What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons sign Korbin Sims

slippery5

Juniors
Well Tom for us it is all about recruiting big names from other clubs because without them we will not be winning a comp any time soon as the coach is incapable of using the juniors that have been retained.
I agree that keeping the youth within the system and retaining the back bone of the good players we have is essential but I do not see signing Korbin as something to get excited about as he ain't going to win us a comp.
Whilst you say Korbin was the best available and you use price as a determining factor then I disagree as we had plenty left under the cap and could have gone for a marquis signing as I certainly do not see Graham as a starting prop option next year.
We replaced LAM with a lesser quality player and say that's ok but I pose the question why not a marquis signing who will put pressure on an incumbent and force him to fight for a starting spot?
Graham for LAM and sign a SOO quality prop as starting player or is that just too much to ask for?
I believe Korbin is a massive improvement on LAM, he was arguably Broncos best before he got injured which would have had him in contention for a Qld spot IMO. The fact they grew up in the Illawarra region qualifies them as local juniors as far as I'm concerned. Many didn't think Tariq would be a good signing either, but like Tariq, Korbin will be a great buy, we just have to get someone to replace Lats on the bench & we will be complete.

Belta

Juniors
Possum said;

“Both Dufty and Field need to bulk up substantially if either are to be our fullback. In my humble opinion it is Lomax that looks most likely to be our long term fullback.”

—————————————————

Happy for Dufty to still be our FB, but I’m not 100% sold. I think he drifts in and out of some games. We need to have confidence and security at the back. The great fullbacks consistently contest bombs and put their bodies on the line. Dufty has got some ways to go in a few of those departments.

Bench
I watched the Broncos game and noticed that Sims played long minutes. He more then handled the panthers forwards and think we have got a good first grader with him. With the bunch of forwards the Broncos have I feel he has made a good decision to leave them.

The calm one

Juniors
I watched the Broncos game and noticed that Sims played long minutes. He more then handled the panthers forwards and think we have got a good first grader with him. With the bunch of forwards the Broncos have I feel he has made a good decision to leave them.
Korben would have watched his brother, Vaughn, JDB etc last night and would have been drooling at the mouth. Watch him next year with our pack behind him. You will see a different and vastly improved footballer. Buy of the year

rednwhites

Juniors
When we signed Tariq I thought he'd be solid depth and would see a bit of game time without setting the world on fire for us. Fast forward a couple seasons and he's been by far and away our best player this year. If we had 12 more of him the premiership would be ours.

To be quite honest, my opinion of Korbin is nowhere near that of Tariq. Watching the odd Broncos game over the past few seasons he really hasn't struck me as a dominator, not much more than a toiler with a few errors in him. I wouldn't be signing him on that despite the nice notion of him teaming up with his brother. Certainly not professing to be the best judge but I am really not convinced this is a move in the right direction. Hopefully, I am wrong like I was about his brother.

Now we just need Ruan to make it a complete sibling set to wear the Red V. Unfortunately she got signed up by the Roosters and after today she wont be ruing that call...

Bench
I have watched the last two times and thought Sims has played pretty good. His defence is good and he showe in attack he is good also and has gotten a pass away so I think he will out quite well. He also has played long minutes which is a bonus.
Looking forward to see how he goes with us

Latest posts