What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

beave

Coach
No area is perfect re crimes and murders, including the GC.I've spent many years holidaying there.

C’mon Taip, a better response would have been ‘yeah and there’s people actually swimming in the ocean without fear of being mauled by crocs or stung by jellyfish so it can’t be NQ either.......’

Diesel

Coach
All the same colours and all mostly blue.

The one we got was the least this. The rest look like the post-2008 jumpers...

Jesus. ANY of those are better than the f*cking Titans.

Im actually surprised "Pirates" didnt win, considering the Pirates of the Caribbean were at their height in 05-06.
It probably did win, but Titans was decided before the fan vote

Diesel

Coach
I used to park at Helensvale station and catch the train in. Doesn't help that there is nothing to do where the stadium is located. They really need to add a pub/club there. I can't see how a pub wouldn't be successful in that area.
They have a Titanium Bar at Surfers, not sure why there could’nt be a pop-up bar or something similar using shipping containers close to the paddocks on game day. They push public transport as the preferred option so drink/driving shouldn’t be an issue leaving the stadium

Diesel

Coach
Fri 6pm Penrith V Sharks 11,500
Fri 8pm Newc V Parramatta 17,000
Sat 3pm Bulldogs V Souths 12,000
Sat 5.30pm Manly V Melbourne 14,000
Sat 7.30 Raiders V Cowboys 9,500
Sun 2pm Broncos V Warriors 28,000
Sun 4pm Dragons V Tigers 16,000
Sun 6.30pm Titans V Roosters 12,000
Mid to high 30K’s. Warriors games at Suncorp are easily 50:50 crowd support. Add in it’s a Sunday arvo which Brisbane locals have been denied

Saint Doc

Coach
Years of Qld fans bagging Sydney for origin crowds, despite the fact, during the run of 11/12 series losses, our lowest crowd has been 62,000 (I.e. 10k more than capacity at Lang Park).

Now they bloody lose one series and according to El Presidente, they’re only going to have 45k turn up.

NSW. Spiritual Home Of Origin

Years of Qld fans bagging Sydney for origin crowds, despite the fact, during the run of 11/12 series losses, our lowest crowd has been 62,000 (I.e. 10k more than capacity at Lang Park).

Now they bloody lose one series and according to El Presidente, they’re only going to have 45k turn up.

QLD has lost the plot with ticket prices.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The perfect name for the Gold Coast, a beachy coastal strip, was Cowboys?
The Gold Coast Cowboys.

Gold.
Coast.
Cowboys?

:joy: you’ve gone too far. Your subtle trolling prior to this was very good, but you have outed yourself completely taking the piss now.

Some more names by Hello I’m the Doctor
Canberra Heat
North Queensland Mermaids
Sydney Bushrangers
New Zealand Kangaroos

If you read it REALLY carefully, youll notice that i never said "Gold Coast Cowboys"....

"South Queensland Cowboys" or maybe "Gold Coast-Logan Cowboys". Clearly the team would need to play mostly out of the GC but give the club some branding for a wider area and a more working-class feel than the f*cking glitter strip.

And, as i said earlier, it is an immediate "f*ck you" to the Broncos to get some actual emotion into the rivalry.

The Great Dane

First Grade
The perfect name for the Gold Coast, a beachy coastal strip, was Cowboys?
The Gold Coast Cowboys.

Gold.
Coast.
Cowboys?

:joy: you’ve gone too far. Your subtle trolling prior to this was very good, but you have outed yourself completely taking the piss now.

Some more names by Hello I’m the Doctor
Canberra Heat
North Queensland Mermaids
Sydney Bushrangers
New Zealand Kangaroos

LOL, you know f**k all about Canberra!

To give you a better idea, in summer Canberra is hotter on average then Sydney...

Look it up if you don't believe me.

Saint Doc

Coach
LOL, you know f**k all about Canberra!

To give you a better idea, in summer Canberra is hotter on average then Sydney...

Look it up if you don't believe me.

:joy: lived there 3 years sport, I know only too well the dry heat of a Canberra summer. Not really relevant to the joke I was making about winter sports team being called the Heat when the morning temps are frequently in the minus and there is snow on the brindabellas. But thanks for trying

The Great Dane

First Grade
:joy: lived there 3 years sport, I know only too well the dry heat of a Canberra summer. Not really relevant to the joke I was making about winter sports team being called the Heat when the morning temps are frequently in the minus and there is snow on the brindabellas. But thanks for trying

You implied something abjectly false, laugh it off and try to rationalise it all you want but at the end of the day it was just a dumb thing to do...

taipan

Referee
C’mon Taip, a better response would have been ‘yeah and there’s people actually swimming in the ocean without fear of being mauled by crocs or stung by jellyfish so it can’t be NQ either.......’

I've been "stung 'on the GC by a jewellery retailer.
We have blue ringed octopus at Cronulla,white pointers sunning themselves on the beaches, and a sewer treatment works near Kurnell.Oh and Gus Gould used to or still does live in the Shire.
And you think we "ain't" got problems.
Give me a Thai cave system anyday,a lot safer:p

Valheru

Coach

The average high of Canberra during summer is slightly hotter than Sydney but Sydney has higher daily means and average lows which means on a 24/7 basis over summer it is hotter than Canberra.

That is only considering Sydney CBD as well, Western Sydney is hotter than Canberra in terms of average highs whilst still maintaining higher daily means and average lows.

So no, Canberra is not hotter than Sydney.

moffla

Bench
Don't think origin three tickets should be released until after the second game. The pricing is incredibly cooked for a dead rubber. Could have easily held off selling these until the result of game II is known, then flog them for half the price of a regular origin game

Springs09

Juniors
Don't think origin three tickets should be released until after the second game. The pricing is incredibly cooked for a dead rubber. Could have easily held off selling these until the result of game II is known, then flog them for half the price of a regular origin game

Well we always used to be told that Origin in Brisbane sells out in half an hour because of how passionate QLD supporters are. Prices are ridiculous, but hopefully QLD supporters will shut the f**k up now about crowds.

Prices for all games, especially big games, have gone too far. In the last year we have struggled to sell out a Grand Final, a World Cup Final and Origin.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Per capita we win tho ;)

We also have more expensive tickets and less cheaper seats.

For example, restricted view were $180 a pop till this morning, reduced to $70. In sydney for game two, ON A SUNDAY, they were $35.

Also, a third of the seats get reserved for maroon members, which are basically 30% more expensive but you get a scarf and beanie.

Back in the day, when correctly priced, suncorp would sell out in 40minutes, a family of four on level 5 behind the posts, almost $1k, no deal.

Rain here will also stop walk ups.

Latest posts