What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list vs Knights

Eelementary

Post Whore
Let him have a season behind a forward pack that goes forward and halves that control the play and see how he looks.

I reckon he has the potential to be a more than decent fullback.

I agree.

He offers speed that Gutherson just doesn't have.

He is more skillful than Gutherson.

And he is not half bad under the high ball.

He also is a competent one-on-one defender.

He will never be great at breaking tackles or rucking it out, but he will offer other things that Gutherson doesn't.

And I agree - he needs a full off-season at fullback, and at least 10 games ther, imo.

Gronk

Staff member
I agree.

He offers speed that Gutherson just doesn't have.

He is more skillful than Gutherson.

And he is not half bad under the high ball.

He also is a competent one-on-one defender.

He will never be great at breaking tackles or rucking it out, but he will offer other things that Gutherson doesn't.

And I agree - he needs a full off-season at fullback, and at least 10 games ther, imo.

Yes he has potential and the fact that were trying to squeeze Bev Gutho Hayne Norman Moses Mennings into the backline meant that he was stuck on the wing. I hear you and really hope that he makes it as a premium FB.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yes he has potential and the fact that were trying to squeeze Bev Gutho Hayne Norman Moses Mennings into the backline meant that he was stuck on the wing. I hear you and really hope that he makes it as a premium FB.

I could be very, very wrong about him.

But as much as I love Gutho, for me, his lack of genuine pace is an issue not just in attack, but in defence.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Let him have a season behind a forward pack that goes forward and halves that control the play and see how he looks.

I reckon he has the potential to be a more than decent fullback.
I think you apply the same parameters for most fullbacks in the comp and they’re going to look ok. The problem is that we don’t always have that luxury and IMO French has shown that he’s not up to the position in less than ideal conditions.

emjaycee

Coach
I think you apply the same parameters for most fullbacks in the comp and they’re going to look ok. The problem is that we don’t always have that luxury and IMO French has shown that he’s not up to the position in less than ideal conditions.
Mate we have won 3 games from 17. No fullback is going to look good in those circumstances unless you're J Hayne circa 2009.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Mate we have won 3 games from 17. No fullback is going to look good in those circumstances unless you're J Hayne circa 2009.
I thought French was average last year at fullback as well and we looked far better once Guth was moved to the back.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
FWIW, I think Bev would look good at fullback if we had someone like Austin, Gutherson or Morgan as a half. He plays much better as that secondary playmaker, he's too small getting the ball as wide as he does.

Gazzamatta

Coach
yes, his name doesn't start with T
Last season just prior to his injury I reckon CG compared very favourably with the elite fullbacks in our game. I reckon hes trying to do too much defensively covering for some lazy buggers. If everyone plays every play like Gutho I reckon he will look heaps better. That said id prefer him in the centres with Bev at 1 and Wonder Boy on the wing.

strider

Post Whore
Last season just prior to his injury I reckon CG compared very favourably with the elite fullbacks in our game. I reckon hes trying to do too much defensively covering for some lazy buggers. If everyone plays every play like Gutho I reckon he will look heaps better. That said id prefer him in the centres with Bev at 1 and Wonder Boy on the wing.
Im a massive gutho fan ... i think he is a very capable fullback

Latest posts