What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The biggest example of why Mary cannot coach

RufusRex

Post Whore
The best running back rower in the NRL is Frizell .. He is strong/powerful.

We buy a bloke in Hunt who turned Gillett into a try scoring wizard

Frizell runs inside off him every time back up the middle ..
WHAT THE SERIOUS f**k

Sims goes to the right edge and within minutes scores a try running an outside line of Hunt's hip.

possm

Coach

WHAT THE SERIOUS f**k

Sims goes to the right edge and within minutes scores a try running an outside line of Hunt's hip.
We need a top line prop and in my opinion Frizell would be sensational in that role. A rotation this year of Vaughan, Graham, Frizell and Ah Mau would fix our front row problem.

I agree, Sims should be on our right edge stiffening up our defence and running off Hunt. Put Leilua on the left edge and hold to account. He may just turn out to be a winner. I'd love to see our forward pack comprise of:
Vaughan
McGinnis
Graham
Leilua
Sims
De Belin

Frizell
Ah Mau
Aitken
Robson

Enough changes to make a real difference at this time of year.

Frank Facer

First Grade

WHAT THE SERIOUS f**k

I think Sims has looked like the best edge backrower in the comp this year. Frizell continued to run back into the middle and can not set up a right hand side attack. The ball stops with Frizell, just as it stops with Aitken.

Earlier in the year I started a thread saying what I would do if I was coach. One of the things I said I would do is move Frizell to be part of our prop rotation. I said that I would give Host a run in Frizell's right hand side second row position, with the hope that our attack could improve on that side that that Frizell would strengthen our middle. Lucky is starting to show some good signs now and I wouldn't mind Sims moved to the right hand side, Lucky promoted to start on the left edge and Frizell as part of our prop rotation.

possm

Coach
I think Sims has looked like the best edge backrower in the comp this year. Frizell continued to run back into the middle and can not set up a right hand side attack. The ball stops with Frizell, just as it stops with Aitken.

Earlier in the year I started a thread saying what I would do if I was coach. One of the things I said I would do is move Frizell to be part of our prop rotation. I said that I would give Host a run in Frizell's right hand side second row position, with the hope that our attack could improve on that side that that Frizell would strengthen our middle. Lucky is starting to show some good signs now and I wouldn't mind Sims moved to the right hand side, Lucky promoted to start on the left edge and Frizell as part of our prop rotation.
Yep, exactly my thoughts for quite some time this year.

giboz71

First Grade

WHAT THE SERIOUS f**k

So......

If Sims can score tries off his half like a good edge back rower, Friz should be able to do the same right? Sims is playing in the same structure is he not? He’s scored a few tries running off Widdop as well on the left.

So I don’t think there is anything wrong with the structure.

I just don’t think Friz has the instincts to be top class edge backrower. And clearly no one in yj coaching staff can teach him.

gitano

Juniors
Yeah .. but you think Aitken is a decent centre so not many people listen to you ;)
Played the game at a high level. Euie made a few poor misses today but won't be the last on Latrell. Don't argue footy with me.

Frank Facer

First Grade
So......

If Sims can score tries off his half like a good edge back rower, Friz should be able to do the same right? Sims is playing in the same structure is he not? He’s scored a few tries running off Widdop as well on the left.

I just don’t think Friz has the instincts to be top class edge backrower. And clearly no one in yj coaching staff can teach him.
Do you think Friz would make a top class prop in our pack?

I know he would make a top class lock. I have previously said that he could be the second best lock in the game (behind Taumalolo) if he was playing there, but with DeBelin, I am very happy with him at lock too and want both of them in our team.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Played the game at a high level. Euie made a few poor misses today but won't be the last on Latrell. Don't argue footy with me.
Do you still think Aitken will play origin? lol

I still don't. Unless he was picked as the bench utility, like Peachy was this year.

Como Connection

First Grade

I know he would make a top class lock. I have previously said that he could be the second best lock in the game (behind Taumalolo) if he was playing there, but with DeBelin, I am very happy with him at lock too and want both of them in our team.
Front row Fizz
CC

BennyV

Referee
So......

The point of the thread being that Friz (potentially the best edge backrower in the game, considering his raw ability) has a few gaps in his game and our 'coach' is unable to rectify that.

Same way that Aitken had gaps that the coach is unable to rectify.

And so on.

The strangest thing for me is that Friz was running great lines when Benji was feeding him...

giboz71

First Grade
The point of the thread being that Friz (potentially the best edge backrower in the game, considering his raw ability) has a few gaps in his game and our 'coach' is unable to rectify that.

Same way that Aitken had gaps that the coach is unable to rectify.

And so on.

The strangest thing for me is that Friz was running great lines when Benji was feeding him...

Safe to say that Mary has never proven to be able to rectify flaws in people”s games.

Duges spent 4 years with us without ever learning to execute a simple sweep play FFS.

Unfortunately, if Friz can’t learn to run good lines himself, he’s not going to learn it at the Dragons.

giboz71

First Grade

He’s just not a classic edge back rower who runs good lines and has ball skills.

Hoffman, Proctor and Cordner have been the standard in recent years, with Gavin Cooper a poor man’s version. Ben Creagh was a great exponent for us.

Tariq really isn’t an instinctive edge back rower as well but he’s somehow managed to teach himself to run good lines resulting in a few tries this year. It’s a shame Friz can’t do the same.

He’s continuous cut back to the middle drives me up the wall. A guy his size should be running at centres and halves, not props who are just as big as him.