What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything is pointing towards a premiership 2018

ouryears

Bench
f**kc this place sometimes, when we are winning its like one post an hour, when we are losing its a p Kiost a minute.
Bunch of bitching, moaning doomsdayers.
Ive said too much, batton down the hatches.
What do you expect when it’s been June and July of dead set poor results.

Over 2 months of shit.
You think we should clap the players for the last 2 months performances.

I know you thought we had win the competition back on Anzac Day LOL, I understand you may feel let down, betrayed, and even embarrassed......

Take it out on mcidiot and his band of merry men, not on posters here who have every right to speak up

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.. now 2018

What is it you don't understand about FAILURE Paul?

WepnutV

Juniors
What do you expect when it’s been June and July of dead set poor results.

Over 2 months of shit.
You think we should clap the players for the last 2 months performances.

I know you thought we had win the competition back on Anzac Day LOL, I understand you may feel let down, betrayed, and even embarrassed......

Take it out on mcidiot and his band of merry men, not on posters here who have every right to speak up

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.. now 2018

What is it you don't understand about FAILURE Paul?
You do understand how hard it Is to win a comp in the NRL right? You do understand since 1923 dragons have won it 16 times, the second most in the comp, ONLY 16?? In 95 years. The success you demand is rare in rugby league nor is it sustainable.. This might help you... Having expectations is a sure way of knowing you are going to be let down.. Stop expecting so much and back ya team!!

ouryears

Bench
You do understand how hard it Is to win a comp in the NRL right? You do understand since 1923 dragons have won it 16 times, the second most in the comp, ONLY 16?? In 95 years. The success you demand is rare in rugby league nor is it sustainable.. This might help you... Having expectations is a sure way of knowing you are going to be let down.. Stop expecting so much and back ya team!!
Another damn apologist.
It’s all too hard, it’s not easy mum, blah blah blah

I do not give a shit if we win a comp.
But I give a shit about playing poorly, having no imaginative or creative moves, pathetic use of the bench, poor team selections, a captain with little heart, and the list is endless

Stop supporting mediocrity, you are embarrassing.

ouryears

Bench
f**kc this place sometimes, when we are winning its like one post an hour, when we are losing its a post a minute.
Bunch of bitching, moaning doomsdayers.
Ive said too much, batton down the hatches.
Let’s see you repeat the post in September.
June, July and August are all failures.

It’s going to change is it.....

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

You do realise that over the past 50-years, Saints have won the competition only three times?

Compare to this clubs such as Manly, Canterbury, Brisbane etc.

Your post is the epitome of mediocrity which shouldn’t be acceptable to any Dragons’ fan.

st penguin

Juniors
You do realise that over the past 50-years, Saints have won the competition only three times?

Compare to this clubs such as Manly, Canterbury, Brisbane etc.

Your post is the epitome of mediocrity which shouldn’t be acceptable to any Dragons’ fan.

Let's see..

if we choose the last 50 years. We won three prems which equals 6%.

We currently make up 1 of 16 teams which equals 6.25%.

So, yeah we are under the average expected number. Even if you weight it for less teams during the 70s that only brings up the percentage to about 7-8%.

Where I think we are particularly under-performing is in grand final appearances. It's been 8 years since we've been in a grand final. I think that ties for our second longest grand final appearance drought. And we haven't even come close in that time.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Storm also have only 3 premierships in the past 50 years..

As have the Raiders..

I may be mistaken, but AFAIR, the only teams with more than 3 in the past 50 years are manly, parra, bulldogs and roosters.

Of those 4, only 1 is a chance this year..

**edit.. forgot the broncos.. but they’re no chance this year either**

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Storm also have only 3 premierships in the past 50 years..

As have the Raiders..

I may be mistaken, but AFAIR, the only teams with more than 3 in the past 50 years are manly, parra, bulldogs and roosters.

Of those 4, only 1 is a chance this year..

Both Melbourne and Canberra weren’t in existence 50-years ago.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Let's see..

if we choose the last 50 years. We won three prems which equals 6%.

We currently make up 1 of 16 teams which equals 6.25%.

So, yeah we are under the average expected number. Even if you weight it for less teams during the 70s that only brings up the percentage to about 7-8%.

Where I think we are particularly under-performing is in grand final appearances. It's been 8 years since we've been in a grand final. I think that ties for our second longest grand final appearance drought. And we haven't even come close in that time.

Speaking of grand final appearances, I imagine you’re aware that Saints have featured in at least one in every decade since the 1920s?

It looks lan almost certainty that this decade will see the end of this proud record.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Aware of that, but over the past 50 years they’re technically as successful as us..

I think it’s fair to say ‘the real’ Frank Facer would be rolling in his grave with an attitude like that.

Comparing the Dragons to other clubs and accepting mediocrity is not a part of St. George DNA.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think it’s fair to say ‘the real’ Frank Facer would be rolling in his grave with an attitude like that.

Comparing the Dragons to other clubs and accepting mediocrity is not a part of St. George DNA.
If you don’t compare, how do you establish a benchmark?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'd say that ship already sailed...I would count 2010 as part of this decade.

Crazy stuff - the two longest droughts have come since the merger.

No, 2010 was part of the last decade. When you count to ten, you always start at one; ergo 2011 was the beginning of the current decade.

There are also NO merged teams in the NRL.

st penguin

Juniors
No, 2010 was part of the last decade. When you count to ten, you always start at one; ergo 2011 was the beginning of the current decade.

There are also NO merged teams in the NRL.

Hmm not sure about that - according to your logic the year 2000 was in the 90s!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hmm not sure about that - according to your logic the year 2000 was in the 90s!
Yep, 2000 was the final year of the decade which started in 1991 (given the Gregorian Calendar started at AD1, not 0)..

Stupid way of looking at it, personally, but that’s the way we’ve been doing it for hundreds of years..

I reckon to make Jimmy’s comparison fair, he needs to have the decades start the year RL started in Australia.. 1908 (otherwise it leaves teams playing up to 1910 only 3 seasons to meet the decade criteria)

So 1908-1917, 1918-1927(ish) and so on..

I believe we still play in a grand final every decade then.. and given it’s 2018 now, we have this season + the next 9 to keep our record intact..

#praisemary

st penguin

Juniors
Yep, 2000 was the final year of the decade which started in 1991 (given the Gregorian Calendar started at AD1, not 0)..

Stupid way of looking at it, personally, but that’s the way we’ve been doing it for hundreds of years..

I reckon to make Jimmy’s comparison fair, he needs to have the decades start the year RL started in Australia.. 1908 (otherwise it leaves teams playing up to 1910 only 3 seasons to meet the decade criteria)

So 1908-1917, 1918-1927(ish) and so on..

I believe we still play in a grand final every decade then.. and given it’s 2018 now, we have this season + the next 9 to keep our record intact..

#praisemary

giphy.gif

True_Believer

Juniors
If you don’t compare, how do you establish a benchmark?

I guess he is saying that we should only do comparisons from 2007 then - which is when the last team joined the NRL in it's current form (Titans). I don't think this is valid however...

If we do that, the records state that there have been only 7 winning teams - of which we are 1. Only Manly and Melbourne have done better (with 2 each). Which still doesn't paint a bad picture.

Latest posts