a coach keep playing that style when it hasn't worked against the Dragons... But then they win the GF. And those people that some supporters cream their pants over from the good old days like Mundine, D.Waite, Thommo, etc never won a ppremiership. They never delivered onothe big day. Mundine could've wrapped up the GF if he passes to ainscough, but shit happens huh.

People want to heap blame on just one person, reduce all variables into one solitary excuse, ignore other possibilities and look for the scapegoat to tie their noose around...and that person is Mary.

I don't agree with everything he does. But there's no coach or player I can not say the same about. But we've got a team who is a scrape into the 8 kind of team and we've practically lead the comp the whole season. Something to think about...

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench
Exactly. What happens in the regular seasons means jackshit...even what happens in week 1 of the finals means nothing if you look at '99. Look at '09, Minor premiers and then we're out in straight sets. How could such a thing happen under master coach Bennett?!?! That's right, go straight for the coach huh?

But all these people crapping their panties because we lose some regular season games this year and the coaches head needs to roll, etc.

Chris Andersons head would've been demanded to roll if those same ppl were Storm supporters in '99. We steamroll the Storm in the regular season and even in the finals... Their gameplay never shifted even in the finals...still that flat style of attack, etc. How could a coach keep playing that style when it hasn't worked against the Dragons... But then they win the GF. And those people that some supporters cream their pants over from the good old days like Mundine, D.Waite, Thommo, etc never won a ppremiership. They never delivered onothe big day. Mundine could've wrapped up the GF if he passes to ainscough, but shit happens huh.

People won't to heap blame on just one person, reduce all variables into one solitary excuse, ignore other possibilities and look for the scapegoat to tie their noose around...and that person is Mary.

I don't agree with everything he does. But there's no coach or player I can not say the same about. But we've got a team who is a scrape into the 8 kind of team and we've practically lead the comp the whole season. Something to think about...
Well said. Spot on.

Someone said they love going to the footy wondering who’s going to win the other day.

Apart from Dragons winning, that’s what I love about footy. How boring would it be if we had the perfect CEO, Board, Coaches and all the elite players. f**kc that.

ozbuck

Juniors
The Ref won.
And got a bucket load of filthy cash.

HAHAHAHAHA

Im a saints supporter but if you think that the ref had a conscious part in winning that game for the storm you are totally in denial. But when things don't go our way, its some big conspiracy. When things do go our way, well...lets just ignore that.

The fact that Mundine could've passed the ball to Ainscough and the GF is basically signed sealed and delivered. ...OH WAIT!... Maybe Mundine got a bucket load of filthy cash as well. How far does this little rabbit hole go?

Seek and you shall find they say...even its all imaginary.

But everyone would love to go back to the good old days of sitting at kogarah with REAL players who played for the jersey, with a coach in waite that was a true coach. NONE of them won what you now use as a measure of success: A PREMIERSHIP. In fact, if one goes down the route of 'what cost us the GF'; it wasnt the ref, it wasnt the touch judges, it wasnt the weather, it wasnt the storm, it wasnt our coach, it wasnt our supporters, it wasnt the video ref, is wasnt the grass...it was Mundine.

But thats too painful to think about.... so let me deflect it and blame something outside of the team... ahh yeah, the refs... easy, simple, obvious, and so so so narrow minded. But, theres a loud portion of Dragons fans who love to chant that ignorance.

So if we dont win the comp this year, I can guarantee the two main reasons that will be trodded out are these: 1. Mary 2. Refs

Old Timer

Coach
You lQld people love to tell everyone how good you are but ignore the fact that the Bronco's are a 1 team town and have been able to enhance the club by having only 1 team for supporters to follow or business' houses donate to.
Get back to us when you have 8 or so teams in the NRL or aren't you good enough to support that many teams?
By the way make sure you get a map that shows that some towns are in fact not in Qld when it comes to eligibility for SOO just another shonky tactic that you are willing to perpetuate.

What are you talking about?
You only have 1 premiership

Unlike you who are selfish to the core and only want 1 team in your city aka "country bumpkinville" we acquired the remains of a club that was folding and made sure its supporters had somewhere to go to ensure their demographics were represented in the NRL.
Our rich heritage and glorious success still remains part of our club and only fools like you don't have the good sense to understand that.
You and your mates in Melbourne to scared to have any competition in your own back yard.
All those people north of the border and only 3 NRL sides of which 1 is an absolute basket case and doomed to failure yet again and that is the best your state can do?
FMD hardly anything to crow about so get back to us when you can put 8 teams into the NRL system.

blaza88z

Coach
You lQld people love to tell everyone how good you are but ignore the fact that the Bronco's are a 1 team town and have been able to enhance the club by having only 1 team for supporters to follow or business' houses donate to.
Get back to us when you have 8 or so teams in the NRL or aren't you good enough to support that many teams?
By the way make sure you get a map that shows that some towns are in fact not in Qld when it comes to eligibility for SOO just another shonky tactic that you are willing to perpetuate.

Unlike you who are selfish to the core and only want 1 team in your city aka "country bumpkinville" we acquired the remains of a club that was folding and made sure its supporters had somewhere to go to ensure their demographics were represented in the NRL.
Our rich heritage and glorious success still remains part of our club and only fools like you don't have the good sense to understand that.
You and your mates in Melbourne to scared to have any competition in your own back yard.
All those people north of the border and only 3 NRL sides of which 1 is an absolute basket case and doomed to failure yet again and that is the best your state can do?
FMD hardly anything to crow about so get back to us when you can put 8 teams into the NRL system.

Go have a lay down gramps, you'll feel better

Lebbo73

Bench

We don’t mind competition. However, a second team in Melbourne will not survive. Pure and simple. I’m all for another team or 2 in Brissy, a team in Perth and one at Gosford. So the question for you is, which Sydney teams are going to fold and/or move too make this possible? Let’s not forget that we have two too many teams already in the NRL!

Old Timer

Coach
Go have a lay down gramps, you'll feel better
Better still I'll go and have real beer and re read Never Before Never Again
Perhaps you should read it, it might give you a clue or 2 about "great clubs" and "great achievements" which are the things that history is made of.

blaza88z

Coach
Better still I'll go and have real beer and re read Never Before Never Again
Perhaps you should read it, it might give you a clue or 2 about "great clubs" and "great achievements" which are the things that history is made of.

Sounds like a shit read

I would much rather watch the 92, 93 grand finals