What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

McNulty

Juniors
This guy is my favourite YouTuber when it comes to comic book movies. This video relates to potential plot line for Avengers 4 and Disney/Comcast fighting it out for the Fox characters

Frederick

Staff member
James Gunn has been fired by Disney after a series of rape-related tweets he made between 2008 and 2011 surfaced online today, and as such won't be involved in GOTG 3.

This is a good thing. I loved the first GOTG and it's easily top 5 in the MCU for me, but volume 2 wasn't anywhere near as good, and I put that down to the writing. The first one was written by Gunn and Nicole Perlman, whereas the second was written by Gunn solely, and it showed, with the amount of toilet humour dialled up to eleven. A new director with a fresh set of ideas will hopefully return vol 3 to the same standard as vol 1

shiznit

Coach
James Gunn has been fired by Disney after a series of rape-related tweets he made between 2008 and 2011 surfaced online today, and as such won't be involved in GOTG 3.

This is a good thing. I loved the first GOTG and it's easily top 5 in the MCU for me, but volume 2 wasn't anywhere near as good, and I put that down to the writing. The first one was written by Gunn and Nicole Perlman, whereas the second was written by Gunn solely, and it showed, with the amount of toilet humour dialled up to eleven. A new director with a fresh set of ideas will hopefully return vol 3 to the same standard as vol 1
I’m annoyed by it... I didn’t think he deserved to be fired.

I thought the tweets were disgusting and quite frankly embarrassing for him.... but he did them along time ago in a different time in his career and he apologised for the tweets years ago.

As far as I’m aware he never hid them... and made multiple apologies for them.

Disney hired him knowing full well he made these tweets... sacking him now is just stupid.

Nicole Pearlmans script was garbage... that’s why they had to rewrite it and they removed her from the project.

She only got a writer credit because they were contractually obliged once she completed the early drafts... which ended up being re-written.

Gunn is a massive loss to the gotg franchise and the MCU as a whole.

Early indications are the fans are clamouring for Taika to take the reigns... I can understand it... he does comedy well... but I think his comedic style is quirky and unique and won’t be the same as the previous gotg films.

hrundi99

First Grade
Probably skip, but looks better than Aquaman

The Aquaman trailer looks to me to be quite poorly edited.

I like the lead actor and i'll go and see it but it makes you wonder when they can't get the trailer right.

Reactions: PJ

LESStar58

Referee
Why shouldn't the highest bidder win?

I'm selfish is all. I'd like to see a complete Star Wars blu ray box with the unaltered editions one day.

Reports are that it's one step closer to happening anyway. Disney shareholders voted something like 99 per cent in favor of it and Fox was a similar vote.

Generalzod

Immortal
I'm selfish is all. I'd like to see a complete Star Wars blu ray box with the unaltered editions one day.

Reports are that it's one step closer to happening anyway. Disney shareholders voted something like 99 per cent in favor of it and Fox was a similar vote.
Leestar lets hope that happens fans have been asking for those unaltered editions for quite a while, under George Lucas the only time that the unaltered versions where given a release was on these DVD's these come out in 2004.

star-wars-widescreen-limited-edition-dvds.jpg

LESStar58

Referee
Leestar lets hope that happens fans have been asking for those unaltered editions for quite a while, under George Lucas the only time that the unaltered versions where given a release was on these DVD's these come out in 2004.

star-wars-widescreen-limited-edition-dvds.jpg

Yeah. I have them. Want them on blue ray through! I won't watch the special editions.

Danish

Referee
Chris Pratt and the entire GOG cast are backing Gunn:

I wonder how long it will be till the collective social media mob comes after Pratt? Between his speech about believing in God and this tweet he has riled up many a snowflakes on both sides of the political aisle

shiznit

Coach
Chris Pratt and the entire GOG cast are backing Gunn:

I wonder how long it will be till the collective social media mob comes after Pratt? Between his speech about believing in God and this tweet he has riled up many a snowflakes on both sides of the political aisle
He’s kind of interesting... he’s probably considered quite conservative considering how forthright he’s been with his religious beliefs...

I wonder if the conservative crazies that went after Gunn will give Pratt a pass.

I have a conspiracy theory about this whole situation...

I wonder if Disney pulled the trigger in Gunn as quick as they did due to the pending shareholder meetings at Disney and Fox over the merger.

There was a thought out there that Disney treated Rosanne Barr(right wing) differently to James Gunn(left wing).

And I wondered if they thought this could hurt them when it came to the Fox shareholders vote as obviously Fox is notoriously right wing centric.

Now that they have cleared the shareholders hurdle and have now been greenlit by the regulators in the US... maybe they can backtrack on the Gunn firing.

I actually wouldn’t be suprised if Iger & Feige gave Gunn a tap on the shoulder and said we will cut you publicly for the next 12-24months while we get this merger completed and then we will rehire you again once this is done..

Danish

Referee
He’s kind of interesting... he’s probably considered quite conservative considering how forthright he’s been with his religious beliefs...

I wonder if the conservative crazies that went after Gunn will give Pratt a pass.

I have a conspiracy theory about this whole situation...

I wonder if Disney pulled the trigger in Gunn as quick as they did due to the pending shareholder meetings at Disney and Fox over the merger.

There was a thought out there that Disney treated Rosanne Barr(right wing) differently to James Gunn(left wing).

And I wondered if they thought this could hurt them when it came to the Fox shareholders vote as obviously Fox is notoriously right wing centric.

Now that they have cleared the shareholders hurdle and have now been greenlit by the regulators in the US... maybe they can backtrack on the Gunn firing.

I actually wouldn’t be suprised if Iger & Feige gave Gunn a tap on the shoulder and said we will cut you publicly for the next 12-24months while we get this merger completed and then we will rehire you again once this is done..

Judging by the replies to his tweet plenty of the conservative and leftist types aren't reacting too strongly to his support of Gunn... although the silent majority are surely in support of it. Realistically these actors actually hold about a billion dollars of Disney's money in their hands, so they actually hold a lot of cards in negotiation.

Hopefully 2018 is the year that dickless twitter mob outrage finally starts getting ignored like it should.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Finally saw Ant-man and the wasp. It was enjoyable enough and fun, just nothing to gripping. Main plot about trying to rescue someone we don’t really know. No real bad villain. One of the more un-rewatchable in the MCU I feel.