What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

beave

Coach
The problem is, we aren’t the ones talking about these figures, everyone else is.

However not only do we rort the cap allegedly, we also use our supposed massive advantage in un-declared TPA’s according to the anti-bronco hive mind.

The ridiculousness of this position never fails to amuse me though. We’ve never been found guilty of breaching the major salary cap, yet accused of it weekly.

We have unfair / unlimited TPA advantages being a one city club, yet we still use rubbery figures that don’t add up (except obviously to the NRL auditors)...

If we had these TPA’s why would we even bother with rubbery figures? Yet the anti-bronco BS continues nonetheless...

No worries Andrew Gee......

Juju

Juniors
The problem is, we aren’t the ones talking about these figures, everyone else is.

However not only do we rort the cap allegedly, we also use our supposed massive advantage in un-declared TPA’s according to the anti-bronco hive mind.

The ridiculousness of this position never fails to amuse me though. We’ve never been found guilty of breaching the major salary cap, yet accused of it weekly.

We have unfair / unlimited TPA advantages being a one city club, yet we still use rubbery figures that don’t add up (except obviously to the NRL auditors)...

If we had these TPA’s why would we even bother with rubbery figures? Yet the anti-bronco BS continues nonetheless...
You'd have to be a completely one eyed nonce to read about how the Gee scenario played out and still believe things were squeaky clean at Broncos HQ.

ek999

First Grade
Sauaso Sue to the Bulldogs

Pay is being shown to be pretty smart recruiter and is building a stronger squad than I thought he would be able to, forward pack especially. Doubt we would be looking to sign a hooker (Nu Brown and JMK looks to be the rotation) but I would love him to sign Parcell back from ESL. Probably need another outside back but that would be about the only other signing

_Johnsy

Referee

I'd take an ex-Broncos CEO (Don NISSEN's evidence under oath that they did (via Thoroughbreds founder Ken Talbot) agreed to make under the table cash payments to players & Bennett) over your assertions any day of the week.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-07-06/former-broncos-director-testifies-at-nuttall/1343170

The then NRL (owned by news Ltd) then refused to investigate, I wonder why news Ltd wouldn't want to investigate Brisbane's cheating of the salary cap.

As for your clubs undeclared TPA's 100% it's true (actually you can throw the Roosters/Melbourne/Cows) in this boat. All clubs would find a way around it, but it is the levekl & number of them that cause inequity rendering the salary cap useless. Under current rules there is no requirement to declare TPA's, The rule is a TPA cannot be sourced from clubs or their sponsors, but clubs can introduce prospective TPA providers to player managers. See the issue, where the thoroughbreds were not "sponsors" of the club yet many of them held positions on the board. Members of the thoroughbreds are multi million dollar businessmen. I am sure you can join the dots. However the NRL are looking at an overhaul of the current TPA system, as it's flaws and ease of rorting is obvious, even to the uneducated. Your ignorance & bias is astounding, only matched by your stupidity.

Last edited:

Jason Simmons

Juniors
You'd have to be a completely one eyed nonce to read about how the Gee scenario played out and still believe things were squeaky clean at Broncos HQ.

I agree completely, was a very poor look. However I also note that neither ASIC nor the NRL could actually find any contravention of their respective laws / rules over this, nor were the Broncos cited for whatever it was Gee allegedly did...

Last edited:

Jason Simmons

Juniors
I'd take an ex-Broncos CEO (Don NISSEN's evidence under oath that they did (via Thoroughbreds founder Ken Talbot) agreed to make under the table cash payments to players & Bennett) over your assertions any day of the week.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-07-06/former-broncos-director-testifies-at-nuttall/1343170

The then NRL (owned by news Ltd) then refused to investigate, I wonder why news Ltd wouldn't want to investigate Brisbane's cheating of the salary cap.

As for your clubs undeclared TPA's 100% it's true (actually you can throw the Roosters/Melbourne/Cows) in this boat. All clubs would find a way around it, but it is the levekl & number of them that cause inequity rendering the salary cap useless. Under current rules there is no requirement to declare TPA's, The rule is a TPA cannot be sourced from clubs or their sponsors, but clubs can introduce prospective TPA providers to player managers. See the issue, where the thoroughbreds were not "sponsors" of the club yet many of them held positions on the board. Members of the thoroughbreds are multi million dollar businessmen. I am sure you can join the dots. However the NRL are looking at an overhaul of the current TPA system, as it's flaws and ease of rorting is obvious, even to the uneducated. Your ignorance & bias is astounding, only matched by your stupidity.

So why isn’t the NRL taking action if the evidence is so overwhelming?

The glaring hole in your biased garbage there is the obvious fact that News Ltd owned the Storm when they were detected breaching the salary cap...

There was no issue from News Ltd when action was taken by the NRL in that instance, but there is when it happens to involve the Broncs right?

Aha. I wouldn’t be too quick to throw around ‘stupidity’ accusations were I you. Two seconds of research shows you’d have to be thicker than a whale omlette to believe the rubbish you wrote there...

_Johnsy

Referee

The glaring hole in your biased garbage there is the obvious fact that News Ltd owned the Storm when they were detected breaching the salary cap...

There was no issue from News Ltd when action was taken by the NRL in that instance, but there is when it happens to involve the Broncs right?

Aha. I wouldn’t be too quick to throw around ‘stupidity’ accusations were I you. Two seconds of research shows you’d have to be thicker than a whale omlette to believe the rubbish you wrote there...

Ask the NRL why they didn’t take action. I don’t have an answer for you. As I said earlier, I’ll take the testimony under oath from your clubs CEO as proof beyond a reasonable doubt. A fair assumption wouldn’t you say?

The years between Nissen giving evidence & Melbourne being caught the structure of the NRL had changed. I would also guess that Lachlan Murdoch privately owning shares in Brisbane may have impacted on the decision.

The fact remains Brisbane are salary cap cheats, as your club CEO admitted under oath.

Last edited:

Jason Simmons

Juniors

The other issue about the late Mr Talbot giving ‘secret payments’ to Broncos players (though of course this was never proven, only one person’s word was given it happened) is it may not actually breach NRL salary cap guidelines... Unlike your statement where you clearly show your ignorance of salary cap rules, someone like Talbot could give any NRL player as much cash as he wanted...

Mr Talbot was not employed by the Broncos, was not involved in sponsoring the Broncos and we’ll never know if these payments were declared or not, because the NRL refused to publish them.

What players can earn outside the salary cap:

$100,000 - Motor Vehicle Allowance – a maximum amount of five motor vehicles may be provided to players in the Top 30 outside of the salary cap. (Valued at $20,000 each).

Unlimited - Players can earn unlimited amounts from corporate sponsors who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game's intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved by both a Player’s Club and the NRL. These agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club.

Now as to your comments about the ease with which the salary cap can be rorted, finally we agree om something, but the Broncs are far from alone in this. Like virtually all clubs we’ve had minor breaches of the salary cap and usually self-reported these, but again we’ve never been found guilty or even found, in a major breach of the salary cap...

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Ask the NRL why they didn’t take action. I don’t have an answer for you. As I said earlier, I’ll take the testimony under oath from your clubs CEO as proof beyond a reasonable doubt. A fair assumption wouldn’t you say?

The years between Nissen giving evidence & Melbourne being caught the structure of the NRL had changed. I would also guess that Lachlan Murdoch privately owning shares in Brisbane may have impacted on the decision.

The fact remains Brisbane are salary cap cheats, as your club CEO admitted under oath.

1. He wasn’t the CEO.

2. He did not admit under oath Talbot made illegal payments to Broncos players. Only payments. You should try reading your own link some time... They could have been registered with the NRL for all you know. Certainly the NRL didn’t ‘do’ anything with this startling information That was uncovered in August 2009, yet took action against Melbourne despite your ‘changes’ in April 2010...

https://www.nrl.com/news/2010/04/22/melbourne-storm-breach-nrl-salary-cap/

Spot On

Coach

Detected breaching the cap?

What a load of shit.

You ask why the NRL isn't taking action.... where the f**k have you been lately ... the NRL is the most incompetently run organisation in the country.

They would never had 'detected' Mlb's systematic years of rorting if it wasnt for a whistle blower handing them the evidence.

The NRL are f**king useless.

Give yourself an uppercut and a dose of reality Wayne.

blaza88z

Coach
Probably best move for all concerned, Oates has been great for us but Wayne's never seen him as a second rower and the way we are at the moment he won't really get a start in the 2nd row with players like Gillett, Sua and Glenn on our list

He was on millions as well so that should open up space for us to sign some big name players

Anthony Don being courted by a few clubs (souths and sharks mentioned). Tits offer is under the 180k deal he is on at the moment. For a bloke that has scored 60 tries in 100 games for a team that hasn't been doing well for the majority of it that is a bargain. Tits reckon his age and injury history makes the loose change they are offering him as fair but will then probably give michael gordon an upgrade

He's staying at the Titans.

Source: https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018/07/31/anthony-don-remains-a-titan/