What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden Point

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I noticed the lack of urgency in the last minute of the game yesterday. The players were obviously thinking that it’s all sweet, we’re going to golden point

lockyno1

Post Whore
I agree that teams should get the right to reply, but that would require tinkering with the kick off structure.
I just reckon get rid of it and have draws, non-golden point extra time for finals.

Agreed I don’t get why we need GP in the first place.

siv

First Grade
Golden point is so great it allows opposition fans to laugh at who loses as a TV spectator

Eion

First Grade
GP, you win some you lose some, whatevs.

I would change the points though. Every game has 4 points. 4-0 for a win in normal time. 3-1for a win in extra time. 2-2 for a draw after extra time.

SBD82

Coach
GP, you win some you lose some, whatevs.

I would change the points though. Every game has 4 points. 4-0 for a win in normal time. 3-1for a win in extra time. 2-2 for a draw after extra time.
I'd rather get rid of GP. But if it stays I like your points structure.

Valheru

Coach
I agree with just changing the point structure.

1 point for the losing team in GP would work and yes I realise that means some games have 3 points handed out but I don't see an issue with that, the winner still gets a maximum of 2 points.

Eion

First Grade

1 point for the losing team in GP would work and yes I realise that means some games have 3 points handed out but I don't see an issue with that, the winner still gets a maximum of 2 points.
I prefer having 4 points on offer for every game. 1 point for a loss in GP, gives 3 points for the winner. 4 in total.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Have not changed my view.

Golden try.

Any infringment, cannot kick for goal and immediate sin bin.

Currentl Golden point becomes a kicking game in a game based on running.

Dont be like Union it ain't cool.

I accept draws, but a GF needs a result.

TheFrog

Coach
This i could go with, but what happens in knockout?

For finals matches, same as now. 5 minutes each way, and keep playing until there is a score.

I would sooner have draws in regular games.

You can't have different points for different games. It would get rorted.

Reactions: siv

Eion

First Grade
So the same kickfest saved only for Finals.

Bandaid solution.
Changing the points does nothing to the kickfest, just makes it a bit more palatable for the team who has drawn in normal time. Although, if a team already has a point for the draw you may find they are willing to try their hand at more flashy play in extra time if they aren’t going home empty handed.