What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks for Sale?

siv

First Grade
Can the new residents vote the Sharks out of Shark park ?

Just like Milson Pt residents tried with Luna Park

taipan

Referee
Falafel Flanno
I wonder how that traffic is going to be around Woolooware with all those extra units?

DA DENIED!!!

Seeing it's been DA approved ,the regular public transport available, cycle lanes ,will make it no worse or better, than just about any suburb I can name in Sydney.
Most residents there will utilise the retail, walk to the beach, drink at the bars, and not have to use their cars.
Hell try parking and driving around Jubllee Oval these days with all the developments.And dare I say it Sans Souci.

taipan

Referee
Can the new residents vote the Sharks out of Shark park ?

Just like Milson Pt residents tried with Luna Park

Why would they ,quite a few I know are Sharks supporters.One game a fortnight some day ,some night compared to day after day, yeah right.
Plus they get to watch a team that is competitive ,with the best colour combo in the League.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
I'm so tempted, but I'll defy all expectations :)

Go ahead make my day.Then we'll spell out what owning a ground and having an NRL team means.
Whilst you ponder what might have been.
As a token of our appreciation, we'll send you a life size inflatable replica of Slothfield, to act as a Shark repellent off WA beaches.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Go ahead make my day.Then we'll spell out what owning a ground and having an NRL team means.
Whilst you ponder what might have been.
As a token of our appreciation, we'll send you a life size inflatable replica of Slothfield, to act as a Shark repellent off WA beaches.

Unfortunately bloated rotting carcasses attract sharks so the sloth isn't going to be very effective I fear.
Yes being gifted land is great, means you can sell it off to keep relevant. Just need the money coming in now before these annual losses cripple you again.

carcharias

Immortal
So let me get this right
We got given land
We sold the right to build shit on it
We will get money for these people to have the right to live and shop on our land
...and now some rich zillionaire wants to give us truck loads of cash so he can be associated with us?

...and we won the comp.

Sucks to be everyone else.

Generalzod

Immortal
Unfortunately bloated rotting carcasses attract sharks so the sloth isn't going to be very effective I fear.
Yes being gifted land is great, means you can sell it off to keep relevant. Just need the money coming in now before these annual losses cripple you again.
Cripple me this I couldn’t care less what you f**king think

Hopefully the Penns get a trade in and we get picked up by the owner of Kaspersky,Delmage or Wolverine (I want to say Hugh Grant but that's not his name, I hate famous people's names)

There is a difference between selling for others to use and developing it for your own benefit.

Not to mention the point about owning your own ground was more to do with the stadium and not having to pay rent to play and not about the bits either side that are about to produce a massive windfall.

Anyway you are such a hater that I hope you do get a team cos they will die within 4 years once the novelty wears off. WA is simply not a rugby league town.

taipan

Referee

Gifted .When no one else wanted it LOL ,and rates and maintenance paid by the Sharks year in year out.They developed it further into an asset.Does the Perth council" gift" the Reds land for a stadium, just asking?
Yep they sold some of it off ,and will reap profits doing so.it's called forward thinking.
Think Cullen has a far better idea of the financials going forth than you do, plus the $13m grant that all clubs receive will further assist.
Getting the DA for a further 200 units just adds to the profits.They will be in a far better position than they have ever been, less so relying on Leagues club poker machine monies.So you'll have a long frustrating wait.

Latest posts