What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everything is pointing towards a premiership 2018

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yep, 2000 was the final year of the decade which started in 1991 (given the Gregorian Calendar started at AD1, not 0)..

Stupid way of looking at it, personally, but that’s the way we’ve been doing it for hundreds of years..

I reckon to make Jimmy’s comparison fair, he needs to have the decades start the year RL started in Australia.. 1908 (otherwise it leaves teams playing up to 1910 only 3 seasons to meet the decade criteria)

So 1908-1917, 1918-1927(ish) and so on..

I believe we still play in a grand final every decade then.. and given it’s 2018 now, we have this season + the next 9 to keep our record intact..

#praisemary

Those Gregorians, what a funny bunch!

Love their music though.

Yeah, the year 2000 was the final year of the 90s (as you’ve explained). It was also the end of the 20th century.

st penguin

Juniors
Those Gregorians, what a funny bunch!

Love their music though.

Yeah, the year 2000 was the final year of the 90s (as you’ve explained). It was also the end of the 20th century.

I don't like their calendar but I quite like their chanting.

Anyway - despite the fact I have way more important things I should be doing - I Iooked up the decades and found this wikipedia page which defines the 2000's as 2000-2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000s_(decade)

Since it conforms to my opinion, I am going to completely rely on it.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I don't like their calendar but I quite like their chanting.

Anyway - despite the fact I have way more important things I should be doing - I Iooked up the decades and found this wikipedia page which defines the 2000's as 2000-2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000s_(decade)

Since it conforms to my opinion, I am going to completely rely on it.

Wikipedia is hardly a credible source.

I’ll ask again. When you count to 10, do you start from zero or one?

There’s your answer.

Dragons 09

Juniors
I find it fascinating that a thread titled "Everything is pointing towards a premiership 2018" , a thread that was undoubtedly started to encourage hope and the belief that the impossible is possible, has morphed into a debate by some obviously intelligent individuals about the correct protocol for counting to 10.

If any of you blokes start sticking sharp objects in your eyes or find yourself rocking in a corner while licking the walls, please share your thoughts with us, we understand "Mary Syndrome" and we're here to help.

st penguin

Juniors
I find it fascinating that a thread titled "Everything is pointing towards a premiership 2018" , a thread that was undoubtedly started to encourage hope and the belief that the impossible is possible, has morphed into a debate by some obviously intelligent individuals about the correct protocol for counting to 10.

If any of you blokes start sticking sharp objects in your eyes or find yourself rocking in a corner while licking the walls, please share your thoughts with us, we understand "Mary Syndrome" and we're here to help.

Imagine how boring this thread would be on the Melbourne forum.

Original poster: "Everything is pointing towards a premiership 2018"

Everyone else: “sure is!”

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Imagine how boring this thread would be on the Melbourne forum.

Original poster: "Everything is pointing towards a premiership 2018"

Everyone else: “sure is!”
You forgot to add that in the Melbourne forum it would be 3 months between the opening post and first reply...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
When I count to 10 I start from a base of zero.

If I started from a base of 1, I’d be cheating.

I bet you say “one” and not zero.

Allow me to express things in a different way. When a footy team wins its first premiership, you wouldn’t start from a base of zero.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
I'd say that ship already sailed...I would count 2010 as part of this decade.

Crazy stuff - the two longest droughts have come since the merger.
What did we expect, Illawarra never won anything.

Lots of non performing kids, youth unemployment, high drug users, low income, high portion unemployed, high welfare.

Yep, real great joint partner.

Like putting QANTAS with Malaysian Airlines

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
What did we expect, Illawarra never won anything.

Lots of non performing kids, youth unemployment, high drug users, low income, high portion unemployed, high welfare.

Yep, real great joint partner.

Like putting QANTAS with Malaysian Airlines

Cooper, Morris, Hornby, Creagh, Young, Prior, Merrim and (if it weren’t for injury) Hunt.

Yes, the Illawarra side of the JV hasn’t contributed or “won anything”.

Short memories as the Oils used to say.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I bet you say “one” and not zero.

Allow me to express things in a different way. When a footy team wins its first premiership, you wouldn’t start from a base of zero.
of course you would.

before they won that premiership, how many premierships did they have?

there's your base. you count up from there.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Why the hell would I lick the walls?

That's where I smear my poo.

Latest posts